Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
moparherb
Registered Users

Default 3GX Governor Setting

I just finished a Trex 550E 3GX V2 build and everything seems O.K., but the weather is preventing me from much flying so I have a question. I'm using a JR9503 radio and I'm NOT using any governor sensor, so do I leave the gear switch ( it controls the governor) on so the light is green or off so the light is red. Or maybe it doesn't matter seeings as I'm not using the governor sensor. Any input is appreciated.
moparherb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
bad007
Registered Users

Many would say it doesn't matter but I accidently entered the GM setup on the 3GX once and it interfered with the ESC, is sounded like the motor was fluttering.
If you power into the TXs initial setup and dissable the GOV channel you wont have to worry about it and it will stay red all the time
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
Bking1340
Registered Users

Will maybe be a good thing to add a disable tic box on the setup menu for governor in ver 1.3
Bking1340 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Reever45
Registered Users

Speaking of the governor, i am just finishing up a 550 3gx and my gov led is green. I have searched the forum trying to find an answer but really didn't. So I am using a 8FG with 6203sb and channel #7 gov is INH in the radio but the gov light on the 3gx is green which from what i can tell is gov=on, so my question is how to i get the light to go off or turn red or does it not make a difference? Was wondering if i need to go into radio and activate gov channel and get it to go red.

Jack
Reever45 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Dirk_Pitt
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reever45 View Post
Speaking of the governor, i am just finishing up a 550 3gx and my gov led is green. I have searched the forum trying to find an answer but really didn't. So I am using a 8FG with 6203sb and channel #7 gov is INH in the radio but the gov light on the 3gx is green which from what i can tell is gov=on, so my question is how to i get the light to go off or turn red or does it not make a difference? Was wondering if i need to go into radio and activate gov channel and get it to go red.

Jack
MDL-->GOV

Do you have it INH in all flight modes (including HOLD)??? I just did the initial setup on a converted 450 v2 to FBL and my GOV light is red. I used a 6106HF rx though, not SBUS,
Dirk_Pitt is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
bad007
Registered Users

Quote:

Jack
Your complete config. or TX setup isn't listed but you might find the gov is actually on gear no5 channel, and rudder gain on aux2.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
Reever45
Registered Users

Using 8FG with SBus and manual says channel 5 gain and 7 Gov and in fact i can switch rudder rate to HH using channel 5 gyro menu. I never enabled the channel 7 gov function in gov menu on 8FG I just notice my gov light is green on 3GX just trying to figure out if it even matters since its on an electric.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
bad007
Registered Users

Quote:
Using 8FG with SBus and manual says channel 5 gain and 7 Gov and in fact i can switch rudder rate to HH using channel 5 gyro menu. I never enabled the channel 7 gov function in gov menu on 8FG I just notice my gov light is green on 3GX just trying to figure out if it even matters since its on an electric.
It didn't matter on mine until I accidently went into gov setup by accident and then the motor sounded like it was fluttering until I dissabled the channel and it turned red
Old 01-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Reever45
Registered Users

I just went into gov menu on radio activated it, and told it was to be controlled by a switch instead of the cond switch lowered value to less than 50% and gov light turned red. I just didn't assign a switch to the gov function so it just stays red all the time. So for whatever reason even though my channel 7 gov in 8FG was INH the value was 50% I guess the 3GX was seeing it anyways making the gov light green. Again it most likely don't matter a lick if the light is green=on or red=off if using it on a electric, but to me if not using it i would think it should be red.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support