Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects

Old 03-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
sockrim
Registered Users

Default Trex600 in a 90 size Jet Ranger

Hey All,
I am looking at starting my first scale project. I have a Trex600E that has been stretched to 690 Blade and the 700 tail boom. Will run 10s on a Scorpion 4035-500kv motor.
I would love to put it into a Bell Jet Ranger fuselage, and my question is which brand do you recommend and where in Europe I would be able to purchase one.
I am looking for a completely painted one, as I don't have the facilities to paint my own.
I like the look of the Funkey fuselage, but every site (Scaleflying.de) I am looking on has none in stock?
I definitely want to go 700 size on the fuse as my heli is all set up with the stretch and would hate to pull it apart.
Also what sort of headspeed should I be aiming for? I am running the align 3g head and stabilizer- but I may upgrade this to the Beast X as I have it in another heli and prefer that much more.
And how big can I go on the battery packs? Is 5000mah enough for a 10-12min flight?
Look forward to your replies.
sockrim is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
MotorRotor
Registered Users

Looks like the red one and the yellow one are in stock here:

http://www.heli-world.com/searchresu...categoryid=530
MotorRotor is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
Andy01
Registered Users

I have an old Vario Long Ranger which I have a old(er) Heim mechanics and two home made 710mm weighted wooden semi-symmetrical blades (made using wooden blanks). It weighs 8.5kg (19lbs).

I run 12s with two 5000mAh 6s 25C lipos and a Xera 4030-470kV motor, and I run 1350rpm, and get two 6 minute flights and put back just under 4000mAh with mainly hovering and closer to 3500mAh flying gentle scale circuits. I would guess you might get two 5 minute flights on a 10s 5000mAh, but it depends a lot on the headspeed and to a lessor degree the weight.

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
sockrim
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Head dampers

Thanks for the info Andy, could anyone out there answer what dampers are best suited for a headspeed between 1200 and 1500? My 3G unit hates me at the moment as I'm running 1400 and still have a wobble. Pretty sure it's not a vibration. I have the standard grey ones but are there another experiences out there?
sockrim is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 AM   #5
Andy01
Registered Users

No clue. My Long Ranger has a Vario head with fairly hard black rubber o-rings as the only form of damping, and my 4 blade 600 has a rigid head. Both run Skookum SK720s.

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote

Tags
funkey, fuselage, jet ranger

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects