Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
mahbouni
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
If you use the YGE 120 with the vbar gov will you get a over amp or over temp warning?
Strange. Why is that?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
maarset
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've seen a number of posts where people using the vbar gov and yge's get temp and amp warnings on their esc's after flights.. So I'm not sure if I should try it or not. I just use the internal YGE gov on my LV120.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
mahbouni
Registered Users

But the new YGEs even include an internal phase sensor for the Vbar governor. Kind of defeats the purpose if it then doesn't work in that mode.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
TJ Present
Registered Users

I have used the Jive 100 LV with built in BEC. Bulletproof and great gov, nice spool-up.

Currently using the YGE 120LV with v-bar support (you have to specify) also runs great however I'm using an external BEC just to be on the safe side.

Either set-up is very close in performance. I think the soft-start is better on the Jive.
TJ Present is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #25
maarset
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Present View Post
I have used the Jive 100 LV with built in BEC. Bulletproof and great gov, nice spool-up.

Currently using the YGE 120LV with v-bar support (you have to specify) also runs great however I'm using an external BEC just to be on the safe side.

Either set-up is very close in performance. I think the soft-start is better on the Jive.
With the LV120 and vbar gov did you calibrate the esc end points with the YGE plugged into the vbar unit and use the programming card?

I think that was the trick to getting the YGE to not overheat when using the vbar gov, I Think...
Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
SARBoy
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You know, I have done some in depth reading into this and if you go on just cost it works out cheaper to go for the jive and 4025/1100. As mikado do a bundle package for heli, vbar, jive100LV, 4025/1100 and blades which is cheaper if you buy it separately but with a Hobbywing esc. Guess that makes my mind up for me.
SARBoy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
alexmit
Registered Users

Quote:
With the LV120 and vbar gov did you calibrate the esc end points with the YGE plugged into the vbar unit and use the programming card?

I think that was the trick to getting the YGE to not overheat when using the vbar gov, I Think...
I was getting overheat warnings and shutdowns that were false with the YGE using vBar gov. The ESC and everything else wasn't even getting warm. YGE suggested grounding the battery side negative lead of the ESC to the motor mount. This solved the problem. But yes... the endpoint setup is also pretty critical to get the YGE and vBar gov to function properly.
alexmit is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
maarset
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
I was getting overheat warnings and shutdowns that were false with the YGE using vBar gov. The ESC and everything else wasn't even getting warm. YGE suggested grounding the battery side negative lead of the ESC to the motor mount. This solved the problem. But yes... the endpoint setup is also pretty critical to get the YGE and vBar gov to function properly.
So you ran a small ground wire from the motor mount to the negative side of the power leads of the YGE esc? And then you stopped getting the 3 beep warnings and inflight shutdowns?

Man I really want to try my YGE 120LV with the vbar gov. I used a CC ICE 100 with the vbar gov and was happy with it except for the 190 degree kicks at spool up. But I do have an older non-vbar gov YGE.

One last question alexmit. When you did the vbar gov setup did you re-program the throttle end points with the YGE programming card? Also can you share your YGE settings like Heli-middle Plane-Fast and what not?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
maarset
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Found this thread Alexmit on some great info. Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
alexmit
Registered Users

Quote:
Found this thread Alexmit on some great info. Thanks
Did you see the YGE setup with vBar gov thread in the YGE threads? It has very good/thorough instructions. I was set up for Heli Middle, Plane Fast, 2% startup. If you don't have the program card, I'd highly recommend buying it. It makes the setup far easier that setting up with the TX.
alexmit is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #31
maarset
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yah been reading all that info. I have the programming card. I just don't want to lose that nice smooth silky spool up the YGE has, especially since I night fly my logo 500.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion