Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

Old 02-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
Busher
Registered Users

Default tarot flybarless heads.

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me out here. I own a tarot zyx unit and it is on my trex 450 v2 i am very pleased with it and I am looking to covert my old trex 500 with the tarot zyx, but in trawling around I have come across this package as a deal.
It looks great but I have heard some bad press on the quality of the heads, this I think is limited to the 250 size head where it needs a bit of fettling to get the bearing fit correct etc. Has anybody got any info on this size of head or indeed are you flying one. If so is it a good replacement head? and can you use an align shaft in the head if so which one.
Any info would be great

Thanks

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-zyx-3-a...d-p-61851.html
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
nute53
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me out here. I own a tarot zyx unit and it is on my trex 450 v2 i am very pleased with it and I am looking to covert my old trex 500 with the tarot zyx, but in trawling around I have come across this package as a deal.
It looks great but I have heard some bad press on the quality of the heads, this I think is limited to the 250 size head where it needs a bit of fettling to get the bearing fit correct etc. Has anybody got any info on this size of head or indeed are you flying one. If so is it a good replacement head? and can you use an align shaft in the head if so which one.
Any info would be great

Thanks

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-zyx-3-a...d-p-61851.html
I don't own a 500 size machine,but do have (4) of the ZYX gyro units & Tarot fbl heads on 450 Pro's & they are very nice. I have many flights on them & have had zero issues with the heads & they fit the Align 450 Pro mainshaft perfect.
I would expect the 500 series would be similiar.I have also seen the 250 head threads where the bearings need to be cemented in. The 450 head doesn't have that problem & bearings fit great. The threaded link turnbuckle has different threads on each end-one plastic link goes on clockwise,other end is opposite.
nute53 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Mikej
Registered Users

Busher,

I have a 450 Pro and a 450 SE V2 with Tarot heads and a Clone 250 with a Tarot head - very happy with all of them. Glueign the bearings in the 250 really is not a problem at all, 2 minutes work and not essential anyway as centrifugal force will sort them out if you don't.

Cheers,
Mike.
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
ragge1
Registered Users

the tarot head is very nice and flys great but its soft material bur for the $ is ok
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Busher
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I pressed the buttons and I am just waiting for the shipment now, I will look into the 250 head as well, if all it needs is a bit of green loctite I will get one and stop worrying about it.
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X