Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

Old 06-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
easy_tiger
Registered Users

Default JP EnErG ESC stripping gears

Hi

I just picked up a 70A version of the JP EnErG ESC. It seems really good value but I've already stripped 2 sets of umbrella gears trying to get a decent soft start. Anyone have any tips with these ESCs?

I've set it to Very Soft startup mode. The manual says "Very Soft Provides initial slow 1.5 sec ramp-up from start to full rpm intended to protect delicate gears from stripping under instant load. This setting is recommended for either fixed wing models equipped with
gearboxes and/or helicopters. I assumed the 1.5sec ramp-up time was a typo but it seems not. Far too agressive for a heli!

The Governor mode says "Second range: Initially there will be a 15 second delay from start to full RPM. After this any further input from the throttle will be as normal". Is this what I should be using? What does it do? the manual is not very clear.

regards
easy_tiger is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion