Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 03-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Abenn
Registered Users

Default Simulated Flybar Parameter setting?

I'm new to fbl, though I've flown my flybarred T-Rex 500 for almost three years now. I've just got a 550e V2 3Gx but haven't successfully lifted off yet. I've been right through this thread http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=393077, posted a couple of questions and got good answers, but there's still one thing I'm not clear about with 3Gx v2.0:-

What is the purpose of the Simulated Flybar Parameter setting? It's disabled by default, but can be toggled on, and can then be set between 0 and 100. The help note that appears when I hover my mouse over it says, "Simulates the feel of traditional flybar; the larger the value, the heavier the simulated flybar paddle."

Why it's not clear to me is, I thought the 3Gx electronics were replacing the flybar, which means they're simulating it. So, with this setting switched off, in what way is 3Gx different from a flybarred model? Or, looking at it from the other perspective, what does switching this setting on actually do? Is this the setting that makes it so that you can make adjustments with the right stick while the model is getting light on its skids, just like you do with a flybarred heli (or at least, I do), as mentioned in the v2.0 upgrade literature?
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Abenn
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anyone?

Since my original post I've been using the search function, and I still can't find any reference to what the Simulated Flybar Parameter setting actually does

About an hour ago it dawned on me that perhaps it's a setting that, when activated, resets all the other settings. But no, it doesn't affect the other settings so far as I can see.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
bonkett
Registered Users

Hi there,

I think when the toggle is off the simulated flybar is set at 50% all the time as a default setting but if you want a stronger or weaker feel you can switch the toggle to on and adjust the slider as you wish but the unit will always have some control over the head, or thats how i understood it. anyhow, good luck with the rest of the build.
bonkett is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Abenn
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkett View Post
Hi there,

I think when the toggle is off the simulated flybar is set at 50% all the time as a default setting but if you want a stronger or weaker feel you can switch the toggle to on and adjust the slider as you wish but the unit will always have some control over the head, or thats how i understood it. anyhow, good luck with the rest of the build.
Thanks bonkett, but I think you've confirmed we all "think" what it does, but can't find any specific advice from Align

I've assumed that when it's toggled off it has no effect, just like when functions in my transmitter are set to INH. Otherwise, why not leave it "on" at 50%, and omit the ability to toggle it on/off?

So, do you fly with in on or off? I'm going to switch it on, but leave it at 50%, for my maiden v2.0 flight this weekend (weather permitting). Can't be any worse than my first two fbl attempts with v1.2
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
Abenn
Registered Users

Well, I at least managed to hover the heli this time, v2.0 with Simulated Flybar Parameter switched on, at 50%. Just one battery, and timer set at 5 minutes because I don't yet know how long it lasts, so not much time to make trannie adjustments. I've got a whole bunch of expo and rates dialled in at the moment -- too much in fact -- so this weekend I intend to gradually reduce them until it responds more like my flybarred 500
Old 04-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
kdsguy1
Registered Users

hmmmm.....thats prob why my heli tipped over tis weekend. i turned it on but only at 15, so if its off, default is 50...(sorta stupid that the pop up window does not say that) well i will try that tonight when i get home
kdsguy1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
Abenn
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsguy1 View Post
... so if its off, default is 50...(sorta stupid that the pop up window does not say that) well i will try that tonight when i get home
I don't think so ... if it's on the setting will be whatever you set it to. But, if it's off, it logically should have no effect, never mind where the settings were before you switched it off.

But I still don't know that the setting does when it's on. Or, maybe more to the point, what it's not doing when it's off

Anyway, I'm very much a beginner, and I've still a lot of tuning to do on my trannie (rates and expo) to become comfortable with this heli. But at least I got to hover it with the simulated flybar setting on and at 50%.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
Abenn
Registered Users

Browsing through the 3GX V2.0 software one more time, to try and understand what the settings do, I've just realised that a Help text for the Simulated Fly Bar Parameters seems to come up when I hover the mouse over Cyclic Pitch Acceleration -- and it's different from the text that comes up when I hover over Simulated Fly Bar Parameter

It says, "Activating simulated flybar can accelerate aileron and elevator control speed. Suitable setting value can provide smoother cyclic pitch control, but may also create slight acceleration during hover. Therefore is not recommended for beginners. Generally it can be set to 30 to 50%".

That explains Simulated Fly Bar Parameter much better for me But, where's the Help text for Cyclic Pitch Acceleration?

And, while I'm at it, where's the Help text for Elevator Flip Rate Adjustment? It's Help text is a duplicate of the text for Aileron Roll Rate Adjustment.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
kdsguy1
Registered Users

i noticed that when you turn on the flybar and set it low value then switch it off the slider goes to the 50 mark, since i turned it off i have had no problems with the heli trying to tip over on me, before it would try and tip almost every time i would lift off or land, now with it off(50) not a single prob, i think with it off it defaults to 50!
kdsguy1 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support