Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X


130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #21
450X
Registered Users
 
Posts: 279
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Default

If you want a 120 with a seperate tail motor you could extend the mcpx boom with SR120 tail motor and then put some v120d02 blades on it and have what you want right now plus it would be hundreds less.
__________________
300X Wicked - 130X hp08s - Nano CPx mild
450X is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
atv223
Registered Users
 
Posts: 315
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester County, PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogoFreak View Post
To the OP... Not saying you personally ever complained but this is a bit ridiculous. First everyone complains about motor driven tail rotors, now you complain that the tail is shaft driven? I say stop complaining and just fly!
+1. There must be a hundred posts of people begging for a 120 size CP without a motor driven tail. Blade finally announces it and people are immediately complaining about the tail durability. Now we want conversions to the 130X for a motor driven tail?!?! Are cats sleeping with dogs? Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who gives a $hit about the rules??
atv223 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
mCP_X
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: new york USA
Default

Quote:
Are cats sleeping with dogs? Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who gives a $hit about the rules??
LOL , thanks , that made my day
mCP_X is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Daniel880516
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,111
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, Mississauga
Default

This heli is marketed for Experience level: ADVANCED pilot first of all, that is enough said.
__________________
Team Compass Canada
Rchelicanada.com
7HVu, 6HVu.
Daniel880516 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #25
Brett74
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,854
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Malmö, Southern Sweden.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liduno View Post
If it had a motor driven tail the left prios would be strange just like all the other motor driven tails, with a shaft driven tail you get thrust from the tail rotor in both directions.

Now if it had 2 brushless tail motors and two props it would get thrust in both directions but I think that might be over kill.

I guess you could have a single brushless tail motor with pitch control on the tail blade and a small belt drive but if they were going to do that they could have just made it belt drive in the first place.
The thrust from both motors is still going against the torque from the mains, when they stop, they stop, they don't turn the other way, there is only thrust in one direction.
__________________
Goblin 770 4540 395 Sig 16S YGE 160UHV VBar (gov)
Goblin 700 4530 540 LE 12S Ice 2 160HV VBar (gov)
Brushless MCPX
Brett74 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
Brett74
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,854
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Malmö, Southern Sweden.
Default

Definatley unsuscribing from thread
__________________
Goblin 770 4540 395 Sig 16S YGE 160UHV VBar (gov)
Goblin 700 4530 540 LE 12S Ice 2 160HV VBar (gov)
Brushless MCPX
Brett74 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #27
Ampdraw
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia. We live inverted.
Default

For the doubters here is an old vid of a Blade Cp pro with a Gy401 and bl dd (not vp) tail.
But a Mcpx is a better option. By the way stretching one is alot harder than you'd think. Non adjustable cyclic gain...no PID parameters to play with.


Blowout everywhere:


Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #28
fusionsx00
Registered Users
 
Posts: 7,437
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: usa
Default

What no brushed main and tail?

That's crazy talk, OK joking aside

Those were the old eflite days, its 2012 and blade is making way better stuff.

I am very happy to see the 130x just the way it is.
__________________
DX8
X2MKS95i
X3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

X5Xera
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #29
Turboparker
Registered Users
 
Posts: 251
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mpls/St. Paul, MN USA
Default

I'll get right on this mod after I'm finished downgrading my 10CHP to Galloping Ghost. I also need to finish downgrading my 6-core PC to an 8086 processor w/128k of ram & a cassette tape drive. Can't forget the HDTV to SDTV downgrade I'm working on.

Joel
__________________
mQX; nCPX; bl mCPX, 130X; 300X; lots of planks
Tx: FUT 10CHP
Turboparker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #30
falke398
Registered Users
 
Posts: 705
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi
If we could flash a Castle Creations Pixie 7 ESC , we could convert the main over to a brushed motor too

Someone suggested a wrought iron frame mod , and i have been thinking a hand blown glass canopy would be the coolest

maybe cut down the blades and reduce the AUW to about 50 grams ... Oh , never mind
... this made me laugh ...
falke398 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #31
aaronbru
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Default

I'm glad not many people are taking this thread seriously

I'm very much a beginner and am excited for the TT tail as I don't plan on crashing this like I do my mcpx. This will be treated just like my 450 except I'll have room in my backyard to fly it.
__________________
Helis: Blade 120 SR (duct collector), mCPX V2, 450 3D
Transmitters: DX6i, DX5e, 120sr stocky
Sim: Phoenix
aaronbru is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #32
Digital Don
Registered Users
 
Posts: 588
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manteno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronbru View Post
I'm glad not many people are taking this thread seriously

Are you kidding? As soon as I get my 130X, I'm turning it into a coaxial!

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #33
Ampdraw
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia. We live inverted.
Default

As soon as some start getting their 130x's I'm guessing any sort of mods will be off the agenda for many especially one as complicated as converting to motored tail (not that I entertain the idea for this heli but I don't mock it). They'll have their hands full trying to re-setup this heli after the first decent crash.

The threads will likely explode with questions on how to set up the tail, tail wagging after crash, how to fix the tail gears, how to adjust the tail gain, which gear goes on the shaft and which on the torque rod, how to tame it.

Anyone who blames the Mcpx tail for them crashing or losing control aren't setting that heli up properly and the Mcpx is a piece of cake compared to doing a rebuild on a ddvp tailed Cp. Eyes are going to open!

Horizon's marketing hasn't been quite specific enough imo and...lets just hope they are employing more phone techs.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #34
litehawkdown
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,402
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
As soon as some start getting their 130x's I'm guessing any sort of mods will be off the agenda for many especially one as complicated as converting to motored tail (not that I entertain the idea for this heli but I don't mock it). They'll have their hands full trying to re-setup this heli after the first decent crash.

