Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
bundydeity
Registered Users

Default b400 video camera

hi all,

once i get my 400 up and running ill be looking at camera options for making flight videos. does anyone know of a good camera for mounting to the b400, where and how to mount it and what weight the b400 can carry without affecting flight too much?
bundydeity is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
nof55
Registered Users

No expert here ,but I just mounted a go-pro clone with a water proof case between the skids on my 450. Just wanted to see what kind of quality I would get. I was very impressed .
I'm not sure on the weight.but it didn't affect the flight much. but only did wide circles nothing to fancy. Now if I knew how to upload it I could show my flying area. Some might be jealous if you like wide open areas.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Harbormaster
Registered Users

Yeah, get one of the HD keychain video cams on e-Bay. Lightweight and they work well.
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
Squenards
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
Yeah, get one of the HD keychain video cams on e-Bay. Lightweight and they work well.
Are you talking about one of these?http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=24758883042
Squenards is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
bundydeity
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof55 View Post
No expert here ,but I just mounted a go-pro clone with a water proof case between the skids on my 450. Just wanted to see what kind of quality I would get. I was very impressed .
I'm not sure on the weight.but it didn't affect the flight much. but only did wide circles nothing to fancy. Now if I knew how to upload it I could show my flying area. Some might be jealous if you like wide open areas.
where did you get this clone from and how much was it?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
bundydeity
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
the guy i work with has one of these for his plane - except i think it was from hobbyking. the quality is ok, a little wavy and during flight as the plane turns the video takes 2-5 seconds do adjust to different light conditions giving a fairly average video.
i was hoping for something that produced very good quality video/sound - without going too heavy and can be mounted under the b400 frame without modifying the skids
Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #7
fr0stbyt3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydeity View Post
where did you get this clone from and how much was it?
Want to know too
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
nof55
Registered Users

the clone was my son's. he said it was almost as much as go-pro wishes he would have bought the real thing tho' it does take good pics IMO . he says little issues w/it. I haven't used it much just the two flights and he helped me with camera. I think price was $249.00 but not sure. I was looking at Dice a while back looked interesting. anyone with experience with one of those?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #9
Harbormaster
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squenards View Post
See post #6.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=267721
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters