Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

Old 05-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
Heli-opolis
Registered Users

An important aspect of a slipper clutch design is that one should be able to adjust the tension on the slipper clutch, and being able to can get any amount of hold one wants, up to and beyond the holding capability of the plastic 'D' in the gears.

Of course having it that tight would defeat the purpose of having it in the first place but I wanted to see how tight I could get it and what affect different tensions would have.

If one can adjust the tension, wants the maximum amount of hold and is willing to sacrifice a plastic gear, one could keeping ratcheting up the tension until a gear strips and then just back off a bit, as one does when adjust gyro gain.

On the other hand, if it's not adjustable, one is stuck with what one ends up with so maybe it will hold, maybe not.

The design of the clutch is as important as having it in the first place and if replacing stock gears with metal suggests one needs a clutch in any event, it seems spending money on the gears would be a bit of a waste considering one likely will have to modify one's main gear as well, no?

Personally, I don't care what a person decides to do, I'm just wondering if there is something obvious that I am missing that makes having metal gears and a clutch better than just a clutch alone.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
maalse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohin View Post
Im new here.
And i got them, setup and did like 8 flights or so. Only thing to watch is the c? Gear. It's a bit worn out because of the contact with the metal gear. Anything else you want to know? Pics or so?
The finish of the gear is good, but not great. I had to do some small adjustments with a rasp and as you may see on the picture I think the surface is to rough and will "kill" the C gear. (And yes, I also have the slippery clutch )

This gear setup have been in the air for about 30 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5300258_closeup.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	320794  
maalse is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
shakey,nzl
Registered Users

Default Metal gears.

I have fitted the metal gears to my V120D02s & stripped the main gear but with the slipper clutch will be a big improvement, still waiting for slipper clutch.
shakey,nzl is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support