START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
czynot
Registered Users

Default How do i reset step G?

In set G. While led is blank = servo center. What if 3 servos have trim location, How can i reset all the servo to their center trim to start over again?

I hope you understand what i mean.
czynot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
helidude71
Registered Users

Have you tried a reset on the BeastX?

Factory Reset:
To reset the MICROBEAST to factory settings, you can, at any setup menu point, push down the button for at least 10 seconds until the LEDs A-N and J quickly blink one after the other to confirm the reset.
Please note that any previous configuration is now deleted. Do not attempt to fly the helicopter without doing the complete setup procedure again otherwise you will crash your helicopter. Please also note that all servo settings are lost, therefore you should unplug the servos and remove the servo horns before resetting the MICROBEAST.

The receiver type settings (see chapter 5) are not affected by the reset!
Conversely, if you change any settings in receiver type, the setup menu or parameter menu are not affected.
However, you have to redo the receiver-specific settings (channel assignment and fail-safe, see sections 5.2 to 5.3).
Phoenix R/C v5
helidude71 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
DominicD
The Capi

My HF Map location

Why would you ever have to reset the trims ?

Spreading capibara awareness since 2006
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DominicD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
czynot
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I been doing this step wrong. I been trying to level the sway at servo center pluse (no led)..
I notice there is a small servo movement on elevator servo. This explain why my heli keep having a backward drift. I thought it was my tail geting heavy. DUH
czynot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
DominicD
The Capi

My HF Map location

Just remove the servo horns, reattach them while in "reference position". Then adjust the trims so the horns are 90.

Spreading capibara awareness since 2006
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DominicD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you have done it wrong, no need for a reset, just do it again, and do it right, as just mentioned and all will be well.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
SKYQUEST

Not sure if this is accurate, but I do remember reading somewhere that once you have set the trims you have to leave this menu w/ one of the servo adjust lights on, not off in the reference center position. It may not remember what trims you just set...it does not say this in the manual, but I remember reading it somewhere. Sure doesn't do any harm leaving that menu w/ a led lit up as opposed to off. Im sure I'll be corrected tho.
You can also set parameter letter A (light rapidly flashing) at the field...that's its purpose. Like you said, if the heli drifts when hovering you can set it not to drift w/ letter A. Doing it correctly to begin w/ letter on G and a swash tool is the correct approach though. Should have no drift 1st flight out doing it this way.
You ARE using a swash level tool for this step, right?
SKYQUEST is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is not in the manual because it isn't true. You can exit G at any point, and any adjusted centres completed will be remembered and used. The reason that it seems to work in helping people get this step right is simply that it helps focus the mind. If, when you leave this step, one of the servos is still way off, and you are in the reference position, you will not be looking at the adjusted positions, and might assume that it is right. If you leave with a light on, and all should be true and square, it is so obvious to see that most would not make the mistake of leaving it whilst it was not true and square, hence why most have better success whilst adopting this method.

Like you said, it certainly can't hurt, but in truth it doesn't really help either, apart from in a perception point of view.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
SKYQUEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
It is not in the manual because it isn't true. You can exit G at any point, and any adjusted centres completed will be remembered and used. The reason that it seems to work in helping people get this step right is simply that it helps focus the mind. If, when you leave this step, one of the servos is still way off, and you are in the reference position, you will not be looking at the adjusted positions, and might assume that it is right. If you leave with a light on, and all should be true and square, it is so obvious to see that most would not make the mistake of leaving it whilst it was not true and square, hence why most have better success whilst adopting this method.

Like you said, it certainly can't hurt, but in truth it doesn't really help either, apart from in a perception point of view.

Cheers

Sutty
Cool...good to know
SKYQUEST is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support