Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP


Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #41
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

I think the smartest thing for me to do, is to just buy some new skids, and a new frame. Guess that's what i'll do, thanks.
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #42
Jazzjohn
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: madison wi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asome50 View Post
I think the smartest thing for me to do, is to just buy some new skids, and a new frame. Guess that's what i'll do, thanks.
And the next smartest thing is to find a local experienced pilot to help you. The danger here is that after replacing the frame, you could crash again because something wasn't set up right. The Genius is good in crashes but that doesn't mean it will survive every crash.
Jazzjohn is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #43
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

I have a hobby town USA about a half hour from me. I live in the city, so not many people have helicopters since there isn't much room or places to fly them. Would the HobbyTown most likely provide adequate support in a case such as this? They do sell model helicopters, planes, cars, etc. The problem is that they make me pay for any of their time, so before i try to speak to them, id rather know if its actually going to be useful.
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #44
HeliIntervention
Registered Users
 
Posts: 735
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asome50 View Post
I have a hobby town USA about a half hour from me. I live in the city, so not many people have helicopters since there isn't much room or places to fly them. Would the HobbyTown most likely provide adequate support in a case such as this? They do sell model helicopters, planes, cars, etc. The problem is that they make me pay for any of their time, so before i try to speak to them, id rather know if its actually going to be useful.
Most local LHS do not carry walkera parts. Club Heli is in Allentown if you order today you will have the parts by tomorrow! Rick is a pleasure to work with and will answer all of your questions. He also has the brushless upgrade parts.

www.clubheli.com

I have pictures of the parts from Club Heli I put on my GCP

I am local and not far from philly if you want I will be happy to help you since we are so close.
__________________
When you are lying on the floor there is no place to go but up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trex 480 Pro DFC, RoBird, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0,
Trex 450 Pro DFC, AR7200BX, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #45
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliIntervention View Post
Most local LHS do not carry walkera parts. Club Heli is in Allentown if you order today you will have the parts by tomorrow! Rick is a pleasure to work with and will answer all of your questions. He also has the brushless upgrade parts.

www.clubheli.com

I have pictures of the parts from Club Heli I put on my GCP

I am local and not far from philly if you want I will be happy to help you since we are so close.
Your store is an hour a half from me, but im probably going to order a bunch of replacement parts from you. Do you carry blade SR micro parts? I need one tiny part i think its the bell mixer arm push rod. I was looking through your site but i couldn't find any parts. Either way i'l be contacting your store soon.
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #46
HeliIntervention
Registered Users
 
Posts: 735
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asome50 View Post
Your store is an hour a half from me, but I'm probably going to order a bunch of replacement parts from you. Do you carry blade SR micro parts? I need one tiny part i think its the bell mixer arm push rod. I was looking through your site but i couldn't find any parts. Either way I'll be contacting your store soon.
I am sorry if somehow I misled you. I am in south jersey and about a half hour away from philly. I am not connected with clubheli in anyway. I can only speak of my experience with clubheli. I recommended him

1. Because he usually ships the same day and I get the parts the following day.

2. Rick will answer any questions you have. support@clubheli.com

It's really nice to have someone with walkera parts so close. It's even better to get a live person on the phone when needed as opposed to other vender's who only offer contact through E-Mail. I am surprised he does not have any of the Blade Heli's as well!

How are you doing with sorting out your issues with the Genius CP? Mine is down I need servo's. So this might be a good time to put a new frame on mine.

Here is the link to my GCP with the C05 brushless & Oversky ESC upgrade.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=415117

My landing gear was trashed so I put on the extreme skids. They work great and I have yet to break them on any heli I have put them on.
__________________
When you are lying on the floor there is no place to go but up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trex 480 Pro DFC, RoBird, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0,
Trex 450 Pro DFC, AR7200BX, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #47
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliIntervention View Post
I am sorry if somehow I misled you. I am in south jersey and about a half hour away from philly. I am not connected with clubheli in anyway. I can only speak of my experience with clubheli. I recommended him

1. Because he usually ships the same day and I get the parts the following day.

2. Rick will answer any questions you have. support@clubheli.com

It's really nice to have someone with walkera parts so close. It's even better to get a live person on the phone when needed as opposed to other vender's who only offer contact through E-Mail. I am surprised he does not have any of the Blade Heli's as well!

How are you doing with sorting out your issues with the Genius CP? Mine is down I need servo's. So this might be a good time to put a new frame on mine.

Here is the link to my GCP with the C05 brushless & Oversky ESC upgrade.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=415117

My landing gear was trashed so I put on the extreme skids. They work great and I have yet to break them on any heli I have put them on.
Wow, i really could use that. I think i have greatly improved with my skills, so the GCP has helped me. I mastered the 3 axis gyro setting, and am now able to fly my honeybee much better. I really need those parts though. If you could see my helicopter you would really wonder how its flying. The tail boom snapped and is tapped on and holds really badly. The skids are recked, and the battery holders recked. If you could link me to the site which you got your skids from that'd be really helpful. I have been able to have it flying, the canopy issue just annoyed and confused the heck outa me, so i just fly without it, and it does fine. Oh and in the begging i snapped the battery connector thing, and i sautered it back together. Ive been wondering if i buy a new receiver module would it still link up to my devo with the same settings? Probably a stupid question but i always have had different controls for my helicopters. Also is it normal for the brushed motors to get so hot? I touched it today after a flight and burned my finger. With my brushless outrunners I've never had it get that hot, although the ESC's sometimes have gotten painful to the touch.
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #48
HeliIntervention
Registered Users
 
Posts: 735
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Default

From what it sounds like you need to rebuild that bird.

