Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
tntburnett
Blade Forum Support

Default Small DIY tail push rod mod pics and video

Here is a small mod you can do for better support and cut down on spool vibration
I did this mob and was shocked I didn't get any tail vibration on spool up . Here are some pics and a flight video at the beginning of the video I tell how I did the mod and a flight to go along with it.

Be blessed
Isaac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Vll...e_gdata_player

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1342144986803.jpg
Views:	2550
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	331565   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1342145000921.jpg
Views:	2249
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	331566  
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
03Bugeye

first
03Bugeye is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
Krea
Registered Users

What did you do with the exacto? You said you loosened the ball links?

Nice flying. Interesting mod. So confused on how it fixed things but glad it worked for you.
Krea is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
tntburnett
Blade Forum Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krea04 View Post
What did you do with the exacto? You said you loosened the ball links?

Nice flying. Interesting mod. So confused on how it fixed things but glad it worked for you.
I open up the guide holes a lil more so the push rod have a lil more freedom in the guide.

By the push rod being held a lil tight it sends vibration down the push rod causing the fin to vibrant seems like to me. All I k ow it stop the vibration .

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Cujo22
Registered Users

Thanks Isaac for yet another contribution.

I am still waiting for my dx6i to be repaired so all I have been doing is prepping my 130x for it's maiden. The extra wait is killing me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cujo22 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
03Bugeye

So the extra support on the guide rod? IS what is helping?
03Bugeye is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Aerocowboy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Bugeye View Post
So the extra support on the guide rod? IS what is helping?
I'm willing to believe this helps the tail vibration on spoolup, but I doubt it's because there's an extra guide on the tail pushrod. Instead, I bet that simply having the weight of an extra piece of plastic near the end of the boom changes the resonant frequency to something else.

I just wonder if it was moved to a better value (lower rpm, such that it isn't noticeable on startup) or to a worse value (higher rpm, such that it may happen in flight). Probably the former.
Aerocowboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
PhlipSticx
Registered Users

I may have to try this, after taking the push rod off the first time it was loose on the ball (even fell off on spool up vibes once) this may help to secure it, and if it reduces tail vibes regardless of the reason it's worth it.
PhlipSticx is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
slowcelica@gmail.com
Registered Users

I just modded my tail supports, I just extended the boom support out about an inch or an inch and a half and it seems to fix the tail vibration. I think it's to far in stock to properly add support to the tail. I also added an o-ring to the tail control arm which removed some of the slop in the slider.
Blade MSR
slowcelica@gmail.com is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Manyc
Registered Users

I'll give it a shot if i have the issue... i mean it cant hurt...

and i keep seeing everyone throwing on o-rings... where is everyone getting these o-rings?
Manyc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
Andrillox
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyc View Post

and i keep seeing everyone throwing on o-rings... where is everyone getting these o-rings?
The o-rings are the ones used for the swashplate on the mcpx. Part number: EFLH2226
Andrillox is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #12
Liduno
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyc View Post

I cut a couple canopy grommets in half and put them behind the stock o-rings.

The silicone o-rings I had on my mcpx were great as dampers I just don't know what size to get.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
atv223
Registered Users

http://www.oringsandmore.com/

If you have 001, 002, 003 Silicone ones, I think you are covered for both and mCPX and a 130X. I read the 003 fit the 130X links, but for an extra $2 I just ordered some 004 just in case.

I wonder if this company is wondering why all these people, not business, are ordering these micro o-rings?
atv223 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #14
Manyc
Registered Users

Awesome thanks for this link. Cheaper than the stock ones. I think I will put in an order.
Manyc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
Sinwatcher
Registered Users

Thanks TNT that mod worked for me...I did it exactly like yours and opening the hole a bit more took away the vibs I was having. For the o-rings guys go here https://www.banjominnowstore.com/Sto...8-o-rings.aspx
Sinwatcher is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #16
DoubleCH
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Funny I find that 2nd pushrod guide only gives me problem. If my tail rotor is balanced my additional bearing mod gives me absolutely zero tail-fin vibe staying at any rpm all day long without 2nd pushrod guide which doesn't help tail pitch control accuracy in any way. If my tail rotor is little out of balance which induces tail-fin resonance, adding a 2nd pushrod guide actually makes it worse because it doesn't damp pitch change from the vibe and therefore amplifies resonance. When the tail-fin is about to resonate without 2nd pushrod guide, the pushrod vibrates absorbing all the pitch change from resonance and the tail fin barely vibrates. So, for me no thanks for the 2nd pushrod guide which adds weight and problem with no benefit at all.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
stablehover
Registered Users

Thanks TNT you seem to work really hard to the benefit of all of us on HF without demanding some kind of recognition for your efforts. Others are always touting "MY MODS" even though most are so esoteric nobody cares. Kudos for your efforts. I tried the second pushrod guide and took it off. I will try again with a modded guide.
stablehover is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
tntburnett
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinwatcher View Post
Thanks TNT that mod worked for me...I did it exactly like yours and opening the hole a bit more took away the vibs I was having. For the o-rings guys go here https://www.banjominnowstore.com/Sto...8-o-rings.aspx
I'm glad it worked out for you

Be blessed
Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Funny I find that 2nd pushrod guide only gives me problem. If my tail rotor is balanced my additional bearing mod gives me absolutely zero tail-fin vibe staying at any rpm all day long without 2nd pushrod guide which doesn't help tail pitch control accuracy in any way. If my tail rotor is little out of balance which induces tail-fin resonance, adding a 2nd pushrod guide actually makes it worse because it doesn't damp pitch change from the vibe and therefore amplifies resonance. When the tail-fin is about to resonate without 2nd pushrod guide, the pushrod vibrates absorbing all the pitch change from resonance and the tail fin barely vibrates. So, for me no thanks for the 2nd pushrod guide which adds weight and problem with no benefit at all.

you have your opinion and that's cool. Its working out for others and it worked for me also. it doest add that much weight when you trim the sides off and or you can keep on brushless motor don't care about that lil weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
Thanks TNT you seem to work really hard to the benefit of all of us on HF without demanding some kind of recognition for your efforts. Others are always touting "MY MODS" even though most are so esoteric nobody cares. Kudos for your efforts. I tried the second pushrod guide and took it off. I will try again with a modded guide.
You are most definitely welcome . I just like putting things out there that helped me. That what the site is for .

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
DoubleCH
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntburnett View Post
you have your opinion and that's cool. Its working out for others and it worked for me also. it doest add that much weight when you trim the sides off and or you can keep on brushless motor don't care about that lil weight
Not my opinion but my observation on my bird. I know many people do the 2nd pushrod mod and I by no means think my words are going to change their minds. I just want to put my observation on my bird (not my opinion) out there just like anybody posting any other new problem on here for the purpose of a log such that anybody else having similar situation they are not alone.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #20
tntburnett
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Not my opinion but my observation on my bird. I know many people do the 2nd pushrod mod and I by no means think my words are going to change their minds. I just want to put my observation on my bird (not my opinion) out there just like anybody posting any other new problem on here for the purpose of a log such that anybody else having similar situation they are not alone.
I feel ya and understand you . No arguments here me and you are on the same ship out to help people out to make things better .

Be blessed
Isaac.

PS I'm still thinking about doing the bearing the mod I just a lil lazy about making it. Been working a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help