Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 12-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
blak__jak
Registered Users

Default dx6i binding problem

i'm a total newbie to r/c choppers been flying for just over a month now so forgive me ahead of time for any dumb questions. i'm not new to r/c i've run nitro trucks and boats and gasers of both. i currently been getting into the 1/5 scales but over the years i've always had an urge to try my hand at flying. i actually did buy a couple helicopters over the years including a 90 size nitro one time but never had any luck keeping them out of the ground. anyway to get back on subject while at the LHS a few weeks back i decided to give her another try and picked up a 120sr rtf well i didn't like the tx that came with it and knew i wasn't stopping there so a couple days later i stopped back by and got the 4503d that came with a dx6i. i've got to say here the 120sr i feel is a great learner. i can already in this short time fly it rather than just chase it around. don't get me wrong not saying i'm any good but i've only replaced one set of blades so i'm happy. sorry i keep drifting. i also have a 130x. the point i'm trying to get to is i had no problem binding the 120 or 130 to the tx but today picked up a nano cpx and wil not bind. it doesn't seem to be a problem with the cpx because it will bind fine with the tx that came with it and tried to rename the 130 and add it to a different slot on tx and couldn't get to bind either though it remains bound to tx as model #3. has anyone had this happen.it as if everything else is fine just will no longer bind to new aircraft or old for that matter. by the way also thanks to all you guys on this site you guys are great!!! you all are 99&9/10s of the reason that i've only bought one set of blades. THANKS!
blak__jak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Talesin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Binding can be tricky. With the mCPX (v2) there's a specific procedure to follow (stupidity with the rudder that was added in for NO apparent reason).

With the Nano, you should be able to set up a model memory for it in the TX, switch the TX off, plug in the heli, wait for its LED to start blinking rapidly, hold the TRAINER switch on the TX (serves double duty as the bind switch) and turn on the TX. Keep the TRAINER switch held down until the heli stops flashing/goes solid-on, then release.
If it doesn't stop flashing, try again at different ranges. On my mSR, the TX antenna needs to be touching the heli to get it to bind. One of my mCPXes, the TX has to be more than 6 feet away or it won't work. No idea why, no rhyme or reason to it.

No idea about the binding procedure on the 130X; I've steered clear of that thing due to all the problems it has with the tail assembly.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
blak__jak
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i've tried holding the trainer switch for 2 to 3 seconds and releasing it and holding right rudder,holding it till bind completes,different ranges and everything thing else i can think of nothing seems to work. the 130x is still bound to tx as model #3 but when i tried to add it again as model #5 couldn't get it to bind again. could there maybe be something wrong with the bind switch. thing is when i power up tx holding switch bind displays on screen but nothing happens.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
Talesin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah. Keep holding the bind switch down. If it's showing 'BIND' on the screen? Nothing wrong with the switch.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
blak__jak
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

finally got the nano to bind to dx6i this morning. sort of. the light continues to blink and motor won't spin up. released bind switch held right rudder,held bind switch held rudder, tried not holding rudder and just releasing bind switch nothing. binds fine no problem with tx it came with and spins up so i don't get it. what could i be doing wrong?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Talesin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just reviewed the manual, and yes, it's the whole 'hold for 2-3 seconds, release, then full right rudder' dance.

Have you tried it at various ranges? Again, some of my helis need the TX antenna to be touchin the heli to bind, and some need to be more than 10 feet away for it to work right.

You HAVE set up a profile for the Nano in the TX and have it selected before you power off, correct?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help