Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450


Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Like2fly
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denmark
Default Flybar seesaw replacement?

I managed to damage some of my flybar cage and the seesaw while trying to get a bent flybar out.

Now while I am waiting for replacement parts, I get in doubt on how to reinstall the seesaw:
My head has still what appear to be a screw and a bearing in it on each side. Are these screws supposed to go into the seesaw? I am asking because right now, it looks like the screws only just go through the bearings and holds a small washer on the inside part.

So I am wondering if the seesaw is just a tight fit between these, or if the screws are supposed to go through the bearings and into the seesaw?

Thanks for helping me out ;-)
Like2fly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
spykez
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,378
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Australia
Default

Hehehe, you too eh? Welcome to the club.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=359055&page=2
__________________
In exile.
spykez is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Gladiator
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,441
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, FL
Default

Haha sorry... I had to laugh... Otherwise I'd be crying... That is the most annoying part to replace on the B450.

One advice... Take a deep breath and count to 10


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Goblin 700, T-Rex 700N, T-Rex 450
iKon, because I am connected to my heli, are you?
Gladiator is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Merced69
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Default

+1
Merced69 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
Being
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N. Calif.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like2fly View Post
I managed to damage some of my flybar cage and the seesaw while trying to get a bent flybar out.

Now while I am waiting for replacement parts, I get in doubt on how to reinstall the seesaw:
My head has still what appear to be a screw and a bearing in it on each side. Are these screws supposed to go into the seesaw? I am asking because right now, it looks like the screws only just go through the bearings and holds a small washer on the inside part.

So I am wondering if the seesaw is just a tight fit between these, or if the screws are supposed to go through the bearings and into the seesaw?

Thanks for helping me out ;-)
You'll figure it out but to help you along, the seesaw goes into the bearings and the screws secure it there.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #6
Like2fly
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denmark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being View Post
You'll figure it out but to help you along, the seesaw goes into the bearings and the screws secure it there.
I guess you mean the seesaw fits between the bearings, and the screws secure it there?

If I am correct, my point is, that the screws still in the head seems to short to go/reach into the seesaw, unless what I see is only a part of the the two screws remaining in the head?....

I have tried to attach a photo, to illustrate the screws in question.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HeadSeesaw_0639.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	270079  
Like2fly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 AM   #7
spykez
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,378
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like2fly View Post
I guess you mean the seesaw fits between the bearings, and the screws secure it there?
...
Yep, just remember to get it in the right orientation. Or you'll be kicking yourself later. Exploded parts diagram and Thalios's sticky plus that thread I linked will help.
__________________
In exile.
spykez is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #8
Like2fly
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denmark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Yep, just remember to get it in the right orientation. Or you'll be kicking yourself later. Exploded parts diagram and Thalios's sticky plus that thread I linked will help.
Thanks a lot, I'll read the thread carefully again ;-)
Like2fly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #9
Like2fly
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denmark
Default

OK, pls correct me if this sum up is wrong:

  • I have to take out at least one of the bearings in the head in order to get the seesaw back in place correctly
  • The orientation of the seesaw is important and should be with the ball on the left each side, when the seesaw is viewed from paddles position
I understand it is hard to get the bearings in/out, and had hoped to replace the seesaw without removal/reinstalling of the bearing

Thanks for chiming in ;-)
Like2fly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
pilotlevi
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: cape coral, FL
Default

I drilled my out and just replaced the bearing... To me paying a little money is worth the headach...

I then proceed to install the seesaw backwards and had to drill it again.... lol
pilotlevi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
Being
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N. Calif.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like2fly View Post
I guess you mean the seesaw fits between the bearings, and the screws secure it there?
No...the nubs on the seesaw (or the brass insert if you use the aluminum seesaw) go into the bearings.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
Being
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N. Calif.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like2fly View Post
OK, pls correct me if this sum up is wrong:

  • I have to take out at least one of the bearings in the head in order to get the seesaw back in place correctly
  • The orientation of the seesaw is important and should be with the ball on the left each side, when the seesaw is viewed from paddles position
I understand it is hard to get the bearings in/out, and had hoped to replace the seesaw without removal/reinstalling of the bearing

Thanks for chiming in ;-)
It's impossible to install the seesaw with both bearings in place. I think you should take the screws out because they are screwed into part of the seesaw that broke off...the nubs I mentioned above. The nubs go into the bearings not between them.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 AM   #13
Like2fly
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denmark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being View Post
It's impossible to install the seesaw with both bearings in place. I think you should take the screws out because they are screwed into part of the seesaw that broke off...the nubs I mentioned above. The nubs go into the bearings not between them.
Thanks a lot for correcting me!

