Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 02-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #61
redbird300
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you guys, but I'm sure my flying sucks compared to what some others can do here, like our friend Andrew for example.

Tom, at about 6 minutes in the vid, I was at 1850 RPM. I only flew at 1850 and 1350 in that vid, passing 1600 RPM quickly, because it is the middle of my 3 idle-up curves. (I don't use normal mode anymore.)

It's a rocket at 1850 RPM, you should worry more about slowing it down instead of adding throttle/pitch, lol. Speed comes naturally.

Now about the flighttimes to 80% discharge, when sportsflying at 1350 RPM you're good for 15 minutes, and about 8 minutes at 1850 RPM, with 4500 mAh packs. Will be lower if flying harder, for sure.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #62
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mhhh, that's kind of you to say Raf, but if true how come I was watchinig and feeling jealous, and thinking, 'I am going to have to practice a lot more'? You have a lot of control and it is good to watch. No more 3D for me. Just smooth 8s and all orientations.

Oh, heli looked nice too.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #63
copterboy
Registered Users

Well I've been looking forward to watching this, and it was worth the wait.

She is a thing of beauty my friend I was looking forward to hearing the sound of it, so the wind blowing over the mic annoyed me a little, but other than that she sounds awesome.

Nice smooth flying style as always

As you started this thread, I knew nothing of this heli. Having watched your build thread, I would definately consider one. I didn't like the look of these heli'sat first, but now I would definately tolerate it for the superior engineering that has gone into the design.

Thanks for sharing as always

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #64
pinguin
Registered Users

Raf, isn't the tail blade backwards, or the tail spin clockwise?
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #65
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In his absence it is mentioned earlier in the build thread, but yes it is opposite to most.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:07 AM   #66
redbird300
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Right Andrew. It's on page 3 of this thread, BTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
Assembling some tail parts now. The pics show the parts in the same orientation as they will be mounted on the tailboom, but don't think that the tailblades are mounted the wrong way, it is a clockwise running tail.

BTW, you can also mount the tail at the left side of the heli, where it would become an anti-clokcwise turning tail of course. In fact, you can even assemble the whole heli in such a way that even the main rotor turns anti-clockwise, the manual explains all this. Vario helis for example have also anti-clockwise running main rotors.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #67
pinguin
Registered Users

Oh, ok. I wasn't following this thread from the beginning, I found it when it already reach 60 pages, so I don't read any sentence on this long thread.
Why most cw main blade heli has ccw tail? Not because of the design of the tail drive gear but any effect between the downward thrust from main blade oppose to the tail rotation?
I did make my Gaui 255 spin cw, because of the problem with the belt touching the pinion. It flies well, only sport flying. I don't feel any difference in handling.
This heli is really tempting. I am not sure if I like your building thread or start to hate you.
The quality looks so amazing.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #68
redbird300
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
Oh, ok. I wasn't following this thread from the beginning, I found it when it already reach 60 pages, so I don't read any sentence on this long thread.
Why most cw main blade heli has ccw tail? Not because of the design of the tail drive gear but any effect between the downward thrust from main blade oppose to the tail rotation?
I did make my Gaui 255 spin cw, because of the problem with the belt touching the pinion. It flies well, only sport flying. I don't feel any difference in handling.
This heli is really tempting. I am not sure if I like your building thread or start to hate you.
The quality looks so amazing.
I also wondered if a tailrotor running down in the main blade wash would be just as effective as one thats running upwards. I personally cant feel the difference, but that doesnt mean much. What convinced me is that you never hear any stories about the tail of a TDR being inaccurate or so, and Im pretty sure that Jan Henseleit would have designed it otherwise or would have changed it if there were any issues.

Dont worry about the hate thing, I hate myself also for getting a TDR, it totally resets your standards and my other helis start to become a little dusty.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #69
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here are my initial thoughts on it. When you start doing 3D, which is what these helis are all designed and set up for, usually, then the difference becomes less important. If the tail is more effective with the nearest blade moving up into the main blade down wash, then they are not doing this when inverted. Since the more you do 3D things, the more time you spend the wrong way up, soon getting close to half and half, even if one way was better, it would be pointless to worry about it, as you would lose this advantage one way or another when you switch orientation.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 03-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #70
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Yep, you're right!

It's ok, Pinguin, to hate Raf for having such a beautiful heli. I'd hate him too, but I don't have an addiction, so I'm cool with it.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #71
redbird300
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
It's ok, Pinguin, to hate Raf for having such a beautiful heli. I'd hate him too, but I don't have an addiction, so I'm cool with it.
Indeed Pinguin, Tom is not addicted, but way beyond that. There's a whole comittee trying to find a new English word for it, but they failed until now.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #72
ragge1
Registered Users

Old 03-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #73
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's right, he even got sentenced by the Gran Poobah himself to reprogramming, but the firmware upload failed and Tom's stuck in the "click" mode hovering around "add to the shopping basket" field
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #74
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

You know,,, it's really nice having friends,,,,
Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #75
pinguin
Registered Users

Sure Tom. I can see from your signature, you are not an addict.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #76
pinguin
Registered Users

Ok, one serious question. I don't do any 3D. Not even a flip or roll.
Do you think it's worthy owning a TDR for me? (I'm starting to get contaminated).
Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #77
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well in what sense might it not be? It has striking looks, it is large and stable, it has a better class of mechanics, it will fly around right way up, just as it does inverted, which will be very well, it is fast, powerful, reliable, and I'm sure it will be very rewarding to fly.

Having said all that, it will be expensive to equip in the way that it should be, it will send you into a long fit of despair if and when you crash it, and it might not be so easy to get the parts as it might be for other helis. I haven't checked, but I guess to get enough batteries to have enough flights per day to be satisfied might be a little expensive too, but then again that would go for any large helicopter purchase. And lastly, in order to get the most out of it, 3D aside, I think you would need a nice big field, or probably a club, when safety is thrown into the mix, but again I guess more or less this goes for any large helicopter.

I say if you want one, and can afford it, and don't think you will be afraid to fly it, then get one.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 03-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #78
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pinguin, ref spare parts: I'd just get 2 instead of 1

Otherwise, myself I only do flips and rolls on Phoenix with a modest success rate , in real life I'm happily doing upright circuits , sometimes a slow moving piro comes out right. And I wouldn't mind owning one myself, as Andy said, WTH not?

Well, in my case, maybe I have enough helis???
Naaah, impossible !!!
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #79
copterboy
Registered Users

I think the closest I'll ever get to flying one is on phoenix Has a great presence in the air, rotor disc very visible for close to the ground stuff, which you all know I'm getting really good at I would also argue you can tell it runs smoother after I've been flying the T600N on there for the last few months solid. Would love to have a go of a real one.

I have started to tackle some 3D stuff now, and I would love to own one, but I'll have to win the lotto first to fund a fleet that big

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #80
pinguin
Registered Users

Yeah, I guess I have to forget it. As Sutty said, I need a big field. Right now I don't have one. The field I am flying in is just enough for 500. They aren't to many 500 size heli.
Well, I just stick with small size heli.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP