Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
hawkeye690
Registered Users

Default need help with linkage length

Hey all,looking for some help with linkage rod lenghts on the 450x.
Iam looking for mm between the plastic ball links for ali,elev,pitch..hope to get the 2 rods for the elev too (servo to the elev arm)..if possiable plz!.
Long story short, it needed a servo replaced and it was takin apart and the servos were put in backwards and all the linkage was changed real bad to try and get a level swash..getting the stock lengh would really help to get this heli rite...
thank you for any help!!
hawkeye690 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
EEngineer
Registered Users

Here ya go....from the top down....

All measurements are from one end of the link to the other end of the other link.

Swash to blade grip link length = 48.5mm

Swash to servo link lengths:
Port link length = 56.45mm
Starboard link length = 44.9mm
Elevator link length = 50.3mm

Servo to elevator bellcrank link length = 70.3mm

Note: On the servo to elevator bellcrank links, I have purposely shortened the top link and lengthened the bottom link by 1 - 2 turns.....This is to prevent the upper bellcrank arm from hitting the port canopy post(stalling the elev. servo) when adjusting Setup Menu L(the cyclic limit adjust).

And FWIW, at 0 deg. pitch at mid collective.....with both main blades folded back.....the main blade tips should be about 3 & 9.5/16 " from the top of the tail boom....
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
hawkeye690
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well thank you EG..it will for sure help.
Once i get the links rite.I can get the rest.
Ill also be getting the swash leveling tool tomorow from my LHS...
thanks so much..good flying
hawkeye690 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Talesin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The problem is, setting the heli up by link length is only going to give a rough starting point. To get the precise setup the 450X requires to fly optimally, you can't go based on link length; that will change based on your heli (as small a change as the angle at which your servos are screwed in can shift that by a good few millimeters!).

You'll need a digital pitch gauge, the AR7200BX manual, and the Blade swash tool at a bare minimum. For easier setup, a servo-horn squaring tool, zero-pitch head jig, bullseye level and shims can be added.

Going through the 450X mechanical setup correctly, your links end up the correct length as that is the only length they *can* be.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
bradharvy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
The problem is, setting the heli up by link length is only going to give a rough starting point. To get the precise setup the 450X requires to fly optimally, you can't go based on link length; that will change based on your heli (as small a change as the angle at which your servos are screwed in can shift that by a good few millimeters!).

You'll need a digital pitch gauge, the AR7200BX manual, and the Blade swash tool at a bare minimum. For easier setup, a servo-horn squaring tool, zero-pitch head jig, bullseye level and shims can be added.

Going through the 450X mechanical setup correctly, your links end up the correct length as that is the only length they *can* be.
Lol, thats funny to me. Sorry, no reason... But yes you r correct. There really is only one length, the correct length! Lol.
Trex 550e v2,BLADE 450X ,130X NEVER! McPX BRL, 120DO2s, McPX, Stryker , Edge 540qq,UMX BEASt, Crak Yakx2,
YAK 55M 35CC,A.W. yak 54 20CC,3dhs 330sc 57inch, ALL ON MY JR9503
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
EEngineer
Registered Users

The way I read the original post, was that the OP had bungled the servo replacement and had changed the stock link lengths and wanted the lengths of the stock links.....

And before I did a setup, I measured the stock link lengths for reference.....and not the lengths that I ended up with after a full setup.

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help