Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Model Helicopters > Atom 6HV and 6HVU

Atom 6HV and 6HVU Compass Atom 6HV and 6HVU Model Helicopter Discussion

Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
RodneyK
Registered Users

Thumbs up Another new 6HV owner

Hi,

My name is Rodney and I am a helicopterahaulic. I just got into this hobby about 3 weeks ago: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=408552

Last weekend, after flying my Blade 450X and thoroughly enjoying how much more badass it was than my MCPx, I really started wanting a 600 or 700. I started doing some reading through a lot of threads on Helifreak about different models and the 6HV was definitely one of the few that I was considering. I was looking through the for sale forums and ended up buying a used 6HV. Well, actually, I bought two. I'm going nuts waiting for Friday when they show up. My servos, BEC, AR7200BX, and various miscellaneous parts will all be here tomorrow.

Unfortunately, my DX8 took a crap last night (taking out my 450X with it) so I don't know when I'll be able to fly. I guess I'll just have to be happy with getting everything installed and getting ready to fly.

Rodney...
RodneyK is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
Larry227
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the club Rodney. Horizon is usually pretty quick on the turn around if you're sending the DX8 in for repair. It might not take as long as you think.

Can't wait to hear your impressions on the 6HV after you've felt it's goodness after a few flights.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
belcom
Registered Users

3 weeks ago???
Old 04-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
RodneyK
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I found out what was wrong with my radio (http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....06#post3884706) and I'm not going to have to send it in! Sucks that I crashed because of it but at least I know what happened and I can fix it.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
RodneyK
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I received my electronics last night. I bought Align DS610 servos for cyclic and a DS650 for the tail. Also got an AR7200BX and a satellite. For a BEC I got the CC BEC Pro. I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for the airframe!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Larry227
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It can be an excruciating wait. I had all my electronics together about 3 months before I got the kit.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Ah Clem
Registered Users

Welcome Rodney!

I have read about a few transmitter antennae being disconnected internally now. Sorry to hear that happened to you, sir!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
sarpilot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckledragger View Post
I received my electronics last night. I bought Align DS610 servos for cyclic and a DS650 for the tail. Also got an AR7200BX and a satellite. For a BEC I got the CC BEC Pro. I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for the airframe!

Looking good man those servos should work pretty well I have 650 on tail as well. When you get it make sure the tail linkage works very smoothly…

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Model Helicopters > Atom 6HV and 6HVU

Atom 6HV and 6HVU Compass Atom 6HV and 6HVU Model Helicopter Discussion