Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Majic1
Registered Users

Default Devo 8(S) Firmware Updates

Ok, let me recap...

Since I first got my V200 with the Devo 8S, The Tx had this wierd "freezing" problem. About every 4 or 5 times I turned it on, it would boot up in this state. It was almost impossible to tell because the sticks still worked. The problem is when it's in this state it really playes havoc with the Aile channel and has caused the bird to roll hard right on takeoff, then once its in the air it is very hard to control. I found out later (After 2 crashes) a way to tell if the Tx was in this state. If I can't get into any of the menus by clicking on them, then it is in this "frozen" state and then have to turn it off and on again and everything returns to normal. Originally the Tx had FW v6.0 on it. Not too long after I got it ver. 7.0 became available and I installed it to see if that would correct the problem. With 7.0, it definately made a difference, but the problem did not go away entirely. I had 7.0 on for approx a month and the Tx only froze once. What is even wierder is the first time of the day I would fly my heli, I would turn on the Tx and plug in the bird and let it bind. Even without it being in this "frozen" state, sometimes it would bind with the swashplate level and other times it would bind with a slight Aile tilt (approx 8% according to the subtrim menu). Depending on which way it decided to bind, I would either have to adjust the Aile subtrim to 8% or reset it back to 0%. So, it was kind of a roll of the dice everytime I turned on the Tx and bound it to my heli.
Since I am still waiting for blade grips to show, I have taken the time to go through everything on the bird to make sure I haven't missed anything there. I noticed the other day Walkera had posted a new FW update 8.0 on their website and I downloaded and installed it. Since then, I have turned my Tx on and off and rebound my heli several times and everytime the swashplate binds level now. It is starting to look like this whole problem has been the Tx? I can't be 100% sure though, I'll have to wait probably a couple of weeks to be sure. But, it looks promising...
Majic1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
HRPuffnstuff
Registered Users

Thanks for sharing the update with us.
HRPuffnstuff is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Majic1
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No Problem HRP...

Update:

Since I installed fw 8.0 I have not had any problems. The V200D03 is flying great and no swashplate tilt problems. The Devo 8s hasn't booted up yet in it's wierd frozen state either. But, I think its a little too early to tell if the problem has completely gone away. Probably another couple of weeks to be sure. But, so far, so good and everything is working normally...
Majic1 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support