Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Solved - mCPX and DX6i Binding Issues

Hi Fellow HeliFreaks,

Forgive me if this information has already been covered before.

I purchased a mCPX v2 at my local Sydney hobby store yesterday, I wanted the BNF which they didn't have, so the shop assistant pulled out the DX4 TX from an RTF pack and sold it to me as a BNF. I took it home and tired to bind to my DX6i, the usual way as I did with the mSR and 120SR. After it bound I noticed it was flashing three pulses at a time. All the cyclic movements worked but no throttle. I spent all night on the forums and wasn't getting anywhere.

I decided to change the Throttle adjust settings from 100% to 95% also changed GYRO (0) from 50% to 65%. I then rebound it and I actually got a solid light and throttle worked!! BUT it it still wasn't working correctly, I noticed after apply full throttle and then bringing it back down again the mCPX throttle cut off and wouldn't spool up again, it was also pulsating 3 flashes again, I had to disconnect and reconnect the battery to get it working again, but again same thing over and over.

I was thinking it had to be a defective 3-in-1 controller. I decided to make a support call to Horizon, the guy was really helpful and he told me that the v2 has only been out for about 2 weeks and that they changed the programming a little.

To bind it to a DX6i or any other computerized TX you need to hold the trainer/bind switch and hold the rudder stick to the RIGHT at the same time and then switch on the TX.. I did exactly that and It worked!! Everything was working correctly with the documented DX6i factory settings.

The guy also mentioned that to bind to then no-computerized TX the rudder stick should be held to the LEFT instead, you see Horizon does have a video describing how to bind, but only to a non-computerized TX. Anyway I hope this helps and I wish you all a Happy New Year.
Nicko82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

"To bind it to a DX6i or any other computerized TX you need to hold the trainer/bind switch and hold the rudder stick to the RIGHT at the same time and then switch on the TX.. I did exactly that and It worked!! Everything was working correctly with the documented DX6i factory settings."

I glad it worked for you but.......

That's not what the manual says......

The manual specifically says to press the bind button while powering on the Tx......

After 2 - 3 seconds, release the bind button.......

Only then do you apply full right rudder......and you hold rudder until the blue LED on the 3-1 goes solid.....

This comes directly from the addendum to the V2 manual, as the bind procedure for a V2 has changed from that of the V1.
tjhelipilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhelipilot View Post
"To bind it to a DX6i or any other computerized TX you need to hold the trainer/bind switch and hold the rudder stick to the RIGHT at the same time and then switch on the TX.. I did exactly that and It worked!! Everything was working correctly with the documented DX6i factory settings."

I glad it worked for you but.......

That's not what the manual says......

The manual specifically says to press the bind button while powering on the Tx......

After 2 - 3 seconds, release the bind button.......

Only then do you apply full right rudder......and you hold rudder until the blue LED on the 3-1 goes solid.....

This comes directly from the addendum to the V2 manual, as the bind procedure for a V2 has changed from that of the V1.
I agree with you totally, which is why when I spoke to the Horizon support rep, I specifically asked him "Do I press both at the same time?" he said yes and I did it while on the phone and it worked perfectly, I will try the way the manual describes tonight and see if that works.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Np.....always ask a tech rep.....if he/she has performed the actions that you inquire about...
Old 01-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhelipilot View Post
Np.....always ask a tech rep.....if he/she has performed the actions that you inquire about...
The results are in... so of course the method mentioned in the manual works but it has to be timed correctly, I found that out of 5 tries it didn't work 2 times because I didn't time it correctly. On the up side it actually works perfectly fine doing it the way Horizon instructed me too, so handy to know for other that struggle with the documented bind procedure.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm just about to buy a 6i for my mCP v2, so I really appreciate you posting this,
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee364 View Post
I'm just about to buy a 6i for my mCP v2, so I really appreciate you posting this,
Your welcome SuperBee, Now I know for sure that the documented binding procedure is confusing for others. I walked into the hobby shop 2 days ago, and there stands this guy with his son, and he is arguing with the shop assistant, insisting the mCPX is faulty because the throttle doesn't work. The shop assistant told sorry we have to send it back for repair, so I couldn't help but intervene. I told him that it most likely be a binding issue.

At first he got really defensive, and said "No! binding is fine, see look here, all other movements work OK" I just asked him if I may, can I try, so he handed it over, he also had the DX6i but in mode 1. Anyway did the same thing, I held the trainer/bind together along with holding Right rudder and stood back about 4 feet and powered on the TX and VIOLA! The guy was really appreciative, and the shop assistants seemed embarrassed and took off. So it seems Horizon need to update the documentation if there is a binding alternative, besides they were the ones that instructed me to do it like this in the first place.

Good luck with the DX6i, let me know how you bind it..
Old 01-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko82 View Post
Your welcome SuperBee, Now I know for sure that the documented binding procedure is confusing for others. I walked into the hobby shop 2 days ago, and there stands this guy with his son, and he is arguing with the shop assistant, insisting the mCPX is faulty because the throttle doesn't work. The shop assistant told sorry we have to send it back for repair, so I couldn't help but intervene. I told him that it most likely be a binding issue.

