Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

Old 06-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #301
RC Mike
Registered Users

I upgraded to Edge 160. I got mine right after they first came out. So far it’s perfect and I do like all the new features. You will probably find some good deals in the old ICE ESC’s this year.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #302
fastblade
Registered Users

3 160HV! There is something else going on... Check the Mr Mel videos for reasons of blowing up esc's and did you send them back to castle with the connectors still on? Just to rule out cold solder joints. 90% of failures is due to this. My Edge 160HV is great so far... and by all means I don't baby it when I fly......I think companys are going to start using me for a testing grounds I've blown up so many things on my heli's......
fastblade is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #303
SantosDumont
Registered Users

Fastblade, check out the CC Service Advisory on your Edge 160 before it burns up.
SantosDumont is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #304
apper001
Registered Users

wanted to buy one but reading all this i'm not sure at all, for all the arguments pro and con there's no reason why an ESC should burn up.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #305
RC Mike
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by apper001 View Post
wanted to buy one but reading all this i'm not sure at all, for all the arguments pro and con there's no reason why an ESC should burn up.
The problem with some ICE 160 ESCís that caused fires was when the control board became partially unplugged and the power FETís would loose control causing a short circuit. The other problem was defective components from one of their venders. They no longer purchase anything from that vendor.

I have several of the modified ICE ESCís (ICE2) and 3 Edge ESCís and they have all had flawless performance. This has been an excellent flying season with no hardware related crashes of any kind.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #306
nightflyr
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not trying to bad mouth any manufacturer..
BUT.. there is no such thing as a "bullet proof" ESC...
No matter how many claim there is one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjLaT_X3SOk#at=113

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support