Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
thomascoleman
Registered Users

Default Please some one do a video for me

guys can some one please do a video just showing heli powered on and how the swash plate moves when moving the dx6i stick

also how the swash plate moves when increasing throttle
Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
benboy207
Registered Users

I think it's you who has asked this a couple times now.... Just go through your beast X setup, specifically setup menu G. Make it so the servo horns are 90 degrees with the linkages.
benboy207 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
thomascoleman
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
I think it's you who has asked this a couple times now.... Just go through your beast X setup, specifically setup menu G. Make it so the servo horns are 90 degrees with the linkages.
i dont know why its so much hard work just to get a video from someone.

Ive gone through all the setups etc and done my own video

i just want to be 110% sure.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
aloys24
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascoleman View Post
guys can some one please do a video just showing heli powered on and how the swash plate moves when moving the dx6i stick

also how the swash plate moves when increasing throttle
When I am in throttle hold with a linear pitch curve (0,25,50,75,100)

At low stick the swash is at its highest point and at high stick the swash is at its lowest point.

The swash should remain level throughout all levels of movement with the left stick!!

Since it is flybarless the swash will look weird when moving the right stick. It will not return to level instantly when you bring it back to the neutral position, it will have a little delay and slowly move back.
aloys24 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
benboy207
Registered Users

Alright, go into setup G. Check to make sure your swash is level. If your links are at 90 degrees then adjust the linkages to get a level swash, make sure this is done in setup menu G. Also while in G, check your pitch to make sure you are at 0, if not adjust all 3 links accordingly up or down. If your swash is perfectly level you should be able to fold your blades together and have them touch, this is just a quick test though.

Right, with that done exit the setup menu. Check to make sure that you're swash moves down when you raise the collective and up when you lower the collective. Push left on the right stick, the swash should tilt left, push right on the right stick, the swash should tilt right. Push forward on the right stick, the swash should tilt forward, push back on the right stick the swash should move back.

Now go fly!
benboy207 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
thomascoleman
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
This is getting far to complex.

Alll i have done is replace the servo's so i dont think i need to fiddle with the beast X.

I think its more setting swash limits.

All i want is a video of a stock unit going through the motions.

why all the coffele.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
aloys24
Registered Users

Quote:

Alll i have done is replace the servo's so i dont think i need to fiddle with the beast X.

why all the coffele.
when you change a servo you need to set up beast x.

Beast X is the heart of your helicopter it controls everything. You need to learn how to make adjustments within it and now is the time. Setting swash limits is done within beast x!
aloys24 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Maxthepersonz
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Might be able to get you a video later tonight. See how much time I have.
More feedback... http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/maxthepersonz-117310.html
Maxthepersonz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
thomascoleman
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz View Post
Might be able to get you a video later tonight. See how much time I have.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
RodneyK
Registered Users

There are some setup videos in the BeastX forum. They're sticky posts.
RodneyK is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Flying_Amp
Registered Users

Quote:

why all the coffele.

People are trying to tell you, a nice wee vid of a swash moving up and down is not going to do any good whatesoever, i and others have tried to help as much as possible, but just repeating the same question i am afraid is going to get you the same answer!

You will have to do a complete set up for the new servo's (Been there got the T -shirt) so i know from experiance!

Follow the individual vids in the Beast X forum on here and you cannot go wrong.

Sorry to be so blunt, but there's a good few threads now asking the same question.

If you dont set it up as folk have described... prepare for the worst! You will crash.
retired to the black bin bag!!

Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
mtuccio
Registered Users

Did you replace your servo with a standard stock servo? If so then you should verify the setup in the BeastX. If not, then you need to do a complete setup in the beastX again.
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
Flying_Amp
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
Did you replace your servo with a standard stock servo? If so then you should verify the setup in the BeastX. If not, then you need to do a complete setup in the beastX again.

He has fitted Savox 0257MG's m8
retired to the black bin bag!!

Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
mtuccio
Registered Users

If he did this then he is going to need to reverse the Ail, Ele, Pit servo direction in the Tx and then go back through and do the setup complete. Thanks for clearing that up....
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
Sambuka
Registered Users

I just installed new hitec 5065mg servos, plan to become a beastx expert you'll need it as a full setup is what you need. Took me a day to study and resetup it all but now I'm very confident and it helped me build my new trex 450 with beastx so it's very well worth doing

Yeah and I had to reverse all my servos when I installed them btw.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Heli_Jelly
Registered Users

Quote:
i dont know why its so much hard work just to get a video from someone.

Ive gone through all the setups etc and done my own video

i just want to be 110% sure.
It's crazy how demanding we can get on these forums... Remember youre asking someone to take time out of there busy day to help an audience of 1. I would revise my approach.
Heli_Jelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
Talesin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
If he did this then he is going to need to reverse the Ail, Ele, Pit servo direction in the Tx and then go back through and do the setup complete. Thanks for clearing that up....
Yep. Which is why at least I am getting kind of frustrated at the repeated requests for a video. It sounds like he's going to try to 'guess' the cyclic and pitch limits from looking at the video, rather than doing a proper setup, when the ONLY useful thing that will be taken from a video is 'Throttle up, swash moves down. Cyclic left, swash tilts left. Cyclic forward, swash tilts forward, and vice-versa'... all of which is listed in the 450 X pre-flight checklist in the manual. Same with the cyclic limits; no way to tell if his new servos will bind from a video based on the stock ones, and the clearance on the pitch links/follower arms is so fine the only real way to determine that is to actually move to all cyclic extremes at max and min pitch (after setting those up correctly) and turn the head, looking and listening for servo bind buzz (as opposed to just normal idle chatter) and making sure nothing strikes against anything else.

Needs to do a full-from-step-zero BeastX setup properly, including looking up the new servos' refresh rate and setting that up too. But instead, old threads are updated asking for a video, new threads are created asking for a video, and I start to wonder if he's just violently allergic to pitch gauges.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #18
AR90
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
Yep. Which is why at least I am getting kind of frustrated at the repeated requests for a video. It sounds like he's going to try to 'guess' the cyclic and pitch limits from looking at the video, rather than doing a proper setup, when the ONLY useful thing that will be taken from a video is 'Throttle up, swash moves down. Cyclic left, swash tilts left. Cyclic forward, swash tilts forward, and vice-versa'... all of which is listed in the 450 X pre-flight checklist in the manual. Same with the cyclic limits; no way to tell if his new servos will bind from a video based on the stock ones, and the clearance on the pitch links/follower arms is so fine the only real way to determine that is to actually move to all cyclic extremes at max and min pitch (after setting those up correctly) and turn the head, looking and listening for servo bind buzz (as opposed to just normal idle chatter) and making sure nothing strikes against anything else.

Needs to do a full-from-step-zero BeastX setup properly, including looking up the new servos' refresh rate and setting that up too. But instead, old threads are updated asking for a video, new threads are created asking for a video, and I start to wonder if he's just violently allergic to pitch gauges.
+1

You're going to have to learn to do this eventually, now is the best time.. It's really not as hard as you think..

AR90 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
mtuccio
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post

+1 on this

I don't know exactly what a video is going to show the OP of the thread. I've been using the BeastX unit since it came out so all of this stuff is kind of like old news to me. I think it takes me a whole 10-15 minutes to go through a complete setup on the unit starting with the head on the heli. I personally think that Horizon made a mistake by not including the hard copy of the AR7200BX manual in the 450 X package. Some of the questions being posed now seem very simple in nature and would be easy to find in the book if it was handy.....
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #20
RodneyK
Registered Users

I wish they would have included the full manual, as you've said. I bought another AR7200BX to go into my 6HV and that manual has been invaluable. I'm now able go through the entire setup rather quickly after doing it a few times.

Quote:
+1 on this

I don't know exactly what a video is going to show the OP of the thread. I've been using the BeastX unit since it came out so all of this stuff is kind of like old news to me. I think it takes me a whole 10-15 minutes to go through a complete setup on the unit starting with the head on the heli. I personally think that Horizon made a mistake by not including the hard copy of the AR7200BX manual in the 450 X package. Some of the questions being posed now seem very simple in nature and would be easy to find in the book if it was handy.....
RodneyK is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help