Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 03-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
Sambuka
Registered Users

Default 3GX v2.0 Satelite too close during power up?

Hi there

I'm doing my first Trex500EFL build, upto the 3GX setup. I'm tossing up between using 1.2 or upgrading to 2.0 straight up.

I am a little worried about this warning that 2.0 says in the brief:

Warning: Channel 1 and channel 3 cannot be reversed. Satellite receivers cannot be too close during power up. (Distance beyond 30cm)

Here is a picture of my Satelite placement. Is this warning for 2.0 no big deal or is it real that the sats need to be far away from each other to power up the 3gx in 2.0?

I'm sure the sats are not ideally placed I did my best I put the one on the left up the front but it hit the canopy so I moved it back behind the motor.

Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Sambuka
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Or does that 30cm mean the distance from the Transmitter to the satelites?

I'm so new at this, just learning as I go, wondering if this is something to worry about or not?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
-kenny-
Registered Users

I would assume they mean 30cm between tx and sats.. It's allmost impossible to have 30cm between sats and rx. If they would only come out with a DECENT english manual... Or do they think the whole world speaks chinese at align??
Old 03-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Sambuka
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I'm sure its gotta be the transmitter and satelites distance now. Just the way it was worded and my noobness and how I read it made me think otherwise.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
koppterx
Registered Users

if the trans is too close during start up the sats will not bind. and by close, it means almost laying on top of it.

Paul
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
malc1
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On my 700e I managed to get the satelites 30cm apart - just in case.
---- Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- MinAir Whiplash 90N Vbar v5.3 YS120 ---- T Rex 600N YS60 Vbar v5.3 ----- MinAir Spectra `G`----- T Rex 500 Gyrobot 700 ---------- Vario Sonic ----
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support