Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
Big Fil
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Thunder Power 450! A heli not a battery

Wow I just read this. Looks like a new competitor in the 450 market.

THUNDER POWER RC LAUNCHES “NEXT GENERATION” 450 HELICOPTER, THE EXTREME 450

June 18, 2007 (Las Vegas, Nevada) - - Thunder Power RC, the leading Lithium Polymer Battery supplier, is launching the industry’s most exciting and powerful 3D electric micro helicopter. The company will debut the advanced 3D helicopter at this year’s IRCHA Show. Several Extreme 450 models will be available in 2007 and will come with high performance brushless motors that include a 3800Kv (radical version), 4500Kv (competition version) and 4900Kv (pro version). For lightweight performance and aerobatics, the Extreme 450 CF will feature a simplified carbon fiber main frame, tail shaft, gyro tray and battery mounts. To compliment the high performance of the motors, the advanced models will include an all metal head, metal tail, full ball bearings and a constant tail drive.

Prices will start at $249.00 for the Carbon Fiber kits and extend to $599.00 for full ARF kits with a new extreme V2 Lithium Polymer battery and a 40A or a 60A Speed Controller. Thunder Power RC will also introduce a full line of Extreme 450 spare parts at IRCHA.

To highlight the launch of the new Extreme 450 line, Thunder Power RC will be giving away one gold plated Extreme 450 model at IRCHA to the winner of the extreme drawing. Stop by their booth to enter. Also in Thunder Power RC’s IRCHA booth, David Yost, the industry’s premier canopy painter will be painting custom canopies for prize give-a-ways. David will be hosting a one hour seminar sponsored by IRCHA to discuss painting techniques and design.

TP is known for high quality-high performance cutting edge products. The Extreme 450 CF follows in that tradition and is the Lamborghini of micro helicopters.

About Thunder Power RC
Thunder Power RC is a worldwide leader in the Lithium Polymer battery category for hobby helicopters and planes. The company has built a reputation for supplying the most advanced and highest quality batteries, chargers and balancers available. Charlie Wang, President and founder started Thunder Power RC four years ago with the desire to provide the best batteries available to the hobby industry. Since then, Charlie has built Thunder Power RC into an industry leader with distribution throughout the world to hobby and military markets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a1367396-21-tp_extreme_450.jpg (37.3 KB, 195 views)

Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
Big Fil
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ha, looks like Rick's got a new market for his gyro mounts!

Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
glucoseboy
Registered Users

Bring it on, the more the merrier! :mrgreen:

The frame looks interesting. I wonder if the parts will be compatible with the Trex?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
Saibot
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wanna see someone 3D the gold plated one they're gonna give away :twisted:
Saibot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sheesh another CLONE......

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
bdavison
Registered Users

That frame raises some concerns.
On one hand the one piece sides should be durable, but its gonna be aweful difficult to fit all the stuff inside it. Also, with it being that thin, the skids arent going to have much support. The blade grips are insanely big and beefy.

Also it says carbon fiber....tail shaft? UH...no thanks. For one carbon splits easily, and when things rub on it, it frays like rope. Hope thats just a mis-representation.

I'd like to see it minus canopy to see how they mount the battery.

Looks interesting. Price point seems about right.
bdavison is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
Funky
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It looks pretty light

Between this, the Rex, the Mini Titan and the tons of compatible Trex clones you would think there is only one style of head that works

I would love to see some more varitey like the Dragonus head or a shrunken Mikado head. I know the Trex head works great, but there are other head designs which could give us more variety.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.