Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770


SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Alignnitro
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harford county Maryland
Default CGY 750

Anyone running one of these.. How is it working out... I am getting my 8fg in the mail anyday now and have switch from spektrum... Thinking about keeping it all futaba but havent seen many guys using this system
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
aviator493
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,849
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bristow, VA
Default

I have 10 cgy 750s now and will never go to anything else! Futaba is not quite as user friendly as Spektrum, but once you learn it you'll never want to use anything else!
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
amitt
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
I have 10 cgy 750s now and will never go to anything else! Futaba is not quite as user friendly as Spektrum, but once you learn it you'll never want to use anything else!
vbar is the most user friendly from what i read. i would like to keep everything futaba as well, but its gyro system may not be so easy at first to use. the computer interface system on vbar is incredible! check out the videos on youtube

http://www.goblin-helicopter.com/for...l-you-be-using
amitt is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
popokatepetl
BD Forum Support
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Earth
Default

I've been using Futaba's CGY750 for many months on all of my helicopters as I Iike everything with Futaba on it .
Everything is changing so I've changed recently all my CGY units for HeliCommand HC3-SX. It works same as good as the CGY and I've found few things being better on HC3-SX:

- piro compensation works awesome. You don't have to take care about your CG that much.
- tail is same as the Futaba ones which I consider being the best on the market
- user friendly interface and you really do know what you're doing
- has a bail out feature which works and saved me few thousand dolars

I thought CGY is the best on the market but...there is another world behind the door
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
drdispatch
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,086
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Default

I plan to run a 750 on my Synergy N5c

I think adjusting the gains on the 8FG is a pretty good bonus for you (and me)

I'm incredibly happy with my Vbar and BeastX units as well.
__________________
Synergy N5c YS56, CGY750
Gaui X5 Vbar
MSH Protos Vbar
Blade 130X
drdispatch is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
aviator493
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,849
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bristow, VA
Default

Interesting, I'll have to check the HC out. Bail probably wouldn't save me from some of the realllly dumb stuff I do though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by popokatepetl View Post
I've been using Futaba's CGY750 for many months on all of my helicopters as I Iike everything with Futaba on it .
Everything is changing so I've changed recently all my CGY units for HeliCommand HC3-SX. It works same as good as the CGY and I've found few things being better on HC3-SX:

- piro compensation works awesome. You don't have to take care about your CG that much.
- tail is same as the Futaba ones which I consider being the best on the market
- user friendly interface and you really do know what you're doing
- has a bail out feature which works and saved me few thousand dolars

I thought CGY is the best on the market but...there is another world behind the door
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
popokatepetl
BD Forum Support
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Earth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
Interesting, I'll have to check the HC out. Bail probably wouldn't save me from some of the realllly dumb stuff I do though!
You would be surprised how much does it help. You'll use the bail out once you even feel the strange feeling. It's totaly different then Throttle hold.

And it works so great! Been really surprised as I thought CGY is the best.
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
aviator493
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,849
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bristow, VA
Default

Interestin... I'll read up more about it. I love my 750's and like sticking to one brand for sake of replacement, but always open to trying new systems! That may be what I need for my turbine Trex 700!!! I'll be nervous enough with 9K heli in the air!!! lol
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
bobloblaw
Registered Users
 
Posts: 833
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Default

What is this bail out for the 750? I've never head of it.
__________________
SAB Goblin 500
SAB Goblin 700
Jeti DS-16
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
desertstalker
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
What is this bail out for the 750? I've never head of it.
Thats because its a feature of the HC3-SX (or SK720 or upcoming MSH brain) not the Futaba
__________________
-DX8
-MSH MiniProtos Stretched, SK720, DS95/DS95i, Hyp 4S 25C 2500mAh
-MSH Protos Stretched, Brain, Hyp DS16/BLS251, 6S 3000mAh
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
amitt
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
Interestin... I'll read up more about it. I love my 750's and like sticking to one brand for sake of replacement, but always open to trying new systems! That may be what I need for my turbine Trex 700!!! I'll be nervous enough with 9K heli in the air!!! lol
why are you interested in a turbine. i havent seen any turbines with 3d acrobatics. i dont think they are good for that
amitt is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
aviator493
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,849
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bristow, VA
Default

I liked the 700 convesion kit fron heli-chris... he does plenty of 3d with his 700! ill probably be too nervous to ring it out though! honestly, just wanted to try something new and since they make a very nice kit for the 700 it struck my attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitt View Post
why are you interested in a turbine. i havent seen any turbines with 3d acrobatics. i dont think they are good for that
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
Arclight338
Registered Users
 
Posts: 365
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jerseystan
Default

I've gone over to Futaba awhile back. I have the CGY750 on my Fury55 and Trex700. I have the Vbar on the Goblin as well as a Logo 400.

The V-bar,at least IMHO, is by far the easiest to set up-BUT-I carry enough stuff to the field and a LAPTOP just isn't going to be going too.

Both V-bar and CGY-750 have gurus online (Mr.Mel and Ben Minor{on RR})
and getting questions answered isn't a problem. IF you get a NEW CGY750 with version 1.20 firmware-be sure to read the attached sheets BEFORE setup and read the Team Futaba tips on their website and setup is easy.

I am by no means a hard 3D flyer and lean more toward F3C type flying( Goblin is overkill for me) The CGY750 is VERY VERY vibration resistant and I LOVE NITRO. In my experience though the CGY750 governor and the 8FG Super works very well on Nitro but the 5.2Pro governor on the V-bar is great on the electrics.

AFTER the setup-you'll really like the CGY750- just read the manuals!!
__________________
T-Rex 700 Nitro ,BLITZ AVRO 90, M.A. Fury 55FBL, SAB Goblin 700, T-Rex 500, T-Rex 250,T-Rex 600E DFC, Outrage Velocity 50V2

Arclight338 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #14
BonewJunior
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Default

cgy750 is a pain to setup and get it right, wobbles on hard stops, tail feels weird, but one time you setup the thing right works good.

I want to thanks Garry Wright from team Thunder Tiger for help me out to dial in the unit.

BonewJunior is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
Alignnitro
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harford county Maryland
Default

Awesome freaking flight !!!!! Very smooth .... Is this at torches ? Sorry if I mispelled it
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
BonewJunior
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignnitro View Post
Awesome freaking flight !!!!! Very smooth .... Is this at torches ? Sorry if I mispelled it
Thanks, yes the flight was recorded at torches on the mini blowout.
BonewJunior is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770


SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com