Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
sniper_iron_man
Registered Users

Default dx7 tail gain on 700e to low below 50% ?

Ok so lately I've been trying to get my tail to hold solid I've had a few guys on here like helico and BObo help me out ...the new issue im having or confused by is no matter what parameter color im on for (D) I cant go over 50% on tx gain or it will oscilate during FF or coming out or some big loops backwards flight very little.

befor i switched to version 3 i was flying with paremater D on blue tail was holding good and felt pretty solid. now when ever i set up on purple,blinking red, solid the tail holds "good" a little on the loose side. now my tx gain on my dx7 will very anywere from 42% to 46% anything higher and ill start geting some oscilation.

now when im on blinking blue and solid blue ill have to lower my tx gain a couple notches but my tail feels solid.

Question is is it ok to run my tx below 50% gain? And then whatever color till I find the best hold and all? wich i think would be any blue color.

Im running a dx7
Align700e 700mx
Ds650 tail servo
Align 105 tail blades
V3 beastx
sniper_iron_man is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Bob O
HF Support

My HF Map location

If you run under 50% gain, you'll be in Rate mode. When you adjust your transmitter gain, does the yellow LED go from one letter to the next, indicating that it is recognizing the signal change from your transmitter? When you talk about oscillating, do you mean just the tail?

I'm sure you've seen the MB Tuning guide, which explains how to go about tuning the tail. You should also check Setup Video #4. Together they cover everything you need to know to set up the tail properly.

But, if your tail oscillates in that kind of flight, that's an indication of your transmitter gain being too high. But if your gain is already low, the next option would be to move the ball inward on your tail servo horn. Doing that will reduce the mechanical gain, which will require you to raise the transmitter gain. What you accomplish by doing this is you give the servo more resolution, and with the resulting increase in transmitter gain, the MB will better be able to hold the tail.

Right now, I'm running 80 (Gyro Sense) on my transmitter gain (letter " I " on the MB), and I have no wag or oscillations in the tail. What letter is yours on?

Regarding Parameter D (Tail HeadingLock gain), that should not be adjusted until you get your tail gain (transmitter) sorted out. You need to get the tail to hold well and without wag or oscillations before you move on to Parameter D and Dial 3. They all have to do with the tail, but must be tuned and adjusted separately.
OmG servos
Futaba 14SG
Bob O is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
sniper_iron_man
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bob i was waiting for you to reply haha ok im gunna answer everything you asked
my tx gain is at 42% setting the light on the beastx on G yes it does move if i lower or raise my %

when i go above 50 % on tail gain (tx) and go for some FFF i end up geting slight oscilation if i do a big fast loop coming out of it will give it a reall bad oscilation. so ill have to lower it down to about 45 - 42% leaving me with a loose tail feel.

i have seen all the videos on here countless times they do make very good sense but i just cant get over 50 % ....

im currently running the stock plastic big star wheel ball is about 15mm from center last hole on top. ill try moving the ball in one step down during my lunch our and see if that does that trick.

thanks for the tip BOB.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Bob O
HF Support

My HF Map location

I realize you and I have different helis, tail servos, etc., but mine is 13mm out. In any case, your symptoms indicate too high a mechanical gain, so moving the ball inward is what you should try.

** Don't forget to redo the tail limits in the Setup menu.
OmG servos
Futaba 14SG
Bob O is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
eimbot
Registered Users

there is a difference in the dx7 from the values in gyro sense menu and ATVs if im not mistaken?

i had the opposite problem than you. had to little mechanical gain. moving the ball out helped my problem, so the opposite should for you
eimbot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
sniper_iron_man
Registered Users

All making sense now was about to dump this sucker and go big V

Aaah jk.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
sniper_iron_man
Registered Users

Problem solved I took the ball one step down on the tail servo wheel ( stock align star wheel second hole from center) set my tx to 80% gain MB parameter D to purple took it out from the take off I notice the tail was pretty stiff did couple pass by I did have to lower gain sweet spot was found at 61% changed parameter for the heck of it to solid blue long story short completely happy with my tail now.

Tail no longer feels loose my punch outs no longer have kicks did alot vertical punch outs to wide open funnels tail is pretty damn locked in now for sure !

Thanks once again Bob.
And yes end points were set back up again.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support