Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
lukeduff
Registered Users

Default velocity flybar mixing arm question???

has anyone else had issues getting the top mixing arms to achieve the same pitch in positive and negative. I am using the advanced tuning setup and everything is spot on as I have built many helis. But with everything centers perfect and no subtrim I have 0 degrees at center stick but imgetting 11 positive at full stick and 16 negativeat lowstick. how couldthemixing arms have tobe moved this far to correct from what the manual give you. This is driving me crazy.
Kbdd
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
tS8103
Registered Users

I do not use a flybar but this does sound a little off. Can you post a pick of your set up geometry?
Thanks,
Tone
Team Lynx
Old 12-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Geffect
Registered Users

The swash is sitting too low on the main shaft as you have more -ve vs +ve. With you current setup you have 27deg total pitch range, so you need to move the swash up to achieve 13.5 deg +/-..

You will need to lengthen the links between bell cracks and swash base.

Note: this assumes the rest of the head i.e. above the swash is setup corrently, i.e all level at 0deg /mid stick.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
lukeduff
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't see how if everything is set using a digital caliper and centered with the pins during setup it can be off that much. I wouldn't thing my swash would be too low because it already almost maxis out
Against head at full pitch. Everything was built spot on
Kbdd
Old 12-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Foxden
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Double check you didn't install the main shaft in the upper hole in the tail drive gear. it should be in the bottom hole..

Never mind, I was thinking about the 50 main shafts, the 90 should only have one hole at the bottom, or the older shafts had a 2nd hole at 90 degrees that was drilled tighter.

Something is off as we get 14 degrees with no problem. make sure the rods from the bell cranks to the swash are the correct length
Old 12-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Geffect
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeduff View Post
I don't see how if everything is set using a digital caliper and centered with the pins during setup it can be off that much. I wouldn't thing my swash would be too low because it already almost maxis out
Against head at full pitch. Everything was built spot on
Ive never built a heli that ended up with a correct head setup based on the manuals linkage lengths..The link lengths in the manual are only a guide to get you in the ball park.. Different servo's brand can have slight differences in the height that place the center of the servo wheel. Even 1mm makes a big difference.

If you can take pics on the head at mid stick and full -ve/+ve that will help..
Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #7
saeed09
Registered Users

In velocity 90 i think you cant lower the swash at 50/50 stick to solve this. Make sure the arms between the swash and the flybar cage are 90deg perpendicular to the axis of the main shaft. This can be done by alongating the links between the bell crank and the swash. Then adjust the longest link on the head until you get equal - + deg. If you followed up the manual, you will end up with confusion. i use this method but i hope other fellows might have better explanations...
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
lukeduff
Registered Users

Ok with everything spot on and my futaba radio locked to center postion in my swash menu and I have everything tuning wise set to the advanced positions I am getting positive 1 degree and 12 1\2 at full then 13 at low. I have tried everycombination possible with the lengths of the rods to the mixing arms. I cannot get the pitch travel linear and keep it where I can get 0 degrees at center. I get it so close but not perfect, and this is a problem because I end up with cyclic travels that have different end points. I assure that everything is spot on all the way up as I am not a newby to helicopters and am very picky in my setups. I will post pics
Kbdd
Old 01-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
lukeduff
Registered Users

here r pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	278818   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0193.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	278819   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0194.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	278820   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	278821  
Kbdd
Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
saeed09
Registered Users

Ok....At first for me i wouldnt sugest to use the M2 hole on the flybar cage. You might end up with massive binding..that heli is very sensitive in intermidiate as per my experience and my flyng style!

Back to the subject....may be try again without looking the page showing the details of linkage A B & C! That page is confusing if you are not carefull.
You might have done this alot but please see how i would have done it....

1. Set the links as per the manual ( i prefer intermidiate!)
2. lock the flybar rod
3. At mid stick check for zero pitch of EACH blade. If you are getting lets say + 2deg off from zero, screw IN ONLY linkage C and re check for zero deg. If ok...
4. Check for full - & + pitch, if not equal adjust ONLY linkage A to compensate the throw.
I normally do the above procedure and it works easy.. it is also possible to do it vise vesa meaning that, i set first my zero picth by adjusting linkage A and then compensate the equal throw by adjusting linkage C..

Just to remind you, the was main shafts with 4 holes at the bottom..see that u dont have that axial play!

Hope some one can explain this better in other views...
Closed Thread

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum