Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
poor_red_neck
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well it's that and they are always going to take the side of the buyer when there is any question.

Reason being if all the "little guy" paypal sellers went away, it's no big deal. If the BUYERS go away, it's a huge loss of money. They have spent alot of time trying to build a reputation for going on the side of the buyer. They don't want to lose the corporate business, and without the buyers, you don't have the corporate business.

Sadly, paypal never has really cared for the "average joe" seller (IE SUB 100K/yr)
poor_red_neck is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
ov10mech
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Perhaps.

Seller 584 Positive Feedbacks 100% Ebay Member for 12 Years. $68,000+ sold through Paypal last year

Buyer 3 feedbacks 100% Postive - Member for less than one year.

You would think this would be considered along with the evidence of having two claims but they went for the new guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor_red_neck View Post
Well it's that and they are always going to take the side of the buyer when there is any question.

Reason being if all the "little guy" paypal sellers went away, it's no big deal. If the BUYERS go away, it's a huge loss of money. They have spent alot of time trying to build a reputation for going on the side of the buyer. They don't want to lose the corporate business, and without the buyers, you don't have the corporate business.

Sadly, paypal never has really cared for the "average joe" seller (IE SUB 100K/yr)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ov10mech is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
jgalen0025
Registered Users

Sorry about your situation but it does state on paypal website under seller protection that you need proofof delivery
You don't need sig con to get proof of delivery
( I work for the post office)
Other means of getting proof of del wout sig confirmation include: blue sticker insurance(above 200 not black label which is below 200) certified, registered, express,
Or ups and fedex all have proof of delivery standard
As far as scanning packages
The policy is that all extras, priority, and up are to be scanned arrived at destination post office and then scanned delivered or left notice if not available for signiture
The reason your package is scanned at for ex 4 and the doesnt show in the comp till 5 is bc the scanner is updated when the carrier gets back from delivering whole route
Some do prescan things but you will get fired if anyone finds out since there is no way you can deliver all your packages at once(scans are monitored by postmaster
jgalen0025 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #24
Epoweredrc
Registered Users

man that sucks hate to hear, I have been selling lots on ebay and everything i sell I get signature on it, even small items i do not want them saying they never got it, if they signed for it then hope they can't say i didnt send it i always use tracking also. i cant stand when people send me things w/o tracking got two this past week w/o tracking didn't have a clue when they be here

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #25
65L88
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ov10mech View Post
I owe you! I went down to the local PO and told them what happened. If its over 200 they automatically collect and scan the signature even if you don't pay for it probably to protect their insurance. She wasnt supposed to give it to me but she did. I have both signatures of this asshole and going after him through law enforcement, paypal, and ebay now!
You might have a mail fraud issue here if he signed for an item (or two) that he later claims he never received. Might be worth checking into. Federal felonies are especially serious stuff.......
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #26
jclifford
Registered Users

Default mail fraud

+1 on the mail fraud,
definitely use the Feds, mail fraud is huge!
jclifford is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #27
poor_red_neck
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Perhaps.

Seller 584 Positive Feedbacks 100% Ebay Member for 12 Years. $68,000+ sold through Paypal last year

Buyer 3 feedbacks 100% Postive - Member for less than one year.

You would think this would be considered along with the evidence of having two claims but they went for the new guy.

Holy crap.

Yeah, I'd say that should definitely entitle paypal to take your side. I mis typed in my post... I meant to say sub $10K not $100K.

$68K sold through paypal is alot of dough man. I'd say with this new evidence, there is no way they can deny you.

You gotta wonder though. If the dill-hole who is trying to scam you signed for the package, he either has huge brass cojones, or is just plain dumb.

Again, good luck and I really hope you get your money back.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #28
ov10mech
Registered Users

Default Final Update

Final update on this.

Evidence was presented on both claims. For one claim paypal said they sent "a courtesy email" to the buyer asking him to pay up, like that was going to work.

For the second claim they said they requested more info from the buyer.

After a few days I ccalled back in and checked status. Long and short of it is the buyer since disconnected his Paypal account and was not answering. So, PayPal said they are going to eat this one.

What a pain in the ass.

Persistence pays off with any escalation to a company. Eventually you talk to the right person instead of the robots. I dont care for the way PayPal handles this at all. It was so clearly obvious it was a scam from the beginning.

Again, to avoid this all together, please remember to use signature confirmation on anything over 250.00 . I think I am going to also start requiring over 20 feed backs for more expensive items.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #29
poor_red_neck
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the tip. I've certainly not done it for things I've sold.

I'm very glad you got your money back.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
ov10mech
Registered Users

I spoke too soon. After being assured by Paypal they would take care of it they now say they have no way to recover the money. They were were so quick to give it back to the scammer. So they are saying its my problem to track it down. How is the little guy supposed to fight with a company like PayPal? Small claims court?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
irishmatt18
Registered Users

File it in small claims court... Why not.
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
Helico-pteron
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Sorry if this is old news. I was just f***ed out of 600.00 and I want to warn everyone.

For any value over 250.00 you must use signature confirmation or you lose all rights as a seller if the buyer states they never got it. I had a guy use same e-mail address and buy from me twice under two different names. USPS showed delivered.. he claimed he never got two items, and Paypal debited my account even after I clearly showed he was scamming. Its burried in their user agreement. Items were insured.. Not sure yet in the Post office is going to do anything. I doubt it.

If anyone lives in the Bronx and wants to help me track down this dirtbag please PM me.
Damn dude, that sucks big time. I use signature required always no matter what, $5 to $1000, too many scammers.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #33
Helico-pteron
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Again, to avoid this all together, please remember to use signature confirmation on anything over 250.00 . I think I am going to also start requiring over 20 feed backs for more expensive items.
Feedback has been irrelevant for years, use signature required.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
hamstar78
Registered Users

i just recieved a heli in the mail that said signature required and they didnt even ask me for a sig just handed me the box and rolled out. even took off work early to make sure i was there to sign
Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #35
Cailid
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
i just recieved a heli in the mail that said signature required and they didnt even ask me for a sig just handed me the box and rolled out. even took off work early to make sure i was there to sign
Make a complaint to the post office. That drivers not doing his job properly and it could cost others because of it.

Or you could just call the post office and say "where's my package?"

How do you become a millionaire flying model helicopters?
Start as a billionaire.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here