Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Scorpion ESC and Motor Support

Scorpion ESC and Motor Support Scorpion Power Systems ESC and Motor Factory Support Forum

Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
SynergyAero
Registered Users

Default Commander V 50v 130a SBEC availability?

Seems this ESC is sold out everywhere! Does anyone know when they might be available again?

Thanks,
Cris
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
Georges van Gansen
Owner Scorpion Motors

will be back in stock in April
Georges van Gansen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Carapau
Registered Users

Okay, Midlands are UK based but they ship internationally if you are in a hurry. They are an excellent shop with great service.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
gadawg58
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Just Curious about stock levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georges van Gansen View Post
will be back in stock in April
I'm really curious about this ... In the business I'm in I couldn't conceive of being out of stock of a hot product for weeks or months at a time but in the hobby industry this seems a fairly common practice amongst all vendors at multiple times during the year. What's driving this? Are these products not in production year around? Isn't the cost of lost sales higher than the cost of producing enough to meet demand? I'm simply amazed at how many times a year we can't order product ... Would love to hear Georges feedback about his point of view. Some current examples are ,...

Many brands 3300 6s packs
HV Scorpion Speed controller
Most of the 6S Scorpion speed controllers
4525LE ... got it as its limited edition
RAIL Blades
Avant Heli's ... have they ever had decent stock?
Radix blades and pipes ... when they change models they go months with no stock of certain items

The list could go on but I'm really just wondering what drives this? Is it because our hobby is such low volume over all that vendors have to schedule production runs and once the run is done it is going to be the next scheduled run(months away) to get any more of that particular product? I can see how that would be difficult to predict.

And please ... not complaining guys, just looking for some enlightenment from a super high quality vendor.

Thanks!

XXtreme 800, e Whiplash, TREX 700e V2, TREX 600 Nitro LE, TREX 600 e Pro, TREX 500, TREX 450 Pro, Raptor 90 SE, Raptor 50 V2 ... Some with duplicates
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gadawg58 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
MrMel
V-BAR Guru

Maintain high quality on the components there is hard to get them.
I'm sure Georges would give his right arm to have unlimited stock, but that's not possible, unless of course you lower the quality, but that is not a good idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MrMel is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Costas
Registered Users

All it takes is for one component to be in short supply and that will hold up production.
Costas is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
Georges van Gansen
Owner Scorpion Motors

Mosfet's that we use on our ESC now has an 7 months delivery time, and it's not really possible to say how much we will sell in the next 6 or 7 month, so planing is really hard.

the LE motor need some really good and strong fingers to wind them, we can only make maximum 2 pcs a day, so that's the limit. and the special stator steel is really hard to get,
you can't just say i want to buy it and get it, it depend on the company that makes them,
compared to NASA and Toyota, Scorpion is really nobody! and we can only buy the left overs.

don't know about the other products, but above is our problem of supply.
Georges van Gansen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
SynergyAero
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapau View Post
Okay, Midlands are UK based but they ship internationally if you are in a hurry. They are an excellent shop with great service.
Thanks alot, Carapau. The folks at Midland were very helpful. They had this ESC in stock, and shipped it right away. It's in transit, and I should see it within a week! Now I have everything I need to build my Goblin once it arrives

Cris
Old 02-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
vr360

If someone wants one of these ESC's, PM me I will send you a link to a us based shop that has one.
vr360 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
SynergyAero
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

D'oh! I just received my Scorpion ESC in the mail from UPS. I opened it up, excited, because it's the last piece I need for my Goblin, which will be here Monday! But I was disappointed to see it had no BEC connectors, and no tach output for my VBar!

Turns out I paid for and got invoiced for the new CommanderV 50V 130A w SBEC, but they somehow shipped me the older non-BEC model

So, now I'm waiting to see if Midland will replace it with the one I ordered, or offer a refund if they don't have any more of the Commander V in stock.

Crossing my fingers!

Cris
Old 03-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #11
Carapau
Registered Users

Im sure Midland will look after you, their service is excellent. However, they are not showing any stock of the SBEC versions and given the fact that Scorpion have run out themselves, you may still be waiting a while. Sorry to hear about what's happened, it's sooo disappointing when you have been waiting with excitement for something and then it turns up wrong.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
ArguZ
Registered Users

I got mine from Midland today...all good
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Scorpion ESC and Motor Support

Scorpion ESC and Motor Support Scorpion Power Systems ESC and Motor Factory Support Forum