Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
kerusso924
Registered Users

Default Cyclic Servo Help?

I could use some help choosing cyclic servos for my B450. Im using a Corona DS-939MG for my tail servo because thats what my LHS guy suggested when the stock tail servo went out. It seems to work great. Do I need to stick with all corona are is there something better I could use for cyclic? Thanks in advance!
kerusso924 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
FuntanaS
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You don't need to use Corona servos on the swash if you don't want. The only requirement is you need to keep the 3 cyclic servos the same.
I use the stock servos on mine which work perfect for me but a lot of people go to Hitec servos.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
buddha2490
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think there is anything wrong with the cyclic servos except they have cheap plastic gears that strip easily. The gears aren't hard to replace, and very cheap, just sort of a PITA.

If you find a good deal on the hitec servos, they are more durable, but I don't think they work any better than the stock cyclics.
buddha2490 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Manzooka
Registered Users

Just purchased several hitec HS65MG's for my cyclics and a 5084 for my tail. There are some clear pluses and minuses here but there's a lot of info on these servos serving in this capacity on the 450 3d.
Manzooka is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
jdFin
Registered Users

Full concurrance. I have HS65MGs on my heli, but they don't "perform" any better, they just make it so I don't have to think about servos when I hit the ground other-than-planned.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help