Everything is clear now, where I have gotten one of the bearings out: A small piece of broken seesaw covered the end of both screws. Now I understand that a small cylinder shaped part of he seesaw ("nub) goes into the bearing, and that the screws goes through the bearing and into the cylinder part of the seesaw.

So obvious now, when it is apart, but hard to figure out when something is missing and you don't know exactly what.

Thanks!

Last edited by Like2fly; 12-01-2011 at 04:26 AM..
Like2fly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #14
Being
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N. Calif.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like2fly View Post
Thanks a lot for correcting me!

Everything is clear now, where I have gotten one of the bearings out: A small piece of broken seesaw covered the end of both screws. Now I understand that a small cylinder shaped part of he seesaw ("nub) goes into the bearing, and that the screws goes through the bearing and into the cylinder part of the seesaw.

So obvious now, when it is apart, but hard to figure out when something is missing and you don't know exactly what.

Thanks!
Glad I could help. I owe this community alot for all the help I've received since I joined.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #15
Musiqfan
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA, South Carolina
Default Replacing Flybar Seesaw Holder

I was finally able to replace the Seesaw holder by removing the bearings for both sides. Take special care when removing the bearings.

Once the bearings have been removed, insert the Seesaw holder into place and install one of the bearings. Make sure that the hole of the bearing matches the hold for the screw into the Seesaw.

Place the head on a flat surface and rotate for the bearing installation. I used a socket from my socket set to push down on the bearing using equal pressure. You may also want to insert the screw about 1/3 of the way to ensure that everything is properly aligned.

With the bearing inserted about 1/3 of the way, flip the head over and insert the other bearing. Also make sure that the hole for the Seesaw and the bearing are aligned.

Press down carefully with equal pressure and the bearing should be installed.
Musiqfan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #16
Ron~FordTech
Registered Users
 
Posts: 813
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oakville ON Cda
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like2fly View Post
OK, pls correct me if this sum up is wrong:

  • I have to take out at least one of the bearings in the head in order to get the seesaw back in place correctly
Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Like2fly View Post
  • The orientation of the seesaw is important and should be with the ball on the left each side, when the seesaw is viewed from paddles position
I understand it is hard to get the bearings in/out, and had hoped to replace the seesaw without removal/reinstalling of the bearing
Sorry - it cannot be done with both bearings in place. And to further clarify...

The seesaw has a pair of "horns" or "pivot shafts" directly opposite each other. Each of those "horns" inserts into the I.D. of the seesaw bearings and ends up sitting essentially flush with the outside of the bearing(s). So the securing screws engage with the seesaw "horns" immediately as soon as you begin threading them into place. Therefore they only need to be 2 or 3 mm in length because they are not doing any work; merely locking the bearings into the head (which is somewhat silly since they require such force to remove even when the seesaw is not present!)
Ron~FordTech is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #17
ianl9
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Encino, ca
Default

deleted
ianl9 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
Being
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N. Calif.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianl9 View Post
deleted
Aluminum seesaw (BLH1623A) comes with the brass insert, screws, and balls.

Last edited by Being; 12-30-2011 at 05:31 PM..
Being is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
ianl9
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Encino, ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being View Post
Aluminum seesaw (BLH1623A) comes with the brass insert, screws, and balls.
Ya I found them later, that's why I deleted my post. Thx
ianl9 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #20
fanch72
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sweden
Default

Hi

I just had a bad crash today with the same result that you describe... Could you tell me how you succeeded in removing the bearings? they seem to be so tightly fitted!

Thanks for some help!
Francois
fanch72 is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450


Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com