Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New Logo Xxtreme videos

Here are some new logo xxtreme vids, the play by play from pinion in the last vid was funny as hell. Pinion you rock dude!

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Silver-techie
Registered Users

Pretty freakin AWESOME flying.

The first video... I was actually loosing orientation when he was doing hurricanes.

I suppose it's the camera, and no canopy on it.

But.. I don't think I'll ever be near as good as dat. I might... however, could be the greatest crash pilot.

Edit:

Unless... that title was already taken.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Down Low
Registered Users

That thing is scarry! ...in a good way!

Kyle's precision and smoothness always inspire me. Just plain impressive.

I suddenly feel like repairing my 3D+ that I crashed about a month ago and have had the parts to fix for about two weeks.

Off to build! ...
MAAC #85462
Down Low is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
cudaboy_71
Registered Users

My HF Map location

love the organic helipad in video #1. makes me wish we had water at our club field....ours looks very similar for most of the summer/fall.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
Ken Here
Registered Users

wow 3'd vid Blade scrape with Kyle Rocks!
Ken Here is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
dahld
Registered Users

I'm trying to get Kyle to make a vid of the XXtreme being flown more "normal", meaning at more "normal" head speeds for the size of the heli (like at 1600, instead of 1850 or 2000), to show how the machine behaves (and the much longer flight times), for all the less than "super 3D" types out there who might be considering the machine...you know, for the "average" guy like me

I'll see if I can twist his arm

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
redbird300
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
I'm trying to get Kyle to make a vid of the XXtreme being flown more "normal", meaning at more "normal" head speeds for the size of the heli (like at 1600, instead of 1850 or 2000), to show how the machine behaves (and the much longer flight times), for all the less than "super 3D" types out there who might be considering the machine...you know, for the "average" guy like me

Don't do it, it will be hard flying for him with a twisted arm ... just break a leg or so.
Serious now, would be great to watch such a vid !
Old 10-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
BTB
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:

Get to twisting Dave, we would love to see Kyle doing some low head speed flying with the xxtreme or 600se..

Old 10-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #9
garfieldhummer
Registered Users

I saw this on youtube days before, I have to say, Kyle u are really a bad guy, can u put this machine to its limitation just at one time? And I have to try harder to make money for this weapon.

Wow, no idea how crazier this nig bird could be. 2000rpm on 800mm? haha
Old 10-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
jhheli
Registered Users

Is there a reason he switched to Futaba.
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
Inverse
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

There seems to be a growing amount who are experimenting with lower head speeds, it would be interesting to see how it flies.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
Silver-techie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverse View Post
There seems to be a growing amount who are experimenting with lower head speeds, it would be interesting to see how it flies.
So... question.

Would that involve changing the pinion to a lower tooth gear, or change the throttle cure to a flat low percent?

I would have to guess the pinion for best efficiency.

Just wanna verify since I'm still noobin around.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
dahld
Registered Users

@ jhheli,

I hate to even make comment, as the "vs." deal between JR and Futaba is pretty rank (Kyle is sponsored by neither). And, we have no proof...just speculation .

But twice this season Kyle experienced a crash with his XXtremes. And after trying real hard to pin the causes down, the only thing in the end left open to question was the radios.

So Kyle decide on his own to put his XXtremes on Futaba. All our other machines (both his and mine) are still on JR.

To temper the Futaba crowd from jumping on all this, I must say that we've had almost 100% reliability and performance from our JR radios (we have four of them), and the airborne systems on about 8 helis over the years, and thousands of flights.

So...??? I wish I knew for sure.

@ Silver-techie,

Kyle and I have already (during the prototyping phase of the XXtreme), played with some low head speed set-ups. Although Kyle competed with the machine at the major events this season using head speeds in the 1750-1850 range, and played with crazy "demo type flying" head speeds of 2000 (see the first vid above), "lower head speeds" with the XXtreme means 1400-1600 (although it putts around just fine @ 1200...but doesn't 3D too well that low).

I've got a machine set-up and flying now with 813mm mains, @ 1300, 1400, and 1600 head speeds. Kyle can fly 3D with that machine for at least 8 minutes, and I can do "sport" type flying (forward flight aerobatics, circuits and orientation training), for 11 minutes, and in neither case, exceed 80% of the pack (14S 5100mah).

To achieve the lower head speeds, all we do is lower the throttle setting. Same motor and same pinion. A different pinion would of course be technically the best, but an 18 tooth is the smallest we have. And, it works just fine as is (-:

I'm going to pin Kyle down this weekend to make a vid of him flying the "Sport XXtreme" (as I call it).

dahld is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
Laurens
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe one of the radio's is just worn?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #15
OverTemp
Registered Users

Quote:
@ jhheli,

To temper the Futaba crowd from jumping on all this, I must say that we've had almost 100% reliability and performance from our JR radios (we have four of them), and the airborne systems on about 8 helis over the years, and thousands of flights.

So...??? I wish I knew for sure.

I know this is off topic, taking that risk, but I'll comment on this rank subject.

One of those cases where almost 100% isn't good enough. Dangerous stuff we are playing with.

Kyle just made me switch. Kidding

I switched early this year after watching multiple unexplained crashes at SEFF, and after learning how the Spektrum data stream worked in light of the problems with the hi res vBar setting. Had a hack smell to it.

Also, to be honest, the fact that they told us for years that there was nothing wrong and had all those mass flying demos to prove it, then came out with the "fix", and charged $75 plus shipping for a firmware flash... Come on. Come on again... Jets were going down, even Quique lost a plane at an event. Horizon PA suddenly turned into a bunch of physicists trying to explain it away, selling even more junk to patch up your system, but I never bought their excuses. The pots don't even really center. If you go through setup with a JR and a 8FG, the vBar RX setup menu will show you the difference in attention to detail immediately.

It was cheaper in the end to sell the X9503 and get an 8FG and RXs than to buy all new satellites and flash the JR radio.
OverTemp is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #16
OnTheSnap
Registered Users

Politics aside, DSMX is a massive improvement in terms of robustness of the RF link. I converted my entire fleet the moment Mikado added DSMX support to vBar. Indeed we all play with dangerous toys, and maintaining control is critical to our safety.

Dave, for your own personal stuff, consider the DSMX upgrade. It really is a robust design and a huge step forward in reliability. In the end I was able to sell off my dsm2 sats for $20 each, making the upgrade cost per Heli $30 for 2 new sats. A worthy investment.

MSH USA
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #17
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTemp View Post
I know this is off topic, taking that risk, but I'll comment on this rank subject.

One of those cases where almost 100% isn't good enough. Dangerous stuff we are playing with.

Kyle just made me switch. Kidding

I switched early this year after watching multiple unexplained crashes at SEFF, and after learning how the Spektrum data stream worked in light of the problems with the hi res vBar setting. Had a hack smell to it.

Also, to be honest, the fact that they told us for years that there was nothing wrong and had all those mass flying demos to prove it, then came out with the "fix", and charged $75 plus shipping for a firmware flash... Come on. Come on again... Jets were going down, even Quique lost a plane at an event. Horizon PA suddenly turned into a bunch of physicists trying to explain it away, selling even more junk to patch up your system, but I never bought their excuses. The pots don't even really center. If you go through setup with a JR and a 8FG, the vBar RX setup menu will show you the difference in attention to detail immediately.

It was cheaper in the end to sell the X9503 and get an 8FG and RXs than to buy all new satellites and flash the JR radio.

+1 that's why I have sold off all of my spektrum stuff except for my dx7, that will be sold later in the year after I purchase a 8fg super. I also felt it would be cheaper to switch out instead of doing the dsmx upgrade. Why should I have to pay to fix a problem that they said never existed, + I don't like the look or feel of the dx8 so my only option is to jump ship.. I have had two crashes my first year due to a bad encoder board, and a few strange crash that Im 95% sure it was my radios fault this year. I won't risk a signal loss or lock out when I'm spending all this money to build my 600se.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #18
jhheli
Registered Users

Something told me not to ask that question
Old 10-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #19
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhheli View Post
Something told me not to ask that question
You opened up a big ass can of worms with that question..

Old 10-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #20
jhheli
Registered Users

Your right, I should start posting a bunch of YouTube videos with my favorite music like on other threads and then no one will remember what we talked about in the first place , you no the threads where someone post a song in response to someone else's music video and the title of the thread is about paying attention when you fly.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion