Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X


Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
meatwad99si
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesa Arizona - Tough Guy Poser
Default

Its not lazy gyro wag its crazy freakout wag...
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
ShaneJourdan
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,170
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sandy, Oregon
Default

Turn down your cyclic gain if it is not at 12 o'clock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Goblin 700 - XF495 KDE - HC3SX - CC160
Trex 700 - 700 MX - HC3SX - CC120
Blade 450X - Scorpion 2221-6 - BD3sx -CC 50
Trex 250 - BD3sx - Talon 35 - DS95i
ShaneJourdan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #23
tamupino
Registered Users
 
Posts: 32
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Default

I tried adjusting cyclic gain per your suggestion with no luck . Goes into crazy tail shudder mode with sudden control inputs.
tamupino is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #24
ShaneJourdan
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,170
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sandy, Oregon
Default

Can you put your gyro into rate mode by reducing gyro gain almost all the way and see what happens. The will help diagnose


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Goblin 700 - XF495 KDE - HC3SX - CC160
Trex 700 - 700 MX - HC3SX - CC120
Blade 450X - Scorpion 2221-6 - BD3sx -CC 50
Trex 250 - BD3sx - Talon 35 - DS95i
ShaneJourdan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
azezeil
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States
Default

Well guys...I figured it out. I did some trouble shooting with the tail and when they assembled them at the factory they must have not torqued the screws enough on the plastic mounts. Whats happening is under heavy load the servo mount is pushing up and twisting the servo rod. I noticed this first because I did some extreme pitch pumps for about 10 seconds then brought her down and gave her a once over. Noticed the rod was bent, straightened it back out, and tried again. Same thing, so I torqued the screws to the point where I was afraid of stripping the plastic and it fixed it.

I have the aluminum mounts on their way so I'll be swapping them in along with my H5020G servo, but I'm glad that it was something so simple. Just annoyed it took me this long to finally get some free time to really dig into it.
azezeil is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #26
meatwad99si
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesa Arizona - Tough Guy Poser
Default

Hmm thats interesting ill have to make sure, i tighten mine up.
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #27
Talesin
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,149
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Default

Interesting. Mine were flexing more just before my (I /think/ unrelated) crash, and got the crazy tail-wag two or three times (very visible on the video). Ordered the aluminum mounts since the tail had to come off anyway.
__________________
Blade: mCX2, mSR, mSRX, Nano-CPX, 2x mCPX (v1), mCPX-BL, 120SR, 450 X
Spektrum DX8, DX6i
Talesin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #28
meatwad99si
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesa Arizona - Tough Guy Poser
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
Interesting. Mine were flexing more just before my (I /think/ unrelated) crash, and got the crazy tail-wag two or three times (very visible on the video). Ordered the aluminum mounts since the tail had to come off anyway.
Do the aluminum mounts hold tighter? Im prob gonna get some when i get my mks servos.
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #29
Talesin
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,149
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Default

Yeah. There's no flex like the plastic ones, and even pressing *hard* with a thumb, with the screws only lightly tightened they don't seem to move at all; much less tightening them down solid.
__________________
Blade: mCX2, mSR, mSRX, Nano-CPX, 2x mCPX (v1), mCPX-BL, 120SR, 450 X
Spektrum DX8, DX6i
Talesin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #30
meatwad99si
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesa Arizona - Tough Guy Poser
Default

yeah it seems like once you move the servo mounts or pushrod guides from there stock locations they never hold the same...
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
krante
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Birmingham UK
Default Blade 450X Tail vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by azezeil View Post
Well guys...I figured it out. I did some trouble shooting with the tail and when they assembled them at the factory they must have not torqued the screws enough on the plastic mounts. Whats happening is under heavy load the servo mount is pushing up and twisting the servo rod. I noticed this first because I did some extreme pitch pumps for about 10 seconds then brought her down and gave her a once over. Noticed the rod was bent, straightened it back out, and tried again. Same thing, so I torqued the screws to the point where I was afraid of stripping the plastic and it fixed it.

I have the aluminum mounts on their way so I'll be swapping them in along with my H5020G servo, but I'm glad that it was something so simple. Just annoyed it took me this long to finally get some free time to really dig into it.
I there, I get this very issue when I stick rudder all the way to the left or right for multiple pirouettes. The tail vibrates violently that I had to land quickly. I don't quite follow your solution described above, any chance of a picture please?
First time I had this issue, I thought it was a bad tail servo so swapped it out to MKS DS95i but it did not fix the problem.
Any help will be much appreciated.

DK
krante is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
Coco66
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,247
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chieri TO Italy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krante View Post
I there, I get this very issue when I stick rudder all the way to the left or right for multiple pirouettes. The tail vibrates violently that I had to land quickly. I don't quite follow your solution described above, any chance of a picture please?
First time I had this issue, I thought it was a bad tail servo so swapped it out to MKS DS95i but it did not fix the problem.
Any help will be much appreciated.

DK
From what I understand, azezeil was tightening the screws which fix the two plastic tail servo mounts to the boom.
__________________
Goblin 500 (Scorp. 4020-1350/16T/AR7200BX/YGE 120LVK/Rail 516) Warp 360 (AR7200BX/YGE 90LV/DS92A+/95i/TM1100) Blade 450X (450 motor/DS92A+/95i/TM1100) Blade 450X Nightflyer 2 X mCPX v2 night fly mQX LadyMQX hybrid nano QX Spektrum DX8
Coco66 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #33
AZHELIMEDIC
Registered Users
 
Posts: 144
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Peoria AZ
Default

Mine did the same exact thing when I put on the kbdd 62mm tail blades. As soon as I put stockers back on problem was solved.
AZHELIMEDIC is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bad, blade 450x, oscillation, tail vibration, weird




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X


Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com