Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

Old 01-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
R.spitz
Registered Users

Angry Dx6i reset itself

Went to fly my mcpx today and it was acting super weird so I took a look at radio and everything was reset to factory settings for all model memories. The model names where still there but that's it. Is this a common problem? Looking for a new radio (ya I know I should have bought a bigger radio to begin with). Thinking maybe need to jump the fence and go to futaba this has got me worried.
R.spitz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Slyster
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine did that too when I hadone a few years ago. It just happens on the DX6i.... I hear about it on the forums every month or two.. again tonight. So nothing is wrong with yours. Mine did it one when I first got it but never happened again in 2 years. This doesn't happen on the DX7, DX8 etc
Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
R.spitz
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok thanks for that. Makes me kinda lose faith in this radio, guess I just got to check the radio closer before I fly.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
krefi
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine has done it twice if I recall, but only for the current model, not all models. I make it habit now to copy models to an extra memory slot for back up. Thanks for the reminder...my mcpx isn't currently backed up!
krefi is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
R.spitz
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krefi View Post
Mine has done it twice if I recall, but only for the current model, not all models. I make it habit now to copy models to an extra memory slot for back up. Thanks for the reminder...my mcpx isn't currently backed up!
Mine reset all the memories all my backups everything. Good thing I write everything down.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology