Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 07-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Rigalo
Registered Users

Default V-Bar setup issues

Could anybody help me with the following setup issues on the V-Bar?

1. I'm using a Futaba s9256 on the tail, but the choice of servo is only S9251? Where do I change it to s9256. Also, do I need to adjust the pulse rates on it? (can't see how or where.)

2. When I connect my AR7000 to a receiver pack, the tail creeps a little on the bench. I placed the 3axis gyro at the bottom of the back tray, close to the tail servo. Any ideas?

Help appreciated.
Rigalo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
rcman
Registered Users

I will try to help

#1 you can use either the 9251 or 9256 on the 9256 setting its refering to the pulse I think not the servo itself

#2 it should creep just like a heading hold gyro will
Old 07-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
Rigalo
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Dude. Do you know if the high pitch noise from the servo's is normal as well? Is this common to a full digital setup?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
Eyon
Registered Users

My HF Map location

high pitch noise is just the "digital" bit. its so precise that its always correcting itself, so you get the buzz. the 9256 is mad for that, its so preicse, the slightest breeze on any part of the tail pushrod assembly makes it buzz.

You will like the V-bar 9256 setup, its awesome....just take your time to get it set up correct, it does take time, and patience, but its worth it!! :glasses2:
Eyon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
Rigalo
Registered Users

Thanks Dude. The most frustrating bit is getting all the wires and electronics on the 14's arse. It's more tight in there than damn 450 trex's! And they said it's going to be easier to work on them. It looks like a cyborg whose top skull is being removed. Just wires and cpu's and crap. Not to mention the presure tubes.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
Eyon
Registered Users

My HF Map location

dont worry about the pressure tubes, unless you do a lot of FFF or FBF you wont need them. I fly all 3D and have never felt the need for them
Old 07-31-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Rigalo
Registered Users

Ok, thanks Dude. Might try it without it, but I do like the FBF though. Seems as it needs quite a lot of presure difference before it reacts to the swash.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
Rigalo
Registered Users

Damn! Another question:

I've setup 12degrees on pitch, but to get 7-8 on cyclic, I had to adjust endpoints on radio. Is this right, cause I don't see anywhere to limit the cyclic pitch in the program?

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #9
Eyon
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rigalo,

Let me look into that, I'll try get back to you a bit later.

End points are just like on a 611 gyro, increase them to increase rate of rotation. so if your roll is too slow, you adjust end points.

I assume you have the v-bar set up as a standard mechanical mixer on your tranny? and let the v-bar do the rest of it?

In theory you can use a simple 4ch tranny to work a v-bar perfectly well, all of it can be set up on the PC.

If you want, i can talk you through any of the setting up, call Flighttech Distribution, im on the technical support extension.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
Rigalo
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyon View Post
If you want, i can talk you through any of the setting up, call Flighttech Distribution, im on the technical support extension.
Thanks Dude,

I'll give a call on Monday. Struggling with the HV85 in governor mode. Will try v-curve tomorrow to get some flying in.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support