Here is the link for skids:

http://www.clubheli.com/Xtreme-Landi...3B_p_2738.html

Here is the link for C05 motor:

http://www.clubheli.com/CO5M-with-cu...OR_p_3990.html

Here is the link for the ESC

http://www.clubheli.com/MiniCPGenius...0A_p_3729.html

If You do order these. Be sure to leave notes in the order for 9T pinion for GCP and 3 Pin round connector. I am not sure how much they are but you will need them.

Everything else you can get here:

http://www.clubheli.com/Walkera-Geni...ies_c_159.html

Hope this helps you get a new start!
__________________
When you are lying on the floor there is no place to go but up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trex 480 Pro DFC, RoBird, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0,
Trex 450 Pro DFC, AR7200BX, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
HeliIntervention
Registered Users
 
Posts: 735
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asome50 View Post
Wow, i really could use that. I think i have greatly improved with my skills, so the GCP has helped me. I mastered the 3 axis gyro setting, and am now able to fly my honeybee much better. I really need those parts though. If you could see my helicopter you would really wonder how its flying. The tail boom snapped and is tapped on and holds really badly. The skids are recked, and the battery holders recked. If you could link me to the site which you got your skids from that'd be really helpful. I have been able to have it flying, the canopy issue just annoyed and confused the heck outa me, so i just fly without it, and it does fine. Oh and in the begging i snapped the battery connector thing, and i sautered it back together. Ive been wondering if i buy a new receiver module would it still link up to my devo with the same settings? Probably a stupid question but i always have had different controls for my helicopters. Also is it normal for the brushed motors to get so hot? I touched it today after a flight and burned my finger. With my brushless outrunners I've never had it get that hot, although the ESC's sometimes have gotten painful to the touch.


Here is what I suggest. You get a new frame and move everything over to it. Your receiver probably is fine. Just put that on the new frame. If you do the brushless upgrade you'll find the canopy fits on there better for some reason. This would be the best way of tuning her up

If you think you need a new receiver just get a new bird.
__________________
When you are lying on the floor there is no place to go but up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trex 480 Pro DFC, RoBird, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0,
Trex 450 Pro DFC, AR7200BX, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliIntervention View Post
Here is what I suggest. You get a new frame and move everything over to it. Your receiver probably is fine. Just put that on the new frame. If you do the brushless upgrade you'll find the canopy fits on there better for some reason. This would be the best way of tuning her up

If you think you need a new receiver just get a new bird.
Im actually about to buy all the parts the one without the connector i can just sauter the wires cant i?
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #51
HeliIntervention
Registered Users
 
Posts: 735
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Default

You need the connecter so you can plug in directly to the ESC. It will be so much. Easier to solder the connected on the motor.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
When you are lying on the floor there is no place to go but up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trex 480 Pro DFC, RoBird, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0,
Trex 450 Pro DFC, AR7200BX, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #52
HeliIntervention
Registered Users
 
Posts: 735
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Default

Damned smart phone.... Any way I was saying that the connector would be easier to solder then the esc. Depends on your soldering skills.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
__________________
When you are lying on the floor there is no place to go but up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trex 480 Pro DFC, RoBird, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0,
Trex 450 Pro DFC, AR7200BX, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #53
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

they were all out of stock on their motors with the connector. I bought a new tail, frame, skids, canopy, and 3 batteries. I'l probably purchase the upgrade kit from some Chinese sight. There selling for 43 bucks, and giving me more stuff. http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-geniu...29rh8q4dvqb7f2
Theres the link for the upgrade kit i'd like.
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #54
PaulsBA
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: .
Default

http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-geniu...29rh8q4dvqb7f2


The tail motor has given a lot of problems with getting ot to work. Read this thread before buying. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=391591

But that is the best price I have seen for the Walkera upgrade kit!
PaulsBA is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #55
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsBA View Post
http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-geniu...29rh8q4dvqb7f2


The tail motor has given a lot of problems with getting ot to work. Read this thread before buying. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=391591

But that is the best price I have seen for the Walkera upgrade kit!
Well then...haha looks like im waiting for what you told me to buy, to come back in stock. I cant believe this sight would actually provide me with support through all this. I've had way to many issues for most people to actually help. Thanks
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #56
PaulsBA
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: .
Default

Also take a look at this http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...r-43g-3-1.aspx

Expensive I know but if you are in a hurry it is in stock. But before you pull the trigger google it for reviews, I have no idea as to how good it is.
PaulsBA is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #57
asome50
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

@heliinternvention, I bought the skids and they arrive, but these instructions make absolutely no sense, and the helicopter dosent come apart without snapping most of the fram apart. If you could tell me how you managed to get this on, that'd be quite helpful.
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #58
HeliIntervention
Registered Users
 
Posts: 735
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asome50 View Post
@heliinternvention, I bought the skids and they arrive, but these instructions make absolutely no sense, and the helicopter dosent come apart without snapping most of the frame apart. If you could tell me how you managed to get this on, that'd be quite helpful.
You might be confused because the instructions show a CB100 battery cage attached and still don't make it very clear. I have pictures of what mine looks like in this thread.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=415117

The old skids need to be clipped off up at the frame. The front of the extreme skid strut needs to be slightly modified to allow the motor pinion gear room. It's is fairly easy and I have plenty of pictures in my thread. Maybe it will give you a better idea how the mod is made.
__________________
When you are lying on the floor there is no place to go but up!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trex 480 Pro DFC, RoBird, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0,
Trex 450 Pro DFC, AR7200BX, Devo 10 Deviation 3.0
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP


Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com