Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
WhirlingBladesOfDeath
Registered Users

Default I just did the <Insert Cool Maneuver> Thread

I like reading about how excited people get the first time they accomplish a new maneuver, and also like to share what I'm learning to do too! Not sure if this thread will stick around or not, but post up what exciting new thing you did with your Trex for the first time! Let us know about your first hover, or your first super extreme never done by a human kick ass move! As long as it got your adrenaline going, I want to read about it!

I'll start. Tonight I did my first inverted hover :mrgreen: :mrgreen: OK, granted it was only for about 5 seconds, but I definitely flipped over, stopped the heli inverted, and made a few deliberate corrections before freaking out and pushing out of it. After the maneuver, I felt my legs shaking! It was great!

One thing that kind of surprised me was how authoritative the heli was pushing out of inverted. I've been doing full flips, rolls, and tic tocs, and my collective management isn't so hot, so it bogs down the motor for a slow push from inverted. Being able to hover for a bit inverted allowed the head to spool back up to 100% and it really blasted out. I had to think twice about it, but thankfully I moved the collective the right way and didn't plow dirt. Off to the sim for me to perfect it, I'm totally hooked on it now!
WhirlingBladesOfDeath is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
Big Fil
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice job on the inverted hover! I just did my first flip today. Not the prettiest in the world but it was decent and way better than my first roll which I shot up about 30 ft when I went negative. The flip was slower than I expected so I think i'm going to move the flybar weights in about half way. I can invert my hovers on the sim now i just need to work up the nerve to do the real thing.
Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:52 AM   #3
gagi
Registered Users

I just mixed and matched moves. From loops to ff to 3d to ff to inverted!

COMBO MOVES!

-Gagi
gagi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 AM   #4
rcasey212
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tonight I sent the heli out away from me about 8ft off the ground. Instead of bring it back with the tail in, I turned the nose back towards me and a little to my right and brought it back nose-in, then turned it around again and landed it just in time so I could clean my shorts!
rcasey212 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
rcasey212
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh yah, I also took it up about 50 ft, let it scoot over my head and didn't lose orientation.. just brought it back in front of me. I also did my first piroettes today, getting gutsy enough to do a 720. I've been flying the Trex for 9 days now.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
Jermo
Registered Users

welcome to the club!!!
I recently did my first inverted hovers.. STILL working on that one..it's alot harder to progress than upright.
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:39 AM   #7
rcasey212
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the welcome, but you guys are so friendly it seems like I've been around for years! I can't wait for the weekend!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:50 AM   #8
WhirlingBladesOfDeath
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh yah, I also took it up about 50 ft, let it scoot over my head and didn't lose orientation..
Eeek, I had that happen to me a couple days ago. Thankfully, like you, I was up fairly high so I just did nothing and let the heli do its own thing until it passed over and I could turn around and get re-oriented. :?
WhirlingBladesOfDeath is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
Y@nkee
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So here is one of my rex(taken with a cellphone) climbing inverted, after my until now lowest inverted hover.Was holding it for quite some time at about 3 m while my friend struggeled to get a pic of it
Not easy to see anything on the screen on the cellphone out in the sun, so he had a hard time finding the rex to get a pic of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inverted_rex.jpg (398.4 KB, 273 views)
Old 05-18-2007, 03:12 AM   #10
Rogan
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There's a REALLY odd sense of scale there.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:48 AM   #11
Y@nkee
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan
There's a REALLY odd sense of scale there.
When he finally got a pic of it i think i was back up at about 10 m.
We have a sherman tanks standing right next to our flying field, i will try to get him to get a pic with the sherman as background next time
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #12
Sherpa FE
Registered Users

I went to Norway in 00' for a NATO exercise, had a GREAT time. It was good to get back to the family roots on my Mom's side. My family is from Flom Valley. I do miss eating Lefsa (spelling??) and I can't STAND eating lutafisk.

The only Norwegian I know is "Ufdah" Again not too sure about the spelling.
Josh

T-Rex 450 SE
T-Rex 450 XL HDE
Mulitiple Planks
DX-7 Controlling The Fleet
Waiting patiently for the Twin Rex & JR 12X Radio
Sherpa FE is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #13
Rick Rotorhead
Registered Users

"The only Norwegian I know is "Ufdah""

Not true - theres also Lefsa and lutafisk :mrgreen:
Crash count = 13 for 179. Trex time aloft = 22:42
Rick Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #14
Dvnts
Registered Users

Don't know if this counts, but broke my first frame in half last week.
The perfect excuse for an upgrade
Jazz 40-6-18 esc
Gy 401+Futaba S9257 combo
Dvnts is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #15
Y@nkee
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa FE
I went to Norway in 00' for a NATO exercise, had a GREAT time. It was good to get back to the family roots on my Mom's side. My family is from Flom Valley. I do miss eating Lefsa (spelling??) and I can't STAND eating lutafisk.

Josh
It spells uffda and means something like oops
Lefsa sounds ok to me and i cant STAND lutafisk either.
When u say Flom valley i think u mean a place called Flåm or Flaam written in your language, and thats about 2 hours from where i live
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #16
rdlohr
HF Support

My HF Map location

I did my first inverted piroette this morning...woot ...looked cool as anything.

I also did my first half loop into inverted then a quick half roll to nose in.

Problem is, my legs didn't shake with either. I may be coming down with something...

Rick

Proudly serving the heli community since 2006!
http://rdlohr.com
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #17
Funky
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been practicing massive 3Dz lately
Old 05-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #18
bb16
Registered Users

My HF Map location

4th fay of flying i did a 6 minute hover in some pretty strong winds, did a 900 pirouette and almost died of a heart attack when my T-Rex at 50 feet high shot between some tree branches and it got out mostly by luck. It shot over my head in some wind and i lost orientation.
bb16 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #19
Sherpa FE
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@nkee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa FE

Josh
It spells uffda and means something like oops
Lefsa sounds ok to me and i cant STAND lutafisk either.
When u say Flom valley i think u mean a place called Flåm or Flaam written in your language, and thats about 2 hours from where i live
Thats exactly where. They settled in Minnesota around the WW II time frame.
When I was there we were in Oslo, and had a good time.
Josh

Thats exactly where they were from, they settled in Minnesota I think around the WWII time frame. When I was there I definately remember Oslo. had a great time.

T-Rex 450 SE
T-Rex 450 XL HDE
Mulitiple Planks
DX-7 Controlling The Fleet
Waiting patiently for the Twin Rex & JR 12X Radio
Sherpa FE is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
ImAcracker
Registered Users

The other day I did my first inverted hover. OMG it was exciting. I cant beleive I put the correct stick inputs. I thought I would freak out and go crashing into the ground. It only lasted for about 5 seconds though. Then today I went out again and managed what seems like 10-15 second inverted hover. This time I got the heli about 4-5 feet from the ground and about 10 feet in front of me. It was so awsome. I still have a smile on my face from it. I'm fine at the begining of the hover. I just start to get shaky after a bit though so I have to bail. Im getting there though. I figure after a month or so I should have an inverted hover down. Nose in at least.
ImAcracker is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.