Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Excalibur3
Registered Users

Default What are the best blades cf ???

Hey freaks what are the best blades I could put on my baby? Where can I get them and how much do they cost? Thanks I have a $36 dollar set on my SR and it made a huge differance will the same happen on my 4503d ?Ps I took off my training gear and I panic alittle when it's time to land Lol
What's the best procedure safest bet? For landing hit TH or what and when thanks?
Excalibur3 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
InFocus
Registered Users

I didn't noticed that much of a difference from the $4 exi fiberglass blades, vs the $6 carbon fiber blades, vs, $16 align carbon fiber blades.

The fiberglass ones were a bit less 'poppy', and they are quick to break if you hit the ground, but this probably helps from damaging other parts.

Personally, I'm running the Align carbon fiber blades now and like them.

Everyone has their own opinion on the 'best' way to land. I switch back to normal mode (from idle up) before landing, then land, and when its on the ground then I shut down the heli. This way, I never worry about a 'hard' landing from hitting TH too high up.
I pay careful attention the entire time, even when it's on the ground to be sure that it doesn't want to tip etc..

If you going to use the TH route, others here will give the proper instruction to ensure your throttle and th curves match up properly so you don't end up in a bad situation.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
gdawgs56
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i like the align $17 blades. they work for both FB and FBL. I also like the Edge blades but for $40 a pair, im going to stick with the aligns. For landing, i do the same as InFocus, i flip back to normal mode and then land softly on a piece of wood so i dont land uneven in the grass. Once youre on the ground cut the throttle quick so you dont make any cyclic movements and tip the heli. Good luck!!
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Jem450R
Registered Users

I bought some thunder power cf blades, love them!! Looks awesome, light weight, and longer then the stock blades! Came perfectly balanced from factory too!! They were 39 bucks so not the cheapest but work very well
Old 07-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
chambers
Registered Users

+1 on the align blades, I also use them.
chambers is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
InFocus
Registered Users

Optical illusion in the 2nd pic above. I was thinking, what did you do to your flybar paddle? but that the landing gear..
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
rstekeur
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm using the $4 exi fiberglass blades. I think they work great. Maybe when I stop breaking them as often I'll get a better set. The thunder power blades look good
rstekeur is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help