Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
Cornholio351239
Registered Users

Default Does the Futaba GY-401 gyro work with a JR XP662 TX?

I want to upgrade my gyro in my 3dx-450. I am interested in the Gy-401 but as the AVCS / Normal switching and sensitivity are adjusted using a RX channel will this gyro work with the JR XP662 TX?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Cornholio351239 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Peter
Registered Users

it sure will .. You may find you'll want 1 or 2 points of rudder subtrim to arrest any drift in HH mode after you do the initial setup; only some seem to drift a tad though ..
Peter .... Furion 6 FBL ; E,N and G Whiplash FBL ; 2 Spectra G FBL ; Stratus FBL ;MA Extreme+E Razor+N Razor +Fury 55 FBL;xcell 60+xcell 70: Aeolus KME 60 , TSA 700N ; TSA 600N Pro & Platinum ; All BeastX ; guided by XPS .
Peter is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:05 AM   #3
Coolice
Registered Users

Hey,

Yes it will. use the Gear channel to control the gyro gain & mode select.

To setup the gyro power on in AVCS mode then once set switch into normal rate mode and fly the model, make any out of trim adjustments to the tail pushrod do not use the trims/sub trims.
Then once trimmed, quickly toggle the gain switch a few times ending in heading hold mode to set the new neutral position.
Now fly in heading hold and have fun
Old 05-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Cornholio351239
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Am I right in saying that the gear switch is the same switch as the flight mode switch (normal / stunt). How is the gyro sensitivity changed on the TX? Is there a step by step guide anywhere? :?

Thanks.

Rob.
Cornholio351239 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Pinecone
Registered Users

Yeah, the XP662 (6102 in US) only has two switches on top. the Gear/Flight Mode and the Throttle Cut switch.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.