Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
Flatearthman
Registered Users

Smile MSR X

Today Horizon has put the msr x owners manual on their website with a parts breakdown if anyone is interested!
which means it should be coming soon!
Flatearthman is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Varc
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can't wait!
Varc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Tom Lauten
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatearthman View Post
Today Horizon has put the msr x owners manual on their website with a parts breakdown if anyone is interested!
which means it should be coming soon!

That's great but I would prefer some straight forward video of the MSR X flying "normally". (e.g. not backwards in a trade show stand)
Tom Lauten is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
FlyingJedi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lauten View Post
That's great but I would prefer some straight forward video of the MSR X flying "normally". (e.g. not backwards in a trade show stand)
Many have been asking for HH for a vid of this since the announcement a month ago, guess HH feels that they can save on marketing and let D&J hobbies do the spot filming for them on youtube. Sorry Tom, flying backwards at a tradeshow is what HH is counting on to sell it. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingJedi View Post
I think it's sad when you know that HH reps do read these threads and see so many requests for a Vid and yet they choose not to respond and instead ignore these requests.

They could at least have responded:

1) Well, we are looking into making a Vid
2) It will be coming out soon
3) Unfortunately we can't release that info yet due to HH policy
4) Sorry, If i say anything, I would be canned.
5) Or any kind of response relating to Vid requests....

By showing some kind of acknowledgement to Vid requests it would at least show they are paying attention to their fans who are showing immense blind-faith in HH by making pre-orders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik5397 View Post
%100 agree!!! The fans and people like us that want there products are the reason there in business and I think we deserve to have some what of an appreciation, reconisation of that. But in stead we have to is around and and wait and wait and wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by from RCG
It's now been 4 weeks since the announcement of the mSRX. Since then the silence has been deafening. No promotional video - nothing. I think I may be just about to officially lose interest.
Quote:
Yup....with no appearance of a Vid, apparently, everyone has squeezed out every last drop of what can be discussed for the mSRx.
Since there is nothing else to discuss for it, short of any new vids or info, the thread has turned into a 'mSRX Discuss anything else' thread :p
Quote:
Where the heck is the video for this?
HH sure is taking there sweet time.

The HH reps who see the thread requests have so far ignored and refused to reply to any vid requests to date. It's either that or their marketing dept does not know how to go about generating 'Hype' since they think giving no updates or vids since announcement is the way to go..haha

HH feels that its fans are expected to have blind faith to do pre-orders for something with no updates on info or even flight performance vids. This makes no sense. Poor showing HH!

Last edited by FlyingJedi; 11-19-2011 at 07:35 PM..
FlyingJedi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
spykez
Registered Users

In all fairness, I think you have a choice of whether to pre-order or not.

Also, this heli could be a lemon no matter what videos they show. That said, it could be stelllar.

My take is that it 'probably' is of 'acceptable' quality - that's an individual judgement call. Would I pre-order? Thinking about it - finances allowing. 450 X will take precedence. Again same deal. It could well be a lemon. But I've already seen and experienced the 4503D - mechanically up to the head I have some 'feel'. But that's just me. What's you?

Bottom line is we won't know until it's out and in the wild for a while what sort of issues it will have.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
FlyingJedi
Registered Users

Well, the video is finally out. But after more than a month after its announcement, all the video showed was about slightly more than a minute(if you don not consider the repeat of the marketing stills from the website) worth of 'motion snapshots' taken in a warehouse and maybe in the park next to HH. As one poster put it in RCG,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG
Not as much a video as a series of snap shots - does not tell you a thing on how this heli actually flys,
Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG
Did anyone detect the mSRx mild wobbling during hover and some slight swing backwards as it stopped in some parts of the vid? Maybe due to pilot control? Maybe I saw wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG
I noticed it. Not a very smooth takeoff in the beginning, either. You'd think they could do better, especially for a product release video. Like I said above, I'll wait and see what the first few rounds of customers (i.e. unpaid beta testers) have to say about it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG
I really expected more from this new mSRX, the video really wasn't very impressive in my opinion. Time will tell, no pre order for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG
Yup, definitely to both. It stood out like a sore thumb.

Guess this was the best promo video they could come up with that required 4 weeks of editing.

