Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Taddeo
Registered Users

Default Newbie from Michigan

Hello all!

I am obviously new to the site. I am a Test Engineer for an automotive supplier. I have had an on-again / off-again love affair with R/C for a while. Mostly cars, although my dad has been an R/C plane flier for years. I have always loved helo's (probably going back to my aero days in college), but never really got into the R/C side.

I finally got the bug and decided to try out something simple. I picked up a Syma S107G two weeks ago, figuring it would be a good way to dip a toe in without spending much cash. Loved it. So did my kids (even my wife got a kick out of it), which led to the purchase of a second one, due to the charge times. Well, the little three channel Syma's set the hook, and I now want to move on. I have been spending most of my free time researching and I think I have my initial plan.

I am going to order the Blade mCX2 as my first four channel. My plan is to get it in RTF format. As I progress with learning the four channel flight controls, I plan to pick up the Blade 120 SR BNF and maybe the mQX Quadrotor. My path has brought me here to learn more and have a good enviroment to ask questions and get advice.

Cheers!

Todd
Taddeo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
freestyledork
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome neighbor..

I live in shelby if you ever need a hand. Don't claim to know it all but will do my best to help.
freestyledork is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Tugboat55
Registered Users

Hi you will be aright with the 120 I have about 40 hours on the sim I can fly pretty good--have a good time keep the rotors up
Tugboat55 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.