Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

Old 07-29-2007, 04:14 AM   #1
cd5
Registered Users

Default lepton esc choice

Ive almost decided to get the lepton and want to set up on 4s using the hyperion h3025-10 and was wondering what esc ishould use.
Will the align 75 amp work on this set up or is there a better choice.
thanx
cd5 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:16 AM   #2
John Heli
Registered Users

There ist always another choice: My preference is a Kontronik Jazz 80-6-18 with double BEC integrated. It has a very good governor mode and detects motor and battery parameters automatically.
John Heli is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
Hornetnoseout
Registered Users

Hi there, I uses the JETI SPIN55 for my Lepton (with Hirobo original motor). Works great on Governor mode (I run about 2400 rpm HS) and the JETI Box lets you read out flight parameters like amps, voltage, temp, speed,... You might like it. BTW, I am running a 4S setup.
Hornetnoseout is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
John Heli
Registered Users

The JETZ SPIN55 looks nice, too. Can you transfer the parameters read with the box to a PC? Or can you store them in the box?
John Heli is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
ArthurKnowles
Registered Users

The parameters are stored in the ESC. You use the box to read/set them. I use the Spin 55 on my 8S eHawk conversion. On my Lepton I use the Jazz 80-8-18. I use an Aerospire eMultigov on both of them for govenor control. I detest the govenors on the ESCs.

FWIW I use the Hacker A30-10XL motor on 4S 3700 mah Hyperion packs.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters