Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
kleaners
Registered Users

Default New 450XL questions

I just got a prebuilt 450xl and have some questions about electronics and battery placement. I have included a picture to show where the esc is and what limited forward tray I have. Where should the esc be mounted and in what orientation. I am using a dx7 so I don't know if interference is such an issue. Also, where should the battery go and how should it be affixed during flight? Any other suggestions (other than checking every screw and fastener)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0069.jpg (300.3 KB, 65 views)
kleaners is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
wcc963
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you could leave the ESC ther and put the battery up front on the tray, YES it is short but put velcro down on it and on the battery, then use 1 or 2 of the velcro straps from align to secure it even better. the canopy will stop the battery from moving too far down and putting stress on the front mounting plate.
wcc963 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
slowthumbs
Registered Users

XL for me as well. My ESC is on the opposite side. All servo wires run down the side that your ESC is on to the reciever which is in the rear frame under the boom mount.

My gyro is directly under the boom mount and my Eagletree is on the side your ESC is on when I fly with it. ESC, receiver and Eagletree are all mounted with velcro. Also have velcro on the battery shelf and the batteries. With a metal head and tail, the battery is all the way forward, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch left on the mount. As mentioned above secured with a velcro strap. The canopy also helps secure the battery as mentioned above.

Your's is looking good, just keep the servo and antennae wires away from the power components and wiring.
slowthumbs is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.