Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System


Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
lklansingkiter@me.com
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Haslett MI
Default How to use 3gx parameter Software? Help!

I setup my 450 and have flown it 10 times on v1.1 software I think under the normal setting. Now I have updated to v1.2 and am trying to figure out how this software works.

1) On the model selection page you can choose Expert Normal or Beginner what is the purpose of the Read and Write button. I know one says Writing parameters and the other says "write parameters" but what does that mean? When I hit write I don't see any changes in the Setting display page when I go from E to B? When it says read are you reading the parameters of the Expert or Beginner Settings that you may use or are you reading the parameters that are actually set up on your helicopter. If you hit Write are you
writing the parameters for the (B,N,E) into the actual helicopter settings or is it asking you to write your own parameters?

2)What the heck is the Flight Condition Control at the bottom of the Model Selection display
page?

3) What is the relationship between the parameters that you can set on the Movement display page and the Model that you have selected (E,N.B)

4) Why is it that I have my rudder servo set to digital on the 3gx unit during setup but on the setting display it says AS.

5) How do you use the Custom button on the Model Selection page

I feel like an idiot everyone seems to understand this software fluently and there is no
basic instruction on how to use it and how it interacts for someone new to it like me. It confuses the heck out of me.
lklansingkiter@me.com is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
jcflyer
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,259
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, La.
Default

I will try to help you, first the read and write buttons are how you imput the parameters into the 3GX on your heli; and reading is when you are looking at the settings setup in your 3GX IF YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE 3GX UNIT AND THE COMPUTER!!!!
You can choose E,N,or B it make only a little difference, check one of them then click read and look at the top of the page and the Orange highlighted area is what screen is currently active for you to see. The first one is all the settings for Aileron, the second one is settings for Elevator, the third for Rudder, and the fourth for Other parameters and so on. Get that far and then we can go from there.
__________________
Helicopters Don't Fly - They Beat The Air Into Submission
Logo 500SE
BlackShark lll - Minicopter Diabolo
Banshee # 45
jcflyer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
bad007
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Brighton, PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter@me.com View Post
I setup my 450 and have flown it 10 times on v1.1 software I think under the normal setting. Now I have updated to v1.2 and am trying to figure out how this software works.

1) On the model selection page you can choose Expert Normal or Beginner what is the purpose of the Read and Write button. I know one says Writing parameters and the other says "write parameters" but what does that mean? When I hit write I don't see any changes in the Setting display page when I go from E to B? When it says read are you reading the parameters of the Expert or Beginner Settings that you may use or are you reading the parameters that are actually set up on your helicopter. If you hit Write are you
writing the parameters for the (B,N,E) into the actual helicopter settings or is it asking you to write your own parameters?

2)What the heck is the Flight Condition Control at the bottom of the Model Selection display
page?

3) What is the relationship between the parameters that you can set on the Movement display page and the Model that you have selected (E,N.B)

4) Why is it that I have my rudder servo set to digital on the 3gx unit during setup but on the setting display it says AS.

5) How do you use the Custom button on the Model Selection page

I feel like an idiot everyone seems to understand this software fluently and there is no
basic instruction on how to use it and how it interacts for someone new to it like me. It confuses the heck out of me.
1- If you hold your mous over anything a discription pops up describing what it does.
Write and read, Write loads the current settings in the GUI to the 3GX and read loads the 3GX current settings to the GUI so you can see the current settings.
2-Just leave it default 60. Like I said hold the mouse over it an dread.
3- E-N-B , the difference basically is the flip and roll rates, faster tail resonce, 0 expo for E and high expo for B, and for the smaller helis the bell and hiller rates are different.
and bell and hiller differwent.
4- The servo type is something you select during tail gyro setup, green led. Did you click on read?
5- After you pick you model click on custom and 4 more orange tabs apear.
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
jcflyer
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,259
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, La.
Default

Hey B,
Thanks for the better explanation I was just trying to help him out with my limited knowledge.
__________________
Helicopters Don't Fly - They Beat The Air Into Submission
Logo 500SE
BlackShark lll - Minicopter Diabolo
Banshee # 45
jcflyer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
lklansingkiter@me.com
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Haslett MI
Default 3gx

Thanks Guys
This is starting to make sense. I see now that "read" means what you actually have loaded in helicopter. The "Write" means to write whichever box you have selected (E,N,B) to your helicopter. The question is do you need to be in DIR mode to write to the helicopter?
It is interesting that you have to do it in the right sequence I have found. If you click on what you want (E,N,B) then click "write" the click "read" it works. If you click what you want(E,N,B) then click read look at the parameters then go back and click" write" it messes it all up and doesn't enter the parameters until you do it in the right sequence. I guess like you said read loads the current settings in the 3gx to the GUI. What does GUI stand for?

If I upgrade my software or change from (B) to (E) do I have to run the whole DIR setup again?

Thanks
Larry
lklansingkiter@me.com is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
lklansingkiter@me.com
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Haslett MI
Default 3gx

Ok now back to the "Custom" button. If I click on custom the same 4 Parameter boxes show up in Orange. What are the next steps to enter Custom parameters? Also outside of picking another Model Selection what parameters can I change outside of this. I know I can change the elevator and aileron gains on the box but what else can I change in the software and why outside of Model Selection?

Thanks

Larry
lklansingkiter@me.com is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
bad007
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Brighton, PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter@me.com View Post
Ok now back to the "Custom" button. If I click on custom the same 4 Parameter boxes show up in Orange. What are the next steps to enter Custom parameters? Also outside of picking another Model Selection what parameters can I change outside of this. I know I can change the elevator and aileron gains on the box but what else can I change in the software and why outside of Model Selection?

Thanks

Larry
For now other than changing the exp to 0 for aile and elev and so you can use expo in the TX nothing. Unless flight performance reveals something you want to tweek.
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
lklansingkiter@me.com
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Haslett MI
Default 3gx

I flew my helicopter today with the v1.2 and it seems much improved. I practice hovering in a cold Pole Barn and when my fingers get cold the hover starts to deteriorate but I am very happy with the way it is flying. I do have another question. During initial RPM increase on the ground the helicopter tries to roll usually. Sometimes I notice this and sometimes I don't. On my last flight it tried to roll violently and seemed unstable but I continued to add power and it rolled one way then the other and hit the blade before it got off the ground. Why does the 3gx do this sometimes? I need to replace the blades now and some ball links but overall not much damage. Do you know if I can use any 325mm blade for this or does the 3gx require a special blade?
lklansingkiter@me.com is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
bad007
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Brighton, PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter@me.com View Post
I flew my helicopter today with the v1.2 and it seems much improved. I practice hovering in a cold Pole Barn and when my fingers get cold the hover starts to deteriorate but I am very happy with the way it is flying. I do have another question. During initial RPM increase on the ground the helicopter tries to roll usually. Sometimes I notice this and sometimes I don't. On my last flight it tried to roll violently and seemed unstable but I continued to add power and it rolled one way then the other and hit the blade before it got off the ground. Why does the 3gx do this sometimes? I need to replace the blades now and some ball links but overall not much damage. Do you know if I can use any 325mm blade for this or does the 3gx require a special blade?
You don't compensate during lift. If it tilts on spool up either something is wrong with setup or the head speed isn't hight enough when it gets light on the skids.
For TC you should have 0 60 ( 80-85 ) for mid stick and -2 bottom with PC like 0 40 45 50 75 100. Spool up just below mid stick so there is still a slight bit of neg pitch and pop it up fast, not slow, ground resonance will cause it to tip and don't correct on the ground.
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
bad007
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Brighton, PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter@me.com View Post
Do you know if I can use any 325mm blade for this or does the 3gx require a special blade?
Opps mised this. With FBL it's better to use blades designed for FBL. If you hang standard blades they tilt towards the leading edge and FBL hang straight and the COG is different. Also cheaper standard blades usually aren't ballanced all the good and vibes + FBL don't play nice with each other. I love my Mavrikks.
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
lklansingkiter@me.com
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Haslett MI
Default 3gx

Sounds like my problem I need to pop it off fast.
lklansingkiter@me.com is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
bad007
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Brighton, PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter@me.com View Post
Sounds like my problem I need to pop it off fast.
Probably, if you spool up like I mention with a tiny bit of neg. pitch and it still tries to tilt during spool up something is wrong
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System


Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com