Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:14 PM   #61
WayneBrown

I go past that particular hobby shop twice a day during my work week.
I have asked about it for the past 6-7 months, and I have offered to transport it also.
The BlackSheep event will see it back in Rodney's hands.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #62
Rodney
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yea I was told I could get it in July. But that is a long ride. so I will wait until later. Have to check map to see if we can pass it on the way to Ircha. LOL
Lithuim Ion Dual Pack For Radikal
Old 07-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #63
Clintstone
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Go thru Statesboro and then onto Agusta and then to Greenville then you just go thru Ashville and rightr up to IRCHA. Good luck Rodney..............
Old 08-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #64
Rodney
Registered Users

Well latest update on my missing helicopter. I was told a few months back I could pick it up in july if he still had it and hadnt heard from the theif that stole it from me. Well I planned on going to pick it up on the way to Ircha, but when I called the Hobby Connection and talked to the owner David. He told me that the guy who had it there on consignment called him 2 weeks ago and said he was going to pick it up.
David told me that he told him he would need a copy of his drivers licence to get it. He also told me that the guy gave him a new phone number to reach him at.
Then David told me after I called that he tried to call the number but it was no good. And that I could not pick up the heli as he didnt want any legal problems incase the thief came back to get it. :? I really need to vent this before I hunt this guy down and skin his ass alive. Anyone have any dealings with Charles Jackson of Pickens county please let me know where to find him.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #65
WayneBrown

I'll talk to David today, in just a few minutes in fact.
I'll hunt this SOB down..
Old 08-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #66
R-4-L
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i can't believe how long this is taking!! if i were you i'd forget everything and focus on hunting that theif down! GET HIM!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #67
Hotshot Charlie
Registered Users

Unbelieveable, Rodney !!!!

It's time to find this clown, and show him what a severe "whoopin'" is all about !
Old 08-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #68
ShawnK
Registered Users

Document everything. I mean sit down at the computer and type out an exhaustive timeline of everything that has happened pertaining to this situation. Gather photos of the machine of you have them, document names, addresses, and phone numbers of every person you've talked to regarding the matter (like the guy in Easley)... document enough material to choke a camel with the paperwork.

I can tell you from personal experience (recent and pending litigation with my former employer) that whoever comes in with the most documentation will have the upper hand. My attorney was impressed that my wife and I have an entire file on the problems with my former employer... dong the same in this case will no doubt help you as well.

Will - for your part, a hard-copy printout from the HF archives of everything pertaining to this transaction will only help.
There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 08-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #69
ClayK
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Something smells rotten....

So what if the thief called in? Has he come in to take possession? All of this means nothing. It has been identified that the property was fraudulently obtained. Police reports have been filed both in Florida and in South Carolina, correct? The property was placed on consignment a year or so ago. The shop owner recognizes that it's stolen property and has cooperated thus far but is failing to release the property. Sounds like the shop owner is trying to cover his six too hard. I doubt that someone that perpetrated mail fraud, larceny, possession of stolen goods and quite possibly a litany of other illegal acts would bother suing a shop owner for returning those illegally gained possessions back to the rightful owner.

Rodney,
We'll talk at IRCHA. I may not be able to get your helicopter back, but I may have a small solution for you.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 08-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #70
spork
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
...I could not pick up the heli as he didnt want any legal problems incase the thief came back to get it.
I'd suggest to the shop owner that he'll definitely have legal problems if he doesn't let you pick it up. He should be a whole lot more worried about the rightful owner putting the pressure on than the thief applying pressure.

Good luck.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:43 AM   #71
WayneBrown

Well here's what I see in this situation. The store owner allows consignment sales which this was to have been. After he was contacted about the possibility of it being fraudulently obtained, he removed it from view, and stored it in the back.
It's been here a long time, but there is no notice that if anything is left over XX days will be sold. That is part of the dillema. The shop owner really wants no part in this, but is concerned about legal repercussions either way.
He will not release it to the person that brought it in without getting a copy of his drivers' license, and apparently the guy doesn't want to be found.
We have two phone numbers for him, both cell phones and its assumed they are/were prepaid jobs.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #72
Hotshot Charlie
Registered Users

It's beginning to look like the shop owner may not be on the "level"????

Rodney, I guess you have two options, forget it or press the shop owner..... apparently the scumbag that stole it will never be found.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #73
WayneBrown

I'd say the shop owner is straight up, he's just in a situation where he does not know what to do without placing himself in the line fo fire.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #74
Hotshot Charlie
Registered Users

Hey Wayne, hope you are doing well. It's been a long time since we chatted.

The only reason I say, shop owner, is that "outside looking in", it just seems fishy that he is not willing to work this thing out. He seems to be dragging his feet for some reason. Just seems weird... and I apologize if my comments are way out of line.... but something isn't right here.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #75
DavidH

My HF Map location

I worked in a hobby shop for several years. We were involved in a situation like this a couple of times. The shop owner is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Even thou the shop owner knows the heli belongs to Rodney. If he gives it to Rodney and the person that left it there for consignment comes in and the heli is not there. Then the shop owner will be liable for the heli and have to pay that person what he was asking for the heli. Been there done that in the hobby shop. Not a good feeling for the shop owner when he has paid someone for something he doesn't even have.

I am sure the shop owner wants Rodney to get the heli back. He just has to do it a way that his ass is covered also.

David
Old 08-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #76
ClayK
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I was the shop owner, I would show the "thief" the police reports and hand him Rodney's phone number and say, "Take it up with them". Is the "thief" really going to pursue some sort of litigation over property he originally stole being returned to it's rightful owner? Doubtful. Is he going to hold the hobby shop owner liable? He can try, but then he opens himself up to criminal prosecution because he proves possession and intent to sell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 08-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #77
DavidH

My HF Map location

Go back and read the thread from the beginning and you may understand the situation the shop owner is faced with. This has been going on since Dec 2004. In my opinion the shop owner is trying to cover his ass in any action he takes. I don't blame him for that.
The heli has already been at the shop for a year. Rodney was hoping to get it back when he attended the Black Sheep event last year.

As for the shop owner , I believe Rodney and him have spoke on several occassions.

David
Old 08-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #78
Hotshot Charlie
Registered Users

Hey David, hope you and your family are doing well !!!!

Well the shop owner gets the benefit of the doubt.... but, I just think he should work to eliminate the problem.... at least try to solve it. If the thief comes to pick the bird up, he should say.... Wait a minute, I need to call the PD to come down and visit with you a few minutes..... before you take it. I would just tell the thief that this heli has been reported as stolen property and that the PD must clear it up. At that point, reach over and call E911. I bet that joker would RUN out the shop door.

Anyway, I don't have a dog in this fight.... other than Rodney is a good guy and I enjoyed getting to know him. I'll keep my opinions to myself, but Rodney, if I can be of any help, I am available !!!

Good luck !
Old 08-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #79
Rodney
Registered Users

Well it has been along time. over 2 years now. Not sure what is going to happen. I can always stop by and give it a hug every now and then. Other than that doesnt look like it will ever leave Hobby Connection.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #80
ClayK
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If a report has been filed in FL and in SC, I believe the shop keeper can be released from liability. If that is not enough, I believe properly applied pressure, civil and perhaps a resulting criminal investigation may be the end solution.

There was talk earlier of possibly pursuing criminal charges, I'm curious why that wasn't completed? Witness testimony, police reports....

Does this have to go to Judge Judy? :glasses2:

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Closed Thread

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here