Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

Old 03-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
yeahmag
Registered Users

I just got my replacement solid shaft and I have fairly pronounced TBE. My suspicion is that the holes aren't drilled perfectly again. The vertical slop I had is gone and the hole size is better, but I can't keep the heli in one spot. Certainly not like this:

I have a brand new, factory stock main shaft I plan on installing tonight to see if it changes anything...
yeahmag is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
crashjack
Registered Users

Yeamag, that looks like it is flying very good to me. I see no TBE, only a little movement, which you're always going to have. A 120 SR isn't going to hover like a coaxial. Even perfectly trimmed, it is going to vary its position in a hover.
crashjack is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #23
08silverado
Registered Users

crashjack, he means that it doesn't fly like the heli in the video. As in, the video is an example of a good hover, and his heli doesn't hover that well.

Last edited by 08silverado; 03-02-2012 at 02:38 PM..
08silverado is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
crashjack
Registered Users

Oops, I jumped to the video too quickly without reading thoroughly. My apologies.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
yeahmag
Registered Users

I just replaced the solid shaft with a new stock shaft and it flys like the video above. Perfect. Something still isn't right with my replacement solid shaft. I've contacted the seller and will let you know what I hear back.

I was so confident I tried some forward flight today and the wind was just too much. Not that I'm really good enough yet, but damn... That's hard!
yeahmag is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #26
crashjack
Registered Users

Update:

After the 2nd solid CF shaft was off (bottom hole was too high), I contacted the seller again and stated that I was willing to try one more time, but if the 3rd shaft wasn't correct, I wanted a refund to which seller was agreeable. I also asked him to compare his solid CF shafts to the stock shaft, which would enable him to see where he was off. He apologized and said he would go back and go over everything diligently before making and sending me a new shaft.

I received the 3rd shaft and have now installed with no problems (holes were drilled straight, and the bottom hole was in the correct spot). The heli hovers quite well and quite smooth. I haven't been able to really "fly", but it hovers well so all should be good. It appears the 3rd time was a charm. I also want to say that though there were some problems with the first and second shafts, the seller always turned-around the replacements very quickly and was always willing to refund my money. He proved to me that he is serious about wanting to make these shafts right, and that he is willing to back-up everything he does.

In the end, I recommend the shaft. I think the bugs have been worked out, and I like the idea of using a solid CF shaft. I do have 2 recommendations for anyone buying:
1) Stand the solid CF shaft next to the stock shaft to make sure the holes match.
2) Seat a screw in each of the holes (obviously the bottom hole, which holds the main gear, requires a little larger screw). If you know that you can seat a screw in each hole, you know everything will go back together, and if it doesn't, it is not the fault of the solid CF shaft.

Though continuity from shaft to shaft might be in question, the seller’s willingness to make things right is not in question. My hope is that from now on the shafts will be drilled correctly. The good thing is, if you have a problem, you can always get your money back.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #27
airshot
Registered Users

Nice to know we have a responsible sellar making parts for our little heli's.

Airshot
airshot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #28
jamesandyori
Registered Users

I guess the seller is still trying to get rid of old stock!

The shaft I received is solid and that's the only good thing.

Darn it!

James

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The top hole is crooked!

It's lower down the shaft on one side to the other.

Damn!
jamesandyori is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
Dodge DeBoulet
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It's really a shame for both him and his customers. The guy ate the postage for the replacement he sent me, then refunded me the cost of the shaft and the postage on my original purchase when the replacement didn't work out.

I don't see how he can be making any money at this.
Dodge DeBoulet is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #30
jamesandyori
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
It's really a shame for both him and his customers. The guy ate the postage for the replacement he sent me, then refunded me the cost of the shaft and the postage on my original purchase when the replacement didn't work out.

I don't see how he can be making any money at this.

I would pay for the postage.

Well I sent him a message, lets see if he continues to be as helpful.

James

By the by, here is my seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330599659388...84.m1423.l2649
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #31
crashjack
Registered Users

That is the same guy. I don't know how much off the shaft can be and still produce good results. I have a strong feeling that the stock shafts aren't all perfect, either. My first stock shaft had bends, which resulted in a good bit of difficulty removing the anti rotation collar and the lower collar/spacer. I even had a heck of a time pulling the shaft through the frame. I also noticed that on my new stock shaft, the lower hole wasn't centered. I don't know that it matters, but it definitely wasn't centered.

Last edited by crashjack; 03-18-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #32
jamesandyori
Registered Users

Cool!

Dear jamesandyori,

Hi, I am very sorry about the defective shaft. I do make them myself and therefore take full responsibility for its quality. I will mail a replacement to you tomorrow and make sure to look carefully that everything is straight and even.
Thank you very much for understanding.

- rowenajo

Beside me, I guess there is still some good sellers out there!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #33
Dodge DeBoulet
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandyori View Post
Cool!

Dear jamesandyori,

Hi, I am very sorry about the defective shaft. I do make them myself and therefore take full responsibility for its quality. I will mail a replacement to you tomorrow and make sure to look carefully that everything is straight and even.
Thank you very much for understanding.

- rowenajo

Beside me, I guess there is still some good sellers out there!

My 2nd shaft looked straight, but the tolerances for proper operation are very tight and the performance I saw was unacceptable.

I don't think someone can pull something like this off unless he has some pretty sophisticated equipment.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #34
Dodge DeBoulet
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashjack View Post
That is the same guy. I don't know how much off the shaft can be and still produce good results. I have a strong feeling that the stock shafts aren't all perfect, either. My first stock shaft had bends, which resulted in a good bit of difficulty removing the anti rotation collar and the lower collar/spacer. I even had a heck of a time pulling the shaft through the frame. I also noticed that on my new stock shaft, the lower hole wasn't centered. I don't know that it matters, but it definitely wasn't centered.
Only two holes on the shaft have to be in perfect alingment: the one for the rotor head and the one for the anti-rotation collar. If they're not absolutely parallel with each other and centered through the shaft, they'll cause binding of the linkages and the flybar.

The remaining holes are for the main gear and the retention collar. Their alignment is important only for balance reasons, and a little slop there won't make a huge difference.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #35
crashjack
Registered Users

The two holes that have to be the proper distance apart are the bottom hole (main gear) and the 3rd hole-- the next hole up (lower spacer collar). If not, you either won't be able to install the gear and collar at all or you will bind the whole shaft.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #36
jamesandyori
Registered Users

My second one is in the mail!

James
Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #37
jamesandyori
Registered Users

2nd one came and I can't install it. The "solid" shaft cracked down the middle when the hub screw was screwed in. The holes are off center again.

I'm starting to really doubt this sellers abilities.

James
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #38
Chris.S.
Registered Users

That's really dissapointing to hear, I had very high hopes for the solid CF shaft...

Have you been in touch with the seller after this last one? I assume you'll be asking for a refund?
Chris.S. is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #39
jamesandyori
Registered Users

I'm leaving it in his hands to decide. I sent a message explaining the problems and ended it with "please advise".

I also sell on eBay so I don't want to be the kind of buyer who demands this and that or who threatens a negative feedback and such. From what I'm hearing about this seller is he will do right with the buyer and he does eventually produce a good one. So let's see what he says.

James
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #40
jamesandyori
Registered Users

I just talked to the seller and 1 more is on the way.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help