At first he got really defensive, and said "No! binding is fine, see look here, all other movements work OK" I just asked him if I may, can I try, so he handed it over, he also had the DX6i but in mode 1. Anyway did the same thing, I held the trainer/bind together along with holding Right rudder and stood back about 4 feet and powered on the TX and VIOLA! The guy was really appreciative, and the shop assistants seemed embarrassed and took off. So it seems Horizon need to update the documentation if there is a binding alternative, besides they were the ones that instructed me to do it like this in the first place.

Good luck with the DX6i, let me know how you bind it..
Your timing is now "poifect"...
Old 01-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To bind it to a DX6i or any other computerized TX you need to hold the trainer/bind switch and hold the rudder stick to the RIGHT at the same time and then switch on the TX.. I did exactly that and It worked!! Everything was working correctly with the documented DX6i factory settings.

The guy also mentioned that to bind to then no-computerized TX the rudder stick should be held to the LEFT instead, you see Horizon does have a video describing how to bind, but only to a non-computerized TX. Anyway I hope this helps and I wish you all a Happy New Year.
Tried and failed numerous times by doing it as per the instructions (waiting to do the rudder til after the trainer switch was released).

Then tried it per Nicko82's instructions, and it worked perfectly. Just for grins, I re-bound it several times this way, and didn't fail to bind one time.

One thing to note: the LED on the 3-1 board might go from rapid flashing to slow flasing for a few seconds before it goes solid. DON'T LET GO OF THE RUDDER UNTIL AFTER IT GOES SOLID. If you let go while the LED is slow flashing, you'll have to start over.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hi Fellow HeliFreaks,

Forgive me if this information has already been covered before.

I purchased a mCPX v2 at my local Sydney hobby store yesterday, I wanted the BNF which they didn't have, so the shop assistant pulled out the DX4 TX from an RTF pack and sold it to me as a BNF. I took it home and tired to bind to my DX6i, the usual way as I did with the mSR and 120SR. After it bound I noticed it was flashing three pulses at a time. All the cyclic movements worked but no throttle. I spent all night on the forums and wasn't getting anywhere.

I decided to change the Throttle adjust settings from 100% to 95% also changed GYRO (0) from 50% to 65%. I then rebound it and I actually got a solid light and throttle worked!! BUT it it still wasn't working correctly, I noticed after apply full throttle and then bringing it back down again the mCPX throttle cut off and wouldn't spool up again, it was also pulsating 3 flashes again, I had to disconnect and reconnect the battery to get it working again, but again same thing over and over.

I was thinking it had to be a defective 3-in-1 controller. I decided to make a support call to Horizon, the guy was really helpful and he told me that the v2 has only been out for about 2 weeks and that they changed the programming a little.

Thanks! Worked like a charm.
rockybotom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the post...had the same problem and thought the controller is the problem.
after reading this, i'm a happy flier.

i hope this gets posted somewhere important like a sticky.
thanks again N82.
red_colt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad I found this thread. I build a DM8 module for my Futaba 8FG and have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out what I had wired wrong.

Thanks
Cory
clytle374 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

for anyone who has a 6i all you need to do is....

plug heli into battery with TX powered OFF

While holding the Trainer switch to the up position power on the Dx6i and continue holding the trainer button as it will be beeping and the screen will flash BIND. Hold for 5 seconds or so and release. Have never missed a bind, the manual instructions are bogus.
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

my v2 manual says to refer to the transmitter manual, and it says to use the trainer sw only this works for me
kurmet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Doesn't work with the DX7 I've had off and on bind issues non stop and now cant get it bound after trying this technique and every variation of for the past 2 hours.
Rrandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got my DX8 back from service. Service log says "reprogrammed HF unit". Bind problems similar to all of yours are completely gone. Binds at 10cm or 5m distance immediately, every time. Just like my (now sold) DX6. I had a different voodoo dance to get my 2 mcpxs to bind (at least 1m between heli and tx, releasing left/right rudder as soon as the screen goes on ...). Glad this is over now, I would suggest to contact HH, top notch service.

All this binding crap reminded me of an old CD player, where I had to tap the CD sled in a certain way to get it to play. It ended by throwing it out the window
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
Just got my DX8 back from service. Service log says "reprogrammed HF unit". Bind problems similar to all of yours are completely gone. Binds at 10cm or 5m distance immediately, every time. Just like my (now sold) DX6. I had a different voodoo dance to get my 2 mcpxs to bind (at least 1m between heli and tx, releasing left/right rudder as soon as the screen goes on ...). Glad this is over now, I would suggest to contact HH, top notch service.

All this binding crap reminded me of an old CD player, where I had to tap the CD sled in a certain way to get it to play. It ended by throwing it out the window
I called HH and they took care of me, wow great service!!
Rrandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Solved - mCPX and DX6i Binding Issues

My dx6i would not bind doing it that way. Spent the next hour trying to get it bound again.
IamProStreet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by branmuffin View Post
for anyone who has a 6i all you need to do is....

plug heli into battery with TX powered OFF

While holding the Trainer switch to the up position power on the Dx6i and continue holding the trainer button as it will be beeping and the screen will flash BIND. Hold for 5 seconds or so and release. Have never missed a bind, the manual instructions are bogus.
I know this post is 3 years old but I'll be damned I wish this post was at the top of the thread.
=\TICxTOC/= is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been trying to find info on binding the dx6 ver2 with the mcpx ver1.
The mcpx v1 manual does not make any reference to hold throttle left or right during the binding process. I guess that only applies to mcpx ver2?
brooksen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in