Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
sacko
Registered Users

Default KBDD Lime Green Dampers

Anyone used them in their 700E v2?

Are they a straight swap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sacko is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Noahh
Registered Users

They are a very straight forward swap, just take the black stock ones out and put the green ones in, some users report vibes being they are so stiff.
Noahh is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
sacko
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

At least they are a straight forward swap I suppose.

Not too keen on the vibes mind you :S

Cheers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Noahh
Registered Users

Same here that's why I have stayed with the stockers.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
sacko
Registered Users

Mine suck though :S

Both of us at the field bought the 700E v2, and both have shot dampers after a handful of flights.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Noahh
Registered Users

Sounds like u should give them a try, I will pick up a pair Tuesday and try them out my self
Old 01-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
rcflyerheli
Registered Users

Maybe try a set of Trueblood greens.

Goblin 700, Vbar - Trex 700 V2, Vbar - Trex 700DFC, Vbar - Gaui X7, Vbar - Logo 600SX, Vbar Mini
Trex600EFL Pro, Vbar - Trex 600 ESP, Vbar - Trex 500 ESP, SK 720 - DJI 550, Naza GPS
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
LegndarySaiyan
Registered Users

I have a set of the kbdd lime greens in my nitro and I like them alot. The heli already vibrates so I didn't notice anything new. I have a set waiting to go in my electric to try also but I'm pretty happy with the true bloods I'm currently using.

Spartan RC, Scorpion Motors, Opti-power batteries
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
Ah Clem
Registered Users

Make sure that you apply a thin layer of silicon grease to the KBDD Dampers. This will eliminate the Dampers as a potential source of vibration and will also make them last a great deal longer.

I am running them in a V1 Trex 700E (I don't have a V2 for testing, at them moment). The helicopter ran very smoothly with the stock dampers and there was no change in vibration level with the KBDD's-still very smooth. The only difference was crisper cyclic, IMHO.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
Mystic3D
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Apply a little grease to the stock ones and they will last

Goblin Xera 4530, YGE 160,VBar
Trex 700E, YGE 120HV,, Xera 4035/,8917/ VBar
Diablo, HJive, 4525 Ultimate,VBar
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
sacko
Registered Users

Cheers all.

A UK KBDD sponsored pilot has offered me a set to try

Will give me the chance to see which varient I prefer before i buy a couple of sets.

Excellent support from KBDD.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #12
esmoglo
Registered Users

Trueblood greens are very good no vibs at all with these dampers.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
akamullen
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Trueblood greens are very good no vibs at all with these dampers.
I tried the truebloods, but were a little hard for my liking, when I did some really low HS's the TB's were a bit to hard and gave me a wobble. I love the KBDD's, Very neat progressive design, soft around the center for softer low HS's flying, and hard when you push them doing hard 3D. almost like having two dampers at the same time.
akamullen is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
Glenn Goodlett
Registered Users

Have been using the KBDDlimes for about a week or two in my 700 nitro. I like them, they are definately softer around center than the green truebloods. The truebloods would wobble like hell during the end of an auto and the KBDD's not at all. If you want the hardest, or are worried about a boom strike, go with the truebloods. However the KBDD's fly better in my opinion.

Glenn

Last edited by Glenn Goodlett; 01-22-2012 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: KBDD not KDBB
Glenn Goodlett is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
sacko
Registered Users

I'm hoping they are an improvement over the originals. I was planning on using the Truebloods, until I saw they were$19 over here!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
Anthony440
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm trying to install the lime green dampers in my dfc head with different results. They are making the bearings in the blade grips notchy, but the stock ones do not. I noticed they are thicker and stick out further than oem ... Anyone else have this issue or is it the dfc head?
Anthony440 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
Ah Clem
Registered Users

Anthony440,

You may be the first one to try them in the DFC head.

By the way, sometimes when I install these on a 600, the bearings feel slightly notchy as well. This goes away after a flight or two.

The slight pre-load from the damperd is, by the way, nothing compared to the load imposed on the thrust bearings/blade grips by the centripetal force when the head is turning at flying speed.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #18
Ah Clem
Registered Users

Anthony440,

You may be the first one to try them in the DFC head.

By the way, sometimes when I install these on a 600, the bearings feel slightly notchy as well. This goes away after a flight or two.

Make sure they are lubed and seated properly.

The slight pre-load from the Dampers is, by the way, nothing compared to the load imposed on the thrust bearings/blade grips by the centripetal force when the head is turning at flying speed.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
Anthony440
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Ah Clem, I was hoping you would chime in on this. So you've experienced the notchy grips too then... Hmmm. I'm going to give them a run when my recalled parts for the dfc head come in. Thanks for the help!
Anthony440 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
Chris_M
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony440 View Post
I'm trying to install the lime green dampers in my dfc head with different results. They are making the bearings in the blade grips notchy, but the stock ones do not. I noticed they are thicker and stick out further than oem ... Anyone else have this issue or is it the dfc head?
I actually had the same problem with both the stock and DFC head using the lynx spindle bolts. When I installed the stock spindle bolts the grips moved smooth but with the lynx bolts the thrust bearings were notchy. I found some brass .08 10mm ID spacers instead of the .09 spacers and that solved my problem. I installed 2 of them between the damper and bearing and it just gives enough space to the bearings while keeping everything tight with no slop. I only found these in a bag of 100 so I have lots of extras if you want me to send you some PM me your address and you can give them a try yourself.

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.