START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default In the market for a new radio system.....

As the title states Im looking to change radio systems. Sell me on the airtronics. The good the bad and the ugly.
I guess I should include what Im flying. Everything from an MCPx to a Compass 7HV.
And Im coming from a DX8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
TMoore
Registered Users

Ask Tony Whiteside. He's flying one. Tony went from having to spray tail belts every flight to off the hook flying even lower and scarier than he's ever done it and no more spraying tail belts. The radio is fast, it has Safety link, will fly just about anything with or without an engine and has the capability of 10 channels that update twice on every frame which gives it the worlds fastest reponse.

What's not to love?

TM
TMoore is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
dankcincy
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

As a matter of fact I was holding Tonys radio this past weekend and he was going over the features with me. Between him and Caleb White Im pretty convinced what my next radio is going to be. Those two will for sure get the word out for you. I attend ALOT of events with both of them and their flying is amazing. They both talk about how fast and flawless this radio has been.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
JustPlaneChris
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm loving mine! I went from a JR X9303 and don't regret it one bit. To add to what has already been said, The sticks are devine, and the programming is incredibly flexible. I appreciate that because I fly helis, planes and gliders.

The only thing I would change on the radio is the position of the momentary switch on the top left, since it's where I'm used to having my flight mode switch. Actually, that could be changed... I'm just too lazy.

Oh, and about the mCP X. I have one too... and have a cheap-azz DX6i to fly it with.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
Mr.HillBilly
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the 1st version so I have had mine for a good bit of time now and never had any problems at all.

I picked up my SD-10G because I was tired of waiting for the Futaba 10 to come out, and I am glad I did. You can change any switch to what ever you want, if you want to use stick stops or something like or if your centers get out of calibration you can recalibrate everything in a matter of a few secs. Every switch is 3 position, as for the spring switch position after I got used to it I like my idle up switch where it is. Every person that has ever picked up my TX seemed to like it, Tony was messing with mine at a Columbus FF and asked me a couple of questions about mine and now I do not figure he will ever turn back.

The only things I could ask for is something like the Electronic Swash Ring on the Futaba and a timer that you can assign to a mix function. Both of those could be fixed with a software update.

Give it a try it is a great radio.
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So guess who ordered a 10G today......Yup, This guy.
I cant wait to start getting this thing set up and flying. Thanks again Terry.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
rtnaviman
Registered Users

You will enjoy it
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
Mr.HillBilly
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wait till you see the size of the manual it comes with. That sucker is huge.

Cycle the TX battery a few times before you use it in the field it took mine 3 or 4 times before it started working to full capacity, or just feed it a 2S LiPo like Tony does.
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HillBilly View Post
or just feed it a 2S LiPo like Tony does.
Thats the plan.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #10
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I recieved my radio the other day and have been playing with the programming. I had a couple of issues but thats to be expected with new equipment. Overall I would have to say that I really pleased with it so far. Ill be flying it tomorrow so Ill know then how it feels in the air but going off of what Im seeing on the bench and in the sim Im thinking that its going to very enjoyable.
I just reread this and need to clarify. By issues I mean diffrences. Nothing bad, just a few things that I had to learn about the radio.

Last edited by dankcincy; 03-18-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Old 03-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Caleb White
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sweet Dan! Fly with it yet? On the sim? You plugging it into your sim... which one? I've got the correct adapter and G6, and right this sec trying to figure out how to set it up.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ten flights in with my 500 and have to say that I really like this radio.
To say that Im a little gun shy about radios is a bit of an understatment which is why Im testing on my 500 first. Ill get another 20 or so flights on it through the week and then fly the 7hv with it this weekend once Im more comfortable with it.

Programming was a breeze once My buddy Jason helped me realize why I wasnt seeing my normal mode.

Yes Caleb, Im running it on the sim. I first tried a ready made adapter cable that I had but it didnt work, I think its for Futaba or something. I did a little searching and found a thread that shows how to make one so I took an old s-video cable that I had kicking around and the female 3.5mm jack off of another cable adapter to make one.
I have the other end of the s-video cable if you want it. Ill be heading through columbus thurs.

I set the radio to ppm8 modulation and presto, I was flying on the sim. Im running phoenix by the way. An issue that I had though was that I hadnt calibrated the sim properly so I was having throttle problems on the sim.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
Cullen Colapietro
Registered Users

Tired of mystery issues w/ my 450 and DX8 combo. I may be jumping on board. There seems to be a scratch and dent model on Amain for $450 w/ 2 10ch rxs. Is this a good deal?

Nice flying with you guys this weekend BTW. Caleb, your flying scared my pants off friend!
Cullen Colapietro is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
TMoore
Registered Users

Yes it is.
TMoore is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
Cullen Colapietro
Registered Users

I just joined the club. I got a scratch and dent model and 10% off @ amain. I also picked up a 3 pack of -3 6ch rxs. One for ach of my machines. Can't wait to give this system a try. My friends seem to really enjoy it.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Youre going to LOVE it!!!

Old 05-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #17
Cullen Colapietro
Registered Users

What Lipo?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Im running a Chrome 2s 3600 RX pack in mine. I do think that Hobby People does carry one for it though.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support