Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
victorb17
Registered Users

Default Noob question about the tail

As I currently only have the MCPx, I am very interested I something with inherently good tail performance. Am I wrong in assuming that the tail cannot "blow out" on the 300x because it is driven by the main motor? Therefor if the main motor bogged, then so did the tail so it really didn't affect anything. Right?
victorb17 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Imzzaudae
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default You missed one thing

When the main motor bogs as suggested it the helicopter quickly turns into a rock not a helicopter and you will be picking up peaces! A carful setup that will not allow the blade pitch to become more than the motor can handle will stop this problem.

Keep the revs up and you won't have any problems.

Nitro - Hirobo shuttle 30 size. Hirobo SCEADU Evolution 50
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
BurritoSnake
Registered Users

Also unless you plan on doing a lot of tic-tocs or any agressive negative to positive pitch, or other way around, move then this likely won't be a problem.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
upankatz
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorb17 View Post
As I currently only have the MCPx, I am very interested I something with inherently good tail performance. Am I wrong in assuming that the tail cannot "blow out" on the 300x because it is driven by the main motor? Therefor if the main motor bogged, then so did the tail so it really didn't affect anything. Right?
If your mainrotor bogs, theoretically the beastx or any good gyro and servo combo will compensate for this and your tail should hold.....
Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
InFocus
Registered Users

A few things contribute to the severe mCPX blowouts. Obviously, it occurs when heavy handed with the collective. The tail is motor driven, and it is speculated that when you bog the mains, the tail also can get diminished voltage, right when you needed it most..
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help