Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 05-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #21
el guapo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post
Flybarless is more locked in than flybar so there is less corrections required during flight. This makes it easier to fly which leads to confidence.
+1
flybar is fine for scale type flight. once you are doing loops and rolls, a good flybarless system makes things easyier.
Flight video:http://youtu.be/ckONP0d6hIM
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
terrabit
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanh View Post
more locked in is an opinion. Corrections, yes it does the job for you diminishing the fine skills that you develop with in a FB bird.

Like I said, the FB bird is in no way a lesser machine. It is just as capable as a FBL bird. The only real gain is parts count everything else is minimal or an opinion.
Not to turn this into a FB v FBL thread but, this is not true. Leaving the flight characteristics aside completely, which seems to be the only real point of contention (I would also disagree with any claims that fbl cannot meet or exceed in those categories as well), there is no denying the net gain in efficiency. You can pretty much expect 8 to 15% gains in efficiency with the same power system by removing the fb. This can be translated into longer flight times or greater acceleration, i.e. power. This may be relative but it is not minimal or opinion.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
Elios000
Registered Users

just a heads up the 500 with a fly bar has some phasing issues that can only be solved gonig FBL you can fly around them but its a lot more fun with fbl on that heli
you can get a used Align 3G for dirt cheap and it works well enough
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #24
Doug Sisco
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmm... I've always wondered about going flybarless but I thought it was just for realism. I'll check into it.

I just can't believe how much better the Trex 500 performs. I hadn't realized how stifled my skills were with the G2. This sucker just explodes on the field. I only wish I had more fly time- I only get about 10 minutes with a Sky Lipo 2650mH-A battery.

Last edited by Doug Sisco; 05-23-2012 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: duplicate message
Doug Sisco is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #25
seanh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
just a heads up the 500 with a fly bar has some phasing issues that can only be solved gonig FBL you can fly around them but its a lot more fun with fbl on that heli
you can get a used Align 3G for dirt cheap and it works well enough
Phasing isn't an issue, you simply just correct for it in the sticks. One you get used to it, you don't even think about it, you just naturally make the correction. Yes, it's more difficult but that's the attraction to helis. If I wanted it to be easy, I'd fly planks.

Of course on phasing, you could simply get another head that has adjustable phasing...Just like you FBL guys swap FBL units.
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
kavic5150
Registered Users

Ok, you kids knock it off with your FB vs FBL nonsense.

To the OP, just research whatever it is you are eyeballing before you buy. Good choice on the Trex 500 btw. It should be a while before you outgrow that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote

Tags
$500, electric, new heli

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please