Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
djklein21
Registered Users

Default After market motor options

I am not sure where else to post this question, but what after market motors fit a RC-Tek skyshark/diablo? I just bought ******777's heli, and need to equip it with a motor. I am used to a450V2 with an align 4050kV motor. I don't need anything insane, but would like something in the 3000-3200 RPM range.

I only ask the proverbial which motor question because. it seems the motor needs to be a fairly small diameter in order to fit the frame.

Thanks for your input guys.
David Klein in San Diego
djklein21 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
ke6d
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by djklein21 View Post
I am not sure where else to post this question, but what after market motors fit a RC-Tek skyshark/diablo? I just bought ******777's heli, and need to equip it with a motor. I am used to a450V2 with an align 4050kV motor. I don't need anything insane, but would like something in the 3000-3200 RPM range.

I only ask the proverbial which motor question because. it seems the motor needs to be a fairly small diameter in order to fit the frame.

Thanks for your input guys.
David Klein in San Diego
I have a Scorpion motor from ReadyHeli and very happy with it. The head speed can go up 3000 rpm easily with 12 teeth pinion. I run a 13 teeth pinion on mine so the head speed is way > 3000 rpm. My flight time is only 5 min in ID though.

GL,

Dan, KE6D
ke6d is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.