But, at least, they did put something out......yay

(LATEST UPDATE EDIT)
Looks like HH 'updated' the mSRx video after a bunch of people complained. Now it shows more flight scenes compared to when it was first released. Thanks HH.

Last edited by FlyingJedi; 11-22-2011 at 02:01 AM..
Old 11-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
David Eichstedt
Registered Users

I agree going for a month with no video is inexcusable. HOWEVER, there were some extenuating circumstances in this case. First, we had all the footage we needed to construct a video about the time we announced it, but we had a severe hard drive crash and lost most of the footage. Second, the wind has not stopped blowing hard for about the last 2 1/2 weeks or so here, so it was very difficult to capture any outdoor footage to replace what was lost. The rumor I heard was that it was blowing 20mph when we shot the outdoor footage that ended up in the video you see now. Third, most of the heli team was out of the office in Asia for two weeks during this period, so it was a bit harder to drive capturing new footage and getting the video edited.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
MaydayMayday
Registered Users

20mph? really? my mcpx would struggle in that wind and my current msr would be 20 miles away. If that were true i'd be very impressed but those trees in the background dont appear to be moving much so I doubt that is true.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
spykez
Registered Users

Fair play in answering David. I appreciate these were the choiciest clips. I can understand that. Time will tell.

As an aside, I'm more interested in what ye have to say about the 450 X - so if someone could go down to the B450 forum and take a look at my questions, I'd be very grateful.

BTW, I really do appreciate this dialogue between the dev team and us and hope it will continue, keep up the good work, thanks
Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
FlyingJedi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
I agree going for a month with no video is inexcusable. HOWEVER, there were some extenuating circumstances in this case. First, we had all the footage we needed to construct a video about the time we announced it, but we had a severe hard drive crash and lost most of the footage. Second, the wind has not stopped blowing hard for about the last 2 1/2 weeks or so here, so it was very difficult to capture any outdoor footage to replace what was lost. The rumor I heard was that it was blowing 20mph when we shot the outdoor footage that ended up in the video you see now. Third, most of the heli team was out of the office in Asia for two weeks during this period, so it was a bit harder to drive capturing new footage and getting the video edited.
Thank you David. I appreciate your sincere response.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #11
lovespicyfood
Registered Users

Not to hijack the thread, but I gotta ask David, when is the MCPX2 coming out? . Just saw some chatter/leak from the German sites. Very interested as my wife needs ideas for Xmas! Lol.

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
Lighty
Registered Users

I have never flown an MSR just an MCPX, but to me this looks terrible to me. I couldn't find a moment in the vid that showed a left banked turn. If the BNF is anymore than $79 i'll shocked.

Just my 2cents.
Lighty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #13
intro
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Okay...

For my money, I wish Blade had devoted their energy to a 120-250 CCPM (preferably FBL). Something to fill the hole between the mCPx and the 450.
To me this small-ness thing has gone far enough.
But I love to see them trying new stuff.
Blade-T-Rex-Tarot- 450 and under-DX7/8-AMA#977655
intro is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #14
pakk
Registered Users

I think smallness is great. It gets people into the hobby.
pakk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:27 AM   #15
spykez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by intro View Post
For my money, I wish Blade had devoted their energy to a 120-250 CCPM (preferably FBL). Something to fill the hole between the mCPx and the 450.
To me this small-ness thing has gone far enough.
But I love to see them trying new stuff.
I see where you're coming from but for myself anyways, I dunno, mCP X is fine. mCP X v2 with no tail issues would be even better (I hear this may not be the case, the tailboom is still the same length).

Anything bigger you're needing a field, or a very large gymnasium... and it won't be as crashworthy....

So for me, might as well go for a 450 sized bird.

That said, I don't think I have the skill yet to handle a T-Rex 250 flybarred like you may do, so horses for courses I guess.

So maybe that's why there are no Blade 250 birds, they're not gonna be as crashworthy as an mCP X and are going to be more skittish than a 450 outside, just guessing of course. Probably will not appeal to their target customers.

You could try that nine-eagles 180 wotsit thing but I hear lots of people are not really very happy with it. There's a new Walkera FBL 200 or 250 that looks promising but I don't know much more about it at this stage. Devo radio needed I believe. I get confused when it comes to all the Walkera kit.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help