START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Old 03-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
hitmiss
Registered Users

Default Walkera V400 DO2

My son is looking at buying one of these. What is the difference in the radios? One has devo 7 and other 6 channel I believe. 50 dollar difference in the two. Thanks for everyones advice in advance. Kevin
hitmiss is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
bstanley72
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe the difference is the Devo is a computerized, fully programmable radio. The other isn't. It makes a HUGE difference. You'll want the computerized radio.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Blayd
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No.. the Devo is the newest radio... the older radio it comes with is the 2603, OR the 2801.. they put them out with both as an option. I have 4 of these heli's.. mine all came with the 2603, which is usable.. but can be very confusing at first..If it is with the 2603 Tx.. you can buy a 2801 either used or new for like $130.. its a great radio.. I use the 2801 on all my 500's.. flawless...and if the V400D02 he gets has the 2603.. it can be used with the better 2801.. but if he buys the V400 with the Devo7 channel, he can upgrade the radio to the new Devo 8 channel if he wanted... but its not necessary. The Devo 7 will be fine to start with. If you have any questions about the V400.. feel free to PM me.. like I said, I have 4 of them...and many, many posts in the Walkera threads. Mike
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
krobinson103
Registered Users

The 2603 is computerized and "programmable" if you can figure out how the stupid thing works. The wk-2801pro is much better, in fact I use it to fly a Beam E4 and it works great. The devo is a step up from the 2801 with color touch screens, more models etc. I'd go for the best tx you can get. A good tx will never be something to regret.
krobinson103 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
SQRT(-2)
Registered Users

I use the Walkera 2801pro radio on my stuff and it works great. It is a good radio setup. If he thinks he is going to stay with it, a nice radio is a good investment.

What is your son's experience? Does he have a simulator?

I don't know about that heli, it has a tail motor. It may be ok, but tail motors tend to not work so well. A belt driven tail tends to be better.

Maybe he could save up and get a Tarot 450 setup. like below. It is a clone of a popular helicopter called a Trex, you can find parts for it all over the place.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/tarot-450p...itter-rtf.html

Walkera Super CP
Walkera Devo 10 w/ Deviation
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
TexasC
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQRT(-2) View Post
I use the Walkera 2801pro radio on my stuff and it works great. It is a good radio setup. If he thinks he is going to stay with it, a nice radio is a good investment.

What is your son's experience? Does he have a simulator?

I don't know about that heli, it has a tail motor. It may be ok, but tail motors tend to not work so well. A belt driven tail tends to be better.

Maybe he could save up and get a Tarot 450 setup. like below. It is a clone of a popular helicopter called a Trex, you can find parts for it all over the place.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/tarot-450p...itter-rtf.html
You do realize that the square root of negative 2 does not exist, correct?

How do you like the 2801? Have you tried it bound to a RX2702V? If so, how does the Walkera flybarless system work?
TexasC is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
inner3
Registered Users

Does anyone know if they have released the receiver for the v400d02 using devo receivers? Anxiously awaiting that.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 AM   #8
krobinson103
Registered Users

The V400 is a nice heli with a bunch of problems that need to be repaired before it really functions nicely. I got one as my first cp and if I could go back in time I would NOT get a large Walkera. Its better to go with a better heli from the start.
krobinson103 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
SQRT(-2)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasC View Post
You do realize that the square root of negative 2 does not exist, correct?

How do you like the 2801? Have you tried it bound to a RX2702V? If so, how does the Walkera flybarless system work?
It is Irrational and Imaginary! That is the joke.

The 2801 is nice, never so much as a glitch. I have yet to use the Walkera flybarless system. I am trying to deside on trying that or the Tarot FBL system with my 2801 RX.

Walkera Super CP
Walkera Devo 10 w/ Deviation
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
MilitaryMachinist
Registered Users

I like my walkeras but I honostly wouldn't get it. If I were you I would get either the new Blade 450X (Its beast X flybarless) or I would build a 450 T-Rex V2 Pro FBL. The reason being on a large helicopter building it you learn so much more. You will be able to diagnose and repair things faster, and you will actually understand what each part does. Honostly Got with the T-Rex 450 Pro V2. The experience he will gain from it is tremendous.