The threads will likely explode with questions on how to set up the tail, tail wagging after crash, how to fix the tail gears, how to adjust the tail gain, which gear goes on the shaft and which on the torque rod, how to tame it.

Anyone who blames the Mcpx tail for them crashing or losing control aren't setting that heli up properly and the Mcpx is a piece of cake compared to doing a rebuild on a ddvp tailed Cp. Eyes are going to open!

Horizon's marketing hasn't been quite specific enough imo and...lets just hope they are employing more phone techs.

Amp
+1 there grumpy pants

I learned a ton while building a 250 and getting it dialed. Still lots to learn too. RTF is great until you go lawn darting it. Then you have to learn while in a fowl mood. Can't wait for this 130x. It was just what I have been looking for. Sick of trying to figure out what is bringing about my MCPX tail blow outs every other week lately. She is in the middle of a full top to bottom rebuild.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:30 AM   #35
Ampdraw
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia. We live inverted.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
+1 there grumpy pants

I learned a ton while building a 250 and getting it dialed. Still lots to learn too. RTF is great until you go lawn darting it. Then you have to learn while in a fowl mood. Can't wait for this 130x. It was just what I have been looking for. Sick of trying to figure out what is bringing about my MCPX tail blow outs every other week lately. She is in the middle of a full top to bottom rebuild.
Well...get it dialled in.

Rather than f about with the 6mm tail fit a 7mm and the v2 blade. Direct solder it to the board with a solder joint in the wires covered in heatshrink for when you need to do major work.

Problemo solved. Up your pitch until you bog all you want...tail will hold on a stock heli up to and including the C05m bl.

Part numbers in this thread http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=412491&page=2

Signed,
Grumpy "tails not holding is it my 3in1, I'll start another thread without doing research" pants Amp.
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #36
Turboparker
Registered Users
 
Posts: 251
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mpls/St. Paul, MN USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
As soon as some start getting their 130x's I'm guessing any sort of mods will be off the agenda for many especially one as complicated as converting to motored tail (not that I entertain the idea for this heli but I don't mock it). They'll have their hands full trying to re-setup this heli after the first decent crash.

The threads will likely explode with questions on how to set up the tail, tail wagging after crash, how to fix the tail gears, how to adjust the tail gain, which gear goes on the shaft and which on the torque rod, how to tame it.

Anyone who blames the Mcpx tail for them crashing or losing control aren't setting that heli up properly and the Mcpx is a piece of cake compared to doing a rebuild on a ddvp tailed Cp. Eyes are going to open!

Horizon's marketing hasn't been quite specific enough imo and...lets just hope they are employing more phone techs.

Amp
Probably true. But I think 'Experience level: Advanced' should be specific enough. Problem is that nowadays, many newcomers to the hobby regard themselves as intermediate pilots even though they have yet to master the basics. Many of them are unable to hover or fly nose-in, they still fly by reacting to the heli & chasing it around, and they have such a poor understanding of rotary-flight than they are clueless as to how one sets up a CP bird - but they still think that they're intermediate pilots. I notice the same thing in fixed-wing. Pilots who have yet to master 4-channel aerobatic planes & still have a tough time flying a whole pack without mishap, yet they regard themselves as intermediate pilots - despite the fact that they have yet to progress beyond the 'crashing stage'. They don't want to follow the recommendations of those who have decades of experience - so they skip the aileron trainer & buy a UM warbird or unlimited aerobatic plane. Then they complain that the plane is crap because it can't handle power-on nose-ins from 30 feet up or cartwheeling down the runway - like their 3-channel trainer did.

The way I see it - if crash-survivability is a primary concern when choosing your next RC aircraft, you are most definitely not an intermediate pilot.

Joel
__________________
mQX; nCPX; bl mCPX, 130X; 300X; lots of planks
Tx: FUT 10CHP

Last edited by Turboparker; 05-07-2012 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Typo
Turboparker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #37
Daniel880516
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,111
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, Mississauga
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboparker View Post
Probably true.But I think 'Experience level: Advanced' should be specific enough. Problem is that nowadays, many newcomers to the hobby regard themselves as intermediate pilots even though they have yet to master the basics. Many of them are unable to hover or fly nose-in, they still fly by reacting to the heli & chasing it around, and they have such a poor understanding of rotary-flight than they are clueless as to how one sets up a CP bird - but they still think that they're intermediate pilots. I notice the same thing in fixed-wing. Pilots who have yet to master 4-channel aerobatic planes & still have a tough time flying a whole pack without mishap, yet they regard themselves as intermediate pilots - despite the fact that they have yet to progress beyond the 'crashing stage'. They don't want to follow the recommendations of those who have decades of experience - so they skip the aileron trainer & buy a UM warbird or unlimited aerobatic plane. Then they complain that the plane is crap because can't handle power-on nose-ins from 30 feet up or cartwheeling down the runway - like their 3-channel trainer did.

The way I see it - if crash-survivability is a primary concern when choosing your next RC aircraft, you are most definitely not an intermediate pilot.

Joel
+1 million
__________________
Team Compass Canada
Rchelicanada.com
7HVu, 6HVu.
Daniel880516 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #38
Flatearthman
Registered Users
 
Posts: 351
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: connecticut
Default

why doesn't everyone wait till they get there hands on one before tryting to improve a ghost ATM
__________________
Amat victoria curam:
Victory loves careful preparation
Flatearthman is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X


130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com