Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Model Helicopters > Atom 6HV and 6HVU

Atom 6HV and 6HVU Compass Atom 6HV and 6HVU Model Helicopter Discussion

Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
mrultralite
Registered Users

Default motor no spin

Do i have to set-up throttle endpoints w/ the HW70? nothing in the setup software about it [ unlike CC stuff]
mrultralite is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
belcom
Registered Users

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...l/HW-01-PL.pdf

Bottom of second page. Section called "Throttle Range Setting"
Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
mrultralite
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
mrultralite
Registered Users

Haha it helps to read instructions sometimes.
Two ambiguities remain for me though ,
- should the motor be plugged in for programming?
- setting the endpoints, usual method is to set Tx to 25% then increase till beeps , does that apply?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
belcom
Registered Users

Are you using Vbar by chance?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
Scured
Registered Users

Yeah gotta have the motor plugged in to hear the tones

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
mrultralite
Registered Users

No, ar7200bx. Still wondering if motor should be plugged in during programming [no tone then] .

Here's a quote from another thread, its re. CC , just wondering if HW is same?

Quote:
We've realised the AR7200BX won't output any throttle signal until it see's throttle zero (for safety), whereas the ESC needs to power up with full throttle to set endpoints or clear datalog, so you need to go through a two stage sequence to power up AR7200BX then ESC to allow you to set throttle endpoints or clear datalog.

You need a seperate power source so you can power up/initialise the AR7200BX BEFORE plugging power to the ESC - I did this with seperate BEC and two batteries, but you could do this with a rx pack if easier (you will need a servo extension lead with red wire snipped if you normally use internal BEC to prevent your ESC/BEC fighting the external power and overloading BEC).

To set endpoints:
- TX on, set throttle ATV 100/100, and linear normal thottle curve, power up AR7200BX from BEC or flight pack (not ESC which needs to stay off), wait for AR7200BX to initialise, move throttle to low stick (so AR7200BX starts outputting throttle signal)
- reduce throttle ATVs to 50/50, move throttle to full stick only now can you power up ESC, then you can set endpoints as normal (full throttle at ESC power up, then gradually increase throttle high ATV until ESC beeps, then drop to low throttle, gradually increase throttle low ATV until ESC beeps again, power off ESC and your done).

Similarly to clear datalog, you need to power up AR7200BX from BEC with ESC off, go to zero throttle, then go to idle2 (100% throttle), then power up ESC and wait for beeps to show datalog has cleared.

In practice unless you happen to have a battery plug/socket on BEC feed from ESC socket (as I luckily have) this may be harder than using castlelink to clear datalog memory, but it is an option.

I was powering up AR7200BX with Tx throttle already maxed (as I do with other receivers) or with throttle hold on (as I do normally so ESC won't arm), so no throttle signal was being outputted from AR7200BX (which was still waiting for a zero throttle signal) to set endpoints or clear datalog.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
belcom
Registered Users

Looks like it is ar7200bx and Castle specific. As far as I know, HW does not require you to alter the endpoints to detect high and low points. It's a simple as raising the stick to full position and then down to 0. Your throttle curves must be linear when you do this. I don't own or ever setup an AR7200BX so I am not 100% sure what needs to be done on the receiver side of things. But I can only assume that you have to bind the 7200 and when you do, please make sure your throttle curves are linear and throttle is at 0 when that happens.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
Jason O'Connell
Formerly BarnStormer

7200bx will not pass any signal to the esc unless it see's 0% throttle. The HW esc can not set its endpoints unless the first thing it see's is 100% throttle. This is the only way I have found around the problem.

Unplug the throttle cable, fire up the 7200bx with a receiver battery, let is do it's thing. Go to high throttle then plug in the throttle cable and flight pack. Then you can set your throttle high and low points.

Jason

Last edited by Jason O'Connell; 03-26-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Jason O'Connell is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
mrultralite
Registered Users

oops, looks like i have one to many threads here,,,,,

ok ,s o i put the red wire back , NOTHING went according to the book beeps and tunes all over the place,,, BUT it now 'seems' to work , i plug in Bx [init.z] ,then plug in esc , i get BEEDLE-BEEP , then,, DUH-- DUH, DA DA which i presume is 2 long 2 short for 12S. But there is supposed to be finally a long beep [nope],, red lite off i think ,hard to see. Motor, TH , all work. So where am i?

Another thing i'm not sure i have 'very soft start' , i have the motor disengaged it just revs up and down ,not sure i programmed that right , it seemed kind of inert when hooked up to the computer, program box just read 'connecting pc' software showed down load [[ using turnigy 1.62 & program box says v1.07
Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
Scured
Registered Users

Not sure why you cut the red wire

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
mrultralite
Registered Users

Refusal to read chinglish ,my bad
Old 03-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
360Wings
Registered Users

You can and show setup the HW high/lo throttle limits..

Just power up the ESC with throttle stick at 100% (make sure you have a linear throttle curve configured i.e. 0 - 50 -100), when it beeps x2 move to low stick.. Done..

The motor shouldnt arm if you have the throttle at 100% when powered up but once it has confirmed the low stick position it will arm the motor..

I would recommend removing blades just in case...
360Wings is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Model Helicopters > Atom 6HV and 6HVU

Atom 6HV and 6HVU Compass Atom 6HV and 6HVU Model Helicopter Discussion