As far as the radios go. Buy the best radio you can afford. Helicopters come and go. I am currently at 15 owned helicopters since my wife is now learning to fly. I have had 15 helicopters, but only 4 radios. Buying a good TX will make all the difference in his helicopter experience. If your radio isn't comfortable or reliable... Then it makes a huge difference. If you have to fight your radio or get frustrated with it... Well you get the idea... Start with a good radio, and if your going to go with a 400 class helicopter dont buy a rtf. Buy something yuo have to build. The experience gained from it is priceless. It will make you a better pilot all around, and make you more adapt to repairing it.
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
TexasC
Registered Users

Military,
I only disagree with one part of your post. As a newbie, I would have never had the courage to build a helicopter as my first heli. Not knowing anything about them, there's no way I would have undertaken the challenge. Buying a RTF allowed me to crash it, take it apart, and finally realize that the whole build/repair thing isn't as hard as it sounds.
I now know that building your own is the BEST way to go, but guys new to the hobby need that rtf to gain some experience in build/repair before trying it from a kit.

Just my humble opinion. No harm intended
TexasC is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Heli-opolis
Registered Users

I agree with both of you. But that is because each of you did what you felt most comfortable with.

I say, bite off as big a chunk as you feel you can handle, trying to push yourself just a bit if possible but more than anything else, don't bite off more than you can chew because frustration is more likely to kill one's interest than just about anything else.

For what it's worth, I started out in between, I bought a Kalt kit that had all the pieces and some of them were put together but I had to complete the assembly, fortunately having step by step instructions that a monkey could have followed.

That said, my first 'flight' lasted about 5 seconds and ended in a heap of broken parts and as I was walking home and crossing a bridge, I was very tempted to toss the thing in the river and call it quits.

Actually, I did for a few weeks until I ran into a friend who, unbeknownst to me was also interested in RC helis and had joined a local heli club. I was invited along.

That changed things. I didn't have to figure things out on my own with no idea of what things should be like because I had a number other pilots around who could give advice from time to time when I felt I needed it and kept shut-up when I didn't or wanted to figure something out on my own.

At that time, I had been flying my own real bird, a highly modified Hughes 500, for a number of years but as many pilots will tell you that do fly both, flying an R/C heli is orders of magnitude more difficult than flying the real thing so while I understood the physics of it all and could literally build a full size bird myself, I was lost until I had others to learn from when dealing with an R/C bird.

So my suggestion is, do whatever you feel comfortable with while pushing yourself as much as you can but don't push too far so that your frustration begins to outweigh your interest in continuing.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #13
hilo69
Registered Users

i have had my v400d02 over 1yr now, she is my first cp 6chanel heli ,i have had 4chanel coaxial 3 of them, and wanted something for the out doors, i was one of the few who realy had a rtf heli i got it from 7/11 hobby shop,and she flew fine out the box untill i crashed, and had to figure things out on my own,very frustrating,i was fixing more then i was flying broke everything,but wen i fixed a problim i was so excited i fixed it and proud of my self ,i have had so many total rebuilds but with the up grade parts rtf-heli bl motor kit,trex 500 landing skids,hs-5055'smg servoes went through 10 pairs of hs-55's servoes ther real good digital but cant take a hit! so i went with the hs-5055'smg best mod i have dun,i also have a copterx 450 v3pro and wen ever i take both heli's out only one comes back in tact! yep the v400d02 she is my go to heli! and she can take wind had her flying in 20-25winds she was a handful but she handeld it ! she got me so pissed wanted to take a hamer to her but i used the frustration to good use and figured her out and got her flying beter then new! my deal was i was afraid to crash and try new things so wen i got over that,it opened up a hole new love for heli's now i can rebuild her with my eyes closed! hahahahahha lol my 450 is always down but not my v400d02!
hilo69 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
flyfisherman68
Registered Users

Go to RTF-HELI.com for all the best upgrades for theV400D02.
flyfisherman68 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
hawk25
Registered Users

Default v400d02

Hellof

Need help with pitch set up on the v400d02?
I have a 2801 tx that came with the heli. Had a crash and trying to set it up again
Can some one help me with the set up. I am very new at this.

Thanks Hawk25
hawk25 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
crf69
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk25 View Post
Hellof

Need help with pitch set up on the v400d02?
I have a 2801 tx that came with the heli. Had a crash and trying to set it up again
Can some one help me with the set up. I am very new at this.

Thanks Hawk25

Ryan Robinson.
Instagram: rchelipiloteer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crf69 is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support